GMEX Improvements

DavidB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i can think of is the folllowing

When putting away/taking out items from my bag such as photos, there is no place to sit down.

There should be an area for people to sort out their purchases before getting back into the que again.

I hate sitting on the floor where people just trample over you.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheaper food, or a larger area opened up for food, even the reminder for peple to bring picnics @.@

it was unlucky the weather is so bad that time of year else we could have gone outside, maybe just doing the main thing that was suggested and opening up the rest of the hall (or one of the smaller function rooms)

We just ended up walking to Subway when we were there and it was literally 5 minutes walk away from the GMEX. It turns out that I wasn't really hungry anyway and bought a sandwich that I didn't even eat! I'm such a money waster! :YAHOO:

Annie.

• Moderators

Honestly it's only down the road and round the corner to the closest restaurants and supermarkets etc. Print out a map before you go next time if you're worried you'll get lost. Better to be safe :D

i have to agree, the lighting was poor, which means flash photography on most cameras which means sometimes bad pics if the guests or even us are not expecting the flash (closed eyes* doH!

so yeah, maybe some better light.

i have to agree, the lighting was poor, which means flash photography on most cameras which means sometimes bad pics if the guests or even us are not expecting the flash (closed eyes* doH!

so yeah, maybe some better light.

974920[/snapback]

Not much they can do about hall lights I am afraid.

And I for my parts had no complaints anyway. I was surprised, most of the time my camera didn't even need a flash.

• Moderators

The lighting is often a problem with events like GMEX and the halls that they are in ... happens at other events too! But yeah like QS said, you can't really do anything about it. Sometimes it'll be fine, sometimes the pics will be messed up ... same with in MK, the shopping centre can be bad if it's sunny.

• Moderators

It's a pain! One minute it's fine, not too sunny, everything's going well ... then BAM! fun fun fun in the sun sun sun, and you can't see a damn thing .. well, depending on where you are obviously! As long as everyone's got a half decent camera it can usually be dealt with.

Yes, it's all a matter of time to figure your camera out.

My problem was that the big DLR simply picked up too much light - even when it was cloudy - and I had to set all settings to a minimum. Then it worked fine. Just had to remember to use the flash when it was really cloudy on Monday.

Yes, it's all a matter of time to figure your camera out.

My problem was that the big DLR simply picked up too much light - even when it was cloudy - and I had to set all settings to a minimum. Then it worked fine. Just had to remember to use the flash when it was really cloudy on Monday.

974952[/snapback]

The perrils of Britishe weather

• 1 month later...

Manchester GMex was my first con and I enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint was when I went to get the virtual tickets for meeting the guests. It was such a scrum. Is it like that at the other cons? Surely there must be some way of handing out tickets in an orderly manner. I found it quite scary :poki:

• Showmasters Admin

Manchester GMex was my first con and I enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint was when I went to get the virtual tickets for meeting the guests. It was such a scrum. Is it like that at the other cons? Surely there must be some way of handing out tickets in an orderly manner. I found it quite scary :WAVE:

I've come up with a solution to this. It should start being used at LFCC4 :D

Manchester GMex was my first con and I enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint was when I went to get the virtual tickets for meeting the guests. It was such a scrum. Is it like that at the other cons? Surely there must be some way of handing out tickets in an orderly manner. I found it quite scary :P

I've come up with a solution to this. It should start being used at LFCC4 :o

Ooohhh....the mystery. Are you going to reveal your secret plan, or will we have to wait until the day?

P.S.-Whoever was giving out Alan Tudyk tickets on Saturday @ CM9, you are awsome! You should use her tactics, TT! :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

Manchester GMex was my first con and I enjoyed it a lot. My only complaint was when I went to get the virtual tickets for meeting the guests. It was such a scrum. Is it like that at the other cons? Surely there must be some way of handing out tickets in an orderly manner. I found it quite scary :P

I've come up with a solution to this. It should start being used at LFCC4 ;)

Ooohhh....the mystery. Are you going to reveal your secret plan, or will we have to wait until the day?

P.S.-Whoever was giving out Alan Tudyk tickets on Saturday @ CM9, you are awsome! You should use her tactics, TT! :dance:

You'll have to wait and see.

I've come up with a solution to this. It should start being used at LFCC4 ;)

You'll have to wait and see.

sounds interesting mate (THANK YOU)