LOST VIDEO GAME

DavidB

• Moderators
May 22, 2006 - Today Ubisoft announced a long-term worldwide licensing agreement with Touchstone Television to develop and publish a video game based on the television series Lost. Developed by Ubisoft's Montréal studio and scheduled to hit retail shelves worldwide in 2007, the game will be offered for home and portable consoles as well as PCs.

For those of you living under a rock, Lost is the uber-popular television series about a group of seeming strangers who crash land on an island which is infested (or infected? Who knows? It is part of the mystery!) with polar bears, dinosaurs, hatches, and mystery. Lost has been licensed in over 210 territories worldwide. The series has been a Top 3 U.S. series on free TV channels in every international territory it has aired.

"We are delighted to work with Bryan Burk, one of the biggest producers in Hollywood and with Touchstone Television," said Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft. "That they have chosen us for the adaptation of the cult series 'Lost' is the best homage that a producer can make to the creativity of Ubisoft."

Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television said, "We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series."

"The creative appeal of Lost transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology," said Julia Franz of Touchstone Television. "It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch Lost, the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience."

Said giddy Lost executive producer Bryan Burk, "With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the Lost universe, we're giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create."

When contacted for more juicy details on the game, Ubisoft kept mum and promised more information soon. Lost: The Transcendent Videogame is scheduled for organic extension on all available consoles, portables, and PCs in 2007.

From IGN (www.ign.com)

• Moderators

Not necessarily. There's so much scope to work with characters, past and present etc, other survivors, all of that. Plus anyway they always make film tie-in games and people buy those, and surely you know what happens in them once you've seen the movies .. still it's challenging and worth playing :)

I think it would be great alot of potential, Your locke, wander through jungle, kill boar, your boone, climb up get in seemingly safe plane, your jack ...... so much stuff I think it would be great

JA

There's a fine line between infatuation and obsession, I'm sure you could make the transition easily :P

:D I probably could, but I promised myself i'd never have anyone get a restraining order against me until the day I die, and I intend to keep it that way :P

hmm... easy way to solve that - carry a gun or knife, and when she gets the restraining order, do yourself in :P

not sayin its a good idea, just saves you trouble :P:unsure:

now... how about claire gloves, claire jeans, claire jackets... ;)B)

• 4 weeks later...

Im not sure, I think it will be another of those ga

mes with alot of hype which will be taken back to stores within a week and you will be able to buy preowned within days really..

A

Im hoping you can create a character and be one of the other survivors on the island that you never see or hear about. That way you can interact with all the other characters and change storylines with your actions. E.g join the others and plot agaisnt them by providing them with lists of names!

that sounds good, also for it to be free roam, so if you wanna go off into the island you can. The others dont need help :clap: they can get the names on there own:O

Edited by Boone