• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaccccttuuuuaaallllllyyyyyy

Going back to the truck reference. Trucks aren't Lorrys :D

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaccccttuuuuaaallllllyyyyyy

Lorrys are lorries :P

But I know what you mean :o . It can apply to both - otherwise truckers will be out of a job :D

(truck - Any of various heavy motor vehicles designed for carrying or pulling loads.)

London - It is NOT a country, it is NOT in Ireland and everyone does NOT LIVE THERE.

TOTALLY agree on that. Cracks me up when Americans say that. I was at one of Eminem's gigs at MK Bowl in 2003 and one of the support acts said "Hello London" and everyone was laughing :lol:

Edited by TheOther

London - It is NOT a country, it is NOT in Ireland and everyone does NOT LIVE THERE.

TOTALLY agree on that. Cracks me up when Americans say that. I was at one of Eminem's gigs at MK Bowl in 2003 and one of the support acts said 'Hello London' and everyone was laughing :o

how the HELL did they manage that one?? didn't the PR guy tell them 'by the way guys, this is Milton keynes' ????

TOTALLY agree on that. Cracks me up when Americans say that. I was at one of Eminem's gigs at MK Bowl in 2003 and one of the support acts said 'Hello London' and everyone was laughing :o

how the HELL did they manage that one?? didn't the PR guy tell them 'by the way guys, this is Milton keynes' ????

I know, you would think someone would tell them where they are :lol: Too busy counting the money I guess :D I bet they spent most of the time in London and just travelled up for the gigs.

I remember turning to my mate and saying that I know city boundaries are extending all the time but that's ridiculous :D

WOW!!! What a lesson although I have to admit that 50% of what's been mentioned I already knew. I pride myself on world culture but am very humble when it comes to NOT knowing it all! Give me a year or so.

You folks have no idea how incredibly useful all of this is to me. Bear in mind that my memory sucks when it comes to certain things, especially if I do not apply them often. that's why hosting the German shows for 11 years has only taught me a few choice terms to remember.

Keep this up and by the time we do our first show there with Jason, I'll be a professional in your country.

Thank you all.

WOW!!! What a lesson although I have to admit that 50% of what's been mentioned I already knew. I pride myself on world culture but am very humble when it comes to NOT knowing it all! Give me a year or so.

You folks have no idea how incredibly useful all of this is to me. Bear in mind that my memory sucks when it comes to certain things, especially if I do not apply them often. that's why hosting the German shows for 11 years has only taught me a few choice terms to remember.

Keep this up and by the time we do our first show there with Jason, I'll be a professional in your country.

Thank you all.

Not a problem mate, we'll have the title of "Part-time Brit" bestowed upon you in no time ^_^

We'll even dig out a Royal Family mug somewhere as a 'badge of office' or something...!!

I love Americans and I can't get enough of your country, I only hope that you can come here and feel the same!

\m/

I remember turning to my mate and saying that I know city boundaries are extending all the time but that's ridiculous :YAHOO:

:dance: That made me crack up....!!!

I remember turning to my mate and saying that I know city boundaries are extending all the time but that's ridiculous :dance:

^_^ That made me crack up....!!!

:YAHOO:

Humour is spelt wrong in the topic title.... ;):P

And that made me laugh too :lol:

I remember turning to my mate and saying that I know city boundaries are extending all the time but that's ridiculous :dance:

^_^ That made me crack up....!!!

:YAHOO:

Humour is spelt wrong in the topic title.... ;):P

And that made me laugh too :lol:

Milton Keynes, Greater London.

That would be scary.... That would become, what... 0209??? Hahaha.

yes, but you're talking on a UK English forum ^_^

i admit that its hard to tell whether some of the languages on here are even human, admittedly, but the origin of the forum is english!! :YAHOO:

plus you had to develop your language from somewhere :dance:

Roundabouts are called rotarys in the US (well they are in Boston).

If you want to learn more about English humour, can I add the Carry On movies (or films as we say over here!) to your list...... :blink:

You just don't talk about driving/roads when talking about Boston.

The concept of going to Boston to drive is like vacationing in the Gaza strip. YOU JUST DON'T DO IT.

The big dig is INSANE. Driving is INSANE. However, their public transport system is top notch ;)

Carry On Films!!!! Wooooot! I love them. Favourite is Carry On Camping.

Also, for some great British comedy check out The Goon Show. It was a radio show with Spike Milligan in it. It was soooooo funny ;)

Hi there - your friends here ;) say hello!!!

You might find it useful to remember - in the UK in buildings we start on the ground floor, then go up to the first floor.

Looking forward to a UK another show - especially when graced with your presence, of course :blink:

Sal

x

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly welcome to the forum and the madness that is the SM world :lol:

You have to watch Red Dwarf. Ask Jason he's bound to have it on DVD.

Some of us will be over to Florida in Jan for the FX show, you'll have to pop over and say hi.

Really looking forward to another show UK and another show UK.

Edited by Too Tall

I've seen RED DWARF in the early days as well a few other British series. Loved most of them like BLAKE'S SEVEN, SPACE 1999, UFO, CAPTAIN SCARLETT, THUNDERBIRDS, STINGRAY, THE PRISONER, THE AVENGERS, DR. WHO, and a few others.

If you miss this year's another show, you will miss something truely spectacular!!!

I tried to make it to FX last year but couldn't get away. Maybe I'll try again this year.

you mean NEXT YEAR Marc lol

No he meant THIS YEAR. He's talking about this years another show in Germany :D

Check again Stu..he's referring to how he couldnt go to FX last year but is gonna try again this year, but he cant cos its already happened, hence try again NEXT year lol

• Showmasters Admin

you mean NEXT YEAR Marc lol

No he meant THIS YEAR. He's talking about this years another show in Germany :thumbup:

Check again Stu..he's referring to how he couldnt go to FX last year but is gonna try again this year, but he cant cos its already happened, hence try again NEXT year lol

Doh!