Guest Cancellation -

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just very suspicious everytime is the same,it will happen at gmex2 you watch

??

karl urban/miranda otto were BOTH cancelled WELL IN ADVANCE!!!!

(which show were they? C6? damn its been a long time!!)

goes to show, SM let us know AS AND WHEN THeY DAMN WELL CAN.

both of those were swaying a LOT of LOTR fans to go, yet SM let ppl know earlier than 2 weeks. goes to show what you really seem to be accurate in :P

• Moderators

Just like every time someone tends to accuse Showmasters of underhand tactics etc, it's never the regular forum members or attendees but rather those who have registered and hardly posted.

Sure, others are negative about certain aspects, but they never attack the organisers and make outlandish remarks about the way they do things. Most people are pretty balanced with their views on the shows, which is fair enough! We all like some things, and think others can be improved!

Conspiracy theories are always from the suspicious ones.

Just like every time someone tends to accuse Showmasters of underhand tactics etc, it's never the regular forum members or attendees but rather those who have registered and hardly posted.

Sure, others are negative about certain aspects, but they never attack the organisers and make outlandish remarks about the way they do things. Most people are pretty balanced with their views on the shows, which is fair enough! We all like some things, and think others can be improved!

just read the posts about gmex1 i posted nuff said

the best thing is that all you guys fall for it every SINGLE time

just watch the real big names WILL cancel about 2 weeks from the show in manc

ill be there to say TOLD you so

the only big name to cancel this time round is Dreyfuss. Ok granted im gutted as it was the main reason behind my gold pass and will probably not get one in future just in case a similar thing happens, but its the nature of the game. I was accused of been predictable when Dave Prowse was announced when all I did was point out it was quite obvious, you blatantly come on here and wind people up with your disrespectful comments.

I for one am going to LFCC and armed with my Gold Pass am planning to have a bloody good time. I dont care what you think to be honest. And you say the real big names will cancel 2 weeks before Manchester?? Well looking at it now we have Carrie Fisher and Elijah Wood still going to LFCC so that 2 out of 3 still attending.

Go play somewhere else. :P

Don't rise to it mate

hell, if i can ignore a filthy little bottom like this, anyone should!! :lol:

The fact that there are people here who sink so low as to insult someone for telling the truth, shows just how neverendingly deep the Satan Pit really is.

People fell for the gold ticket rouse last year, and the majority of those same people have fallen for it again, assuming they actually have thrown their money away and are not just saying they have in order to ingratiate themselves.

For those people who are still happily waving their gold passes in the air, the reason they bought them had nothing to do with the guests. They just want to give their money away. They'd have still bought one if the headline guests were Sooty and Sweep.

I can think of much nobler causes who would welcome the cash.

Actually I bought my Gold Pass on the strength of the guests and I wouldnt have done if it were Sooty and Sweep. I love the occassion of these events but that doesnt mean I have a Gold Pass each time. If you dont like the way things are then dont go, if you think Gold Passes are not worth it, dont get one but at the same time dont comment on people who do get them.

Why are you even posting? Is it your duty to try and make people suddenly think Showmasters are ripping everyone off and making up guest lists or something. I found the cancellation of Dreyfuss annoying but people like you even worse. No-one makes you interested in Showmasters events so if you dont like what happens do the good thing for the rest of us and dont come on here. Ive criticised some things in the past but have realised since that these boards are for fans of the events. People who pay their money the way they want to, as little or as much, so we dont need people like you telling us we have wasted our money based on your ludicrous theories.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it and please go play in traffic.

SHOWMASTERS ARE GREAT! :dance:

And finally, BURT REYNOLDS ROCKS~!!!! BBBC

that applies to you too! :poki:

Edited by rich5wolves

when i went to look, i could only find you having posted TWICE in a positive manner.

hmm...

most of us are a bit more capable of making clear we enjoyed the thing, rather than moaning about one or two cancellations.

did someone say that showmasters are replacing richards dreyfuss with sooty and sweep?

sweet!!!

put me down for a gold pass!!!

any chance of getting sue,as well?

izzy,wizzy,let's get bizzy!

:P

lol

and Michael!!!! :poki:

when i went to look, i could only find you having posted TWICE in a positive manner.

hmm...

most of us are a bit more capable of making clear we enjoyed the thing, rather than moaning about one or two cancellations.

just ignore em matey, dont even know why they come on here if they think its that bad :lol:

did someone say that showmasters are replacing richards dreyfuss with sooty and sweep?

sweet!!!

put me down for a gold pass!!!

any chance of getting sue,as well?

izzy,wizzy,let's get bizzy!

:poki:

I heard that too!

I would have prefered Punch and Judy, but what the hell. Sooty and Sweep, awesome. Will definatley be gatting their autos. Just hope they don't cancel otherwise I might think it's all one big CONSPIRACY!!! :P

anyone who got a gold pass only because of dreyfuss is a total idiot, when an auto, a hotel room, and transport costs less.

(rich, not aimed at you, i know dreyfuss isn't the only guest you want to use it for ;) )

Well, I can't help it feeling hit by that one. :P

I am coming to this event only because I want to meet Carrie Fisher - if Carrie hadn't been announced, then I wouldn't have come.

And because of what was written about the mayhem when she was at C6, then I bought a gold pass. Sure I wants to meet about 13-15 other (and Dreyfuss would have been one more), so I will put it to good use, put again if Carrie hadn't been announced, then there would have been to trip to London and hence no gold pass.

So what I am saying is, that if I want to buy a gold pass, even if it is just for one person - Dreyfuss, Fisher or other, then it is not really any of your business. Of couse you are free to think what ever you want but it is still my decision and my money so please don't begin to tell me what is and isn't wise to use them for.584cd.gif

anyone who got a gold pass only because of dreyfuss is a total idiot, when an auto, a hotel room, and transport costs less.

(rich, not aimed at you, i know dreyfuss isn't the only guest you want to use it for :YAHOO: )

Well, I can't help it feeling hit by that one. ^_^

I am coming to this event only because I want to meet Carrie Fisher - if Carrie hadn't been announced, then I wouldn't have come.

And because of what was written about the mayhem when she was at C6, then I bought a gold pass. Sure I wants to meet about 13-15 other (and Dreyfuss would have been one more), so I will put it to good use, put again if Carrie hadn't been announced, then there would have been to trip to London and hence no gold pass.

So what I am saying is, that if I want to buy a gold pass, even if it is just for one person - Dreyfuss, Fisher or other, then it is not really any of your business. Of couse you are free to think what ever you want but it is still my decision and my money so please don't begin to tell me what is and isn't wise to use them for.584cd.gif

my apologies for offending, you misunderstand - to only have a single guest that you're going for, and not meeting anyone else, was what i meant. working, obviously, on the fact that a room for the night costs about 60 quid, transport say another 60, and an auto for 25 - thats less than 150. i believe the gold pass is 175. add on the risk of a guest cancelling, and i believe the more economical and intelligent means of meeting only one person is to stay over.

if you'd read the thing properly, i WAS NOT referring to the ppl who were also meeting other guests as well.

ZIPPY!!!
Zippy was the one trapped in a gimp outfit.

yess... your point? :YAHOO:

if you'd read the thing properly, i WAS NOT referring to the ppl who were also meeting other guests as well.

I did read it, but like I wrote, then if Carrie Fisher hadn't been announced then I wouldn't have come to the event and of couse not bought a gold pass either. But if, for some reason, I should happen to find myself at the event and Carrie had never been mentioned then I would not have bought the gold pass.

And if I was going to the event with only enough money for an autograph from fisher and a gold pass then I still believe these would be my choice of purcase. However I couldn't be sure of the last one since it would be highly unlikely for me to travel to UK with only £25 (well since the gold pass must be ordered in advance).

Given that Showmasters have so many cancellations compared to other events (approaching 50% of the guest list on some occasions)

I'm as fond of a conspiracy theory as the next man, but please, name these shows (plural) and enumerate which guests actually cancelled and which ones actually came so that we can see this "approaching 50%". Or were you using it in a pedantically factual but over-emotive fashion. I mean, Wayne Rooney is approaching age 65, and when I start my car in the morning and drive away I'm approaching the speed of sound, but neither of us, whilst approaching as in "getting closer to" are getting that close.

The eagled-eyed amongst you will notice that the cancellations of the headline guests are now being announced weeks in advance. Not on the Tuesday night before the event as has always happened.

And why is this? Because Showmasters were well and truly rumbled by a few people on here before GMEX last February. They know they simply can't get away with it anymore.

Does that make them any less of a cancellation? If anything it just gives people more time to get wound up and moan on here about it...