Gold Pass - Anyone getting one?

Loxias

Hey there,

Has anyone ever got one of those gold passes? I thought about it, just to make sure I get to see everyone I want to, and the goody bags are kinda appealing. But isn't £175 a bit pricey? Any advice on whether its a good idea or not?

Dr J. :P

• Moderators

They're often useful if you're limited for time, or worried about getting a certain busy guest, or if you want front row seats for the talks :) Depends what your preference is, and your money situation!

I think most people that have had them have been happy, but felt there could be a bit more offered for the price :)

I don't think there's any one particular guest that warrants worrying about queues though, as long as you're not in a rush.

If it had included the price for autographs for a certain number of guests, I would have purchased it no problem... as it is, I think I'll need that sort of money just to get all the guests on my list... and time isn't really a problem, as I'll be there all weekend... just need to figure out who to go to first!!

Lizzi xxx

I would have loved to have gotten, but i don't think it's wise for me to buy one. That'd proabably be all my money gone, and i desperately need it seen as i'm going to be there all weekend. It is a bit expensive, but i guess if you want one and can afford it, you should go for it.

I bought one!!! Though i'm a total n00b at these sort of events so i want my first experirence to be the best possible. Guess we'll see if that £175 was money well spent.

Problem is the site says;

You will need to provide a photo of passport size to info@showmastersonline.com for identification on your pass.

I don't have a scanner :D

If it had included the price for autographs for a certain number of guests, I would have purchased it no problem... as it is, I think I'll need that sort of money just to get all the guests on my list... and time isn't really a problem, as I'll be there all weekend... just need to figure out who to go to first!!

Lizzi xxx

911701[/snapback]

I'm the same way....mostly because 175 pounds is a LOT more in Canadian funds and there's no way I can spend more than 300 dollars just on a pass. Meeting the people I want plus sitting farther back in the talks is more along my budget :)

• Showmasters Admin
I bought one!!! Though i'm a total n00b at these sort of events so i want my first experirence to be the best possible. Guess we'll see if that £175 was money well spent.

You will need to provide a photo of passport size to info@showmastersonline.com for identification on your pass.

I don't have a scanner  :D

911872[/snapback]

Do you not know someone with a digital camera?

As long as it's a good head shot it doesn't HAVE to be passport size as SM can always resize it I'm sure.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

I don't have a scanner  :firedevil:

911872[/snapback]

You can send a picture through the post.

Sure am I love the laminate

911914[/snapback]

And it's easily wipeable afterwards :firedevil:

911916[/snapback]

droolable (having serious doubts though)

911936[/snapback]

Ach, I indulged myself just this once. Those Stargate peeps better not cancel now!!!

I don't have a scanner  :yoda:

911872[/snapback]

911920[/snapback]

I did that last time and now it's in a frame, on the wall in SM Towers :lol:

I don't have a scanner  :(

911872[/snapback]

911920[/snapback]

I did that last time and now it's in a frame, on the wall in SM Towers :blink:

912534[/snapback]

Thats cause your special

I don't have a scanner  :D

911872[/snapback]

911920[/snapback]

I did that last time and now it's in a frame, on the wall in SM Towers :angry:

912534[/snapback]

Thats cause your special

912589[/snapback]

Or they decided to save money by not bothering to buy a dartboard. ^_^

• Showmasters Admin
I'm now a little confused I thought all talk tickets were free?

911894[/snapback]

The talk tickets are free but there will only be limited seats and for the most popular talks the tickets are given out quite quickly. Gold pass holders can order their tickets in advance to guarantee a seat, and don't have to queue to collect them.

And as Jeni said, the front rows of the talk area are reserved for gold pass holders so you get a good seat!

Andrea