Werent the Cybermen cool !

greedo_uk

I loved this episode!!!

I have to admitt though that I do feel sorry for Mickey.....he must feel so isolated when they are all together because the Doctor and Rose are very close.

The Cybermen, yet again, rocked and the general storyline just kept me on the edge of the seat and David's face at the end....awwww!!!! Just felt like picking him up and giving him a big hug! LOL!

• Showmasters Admin

It's nice to see they aren't making Dr Who too child friendly! Even though the original Dr Who was (supposedly) aimed at children they weren't afraid to make it scary, which IMO was one of the reasons kids loved it so much!

The cyberman episode was nice and scary, without being gory. Perfect for all ages!

Andrea

Because of work and a crappy TV signal though the computer recording, Ive missed 3 episodes now this season! The werewolf ep and the 2 cybermen eps..apparently the best ones! Stupid work..

Whens the DVD's out? Might aswell not bother with the TV episodes anymore this season now im getting so far out of the story :YAHOO:

• Showmasters Admin

Don't know about the DVD, but it's worth keeping an eye on other channels such as UK Gold/UKTV as they seem to run whole seasons of stuff like this not long after they've finished airing on the BBC.

Andrea

Just looked it up on BBC website. First DVD with episodes up to Girl in the Fireplace is due out 5th June (subject to change). Don't know about the next one though.

*spoiler - second cybermen episode*

hmm... i noticed Doctor said at the end that 'Micky's gone home'

also, the 'old' doctor (chris) kept callin him ricky.

maybe - before the time war, or accidentally after - the time-crack was opened and micky/ricky were switched, with no-one noticing - before they were old enough to notice anything either?

dunno why, but if dimensional travel was common before hand, then there musta been the occasional thing that passed the timelords by...

also - this is probably picky, but i noticed it, so its not exactly the smallest thing there is :headscratch: - Doctor mentioned that something from 'our' universe was required to power the tardis. regardless of how it functions, the sonic screwdriver must have SOME power source - captain jack's sonic gun certainly did! why didn't he just use that instead of gettin all worried about there bein nothing there??

yeah and they were created them again but i dont think they should of said

"Delete, Delete" because thats a copy of the Daleks

"Exterminate, Exterminate" but the Cybermen were cool but i think it wasn't as good as the old ones

I thought what was brilliant in the first episode was hearing all the screams and just seeing the tools working but not actually seeing what they were working on. Of course they couldn't show that but my imagination can do a lot worse than what they could show on the screen! These episodes really had me looking through my fingers and reminded me a bit of Superman ? when the nasty sister got swallowed into the machine.