Latest guest announcement - DEAN MITCHELL

showmasters

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cherish the rarer ones I guess. Sir Alec Guinness, Sebastian Shaw, Ted Burnett, Alfie Curtis, and George Lucas. But the most cherished one is Mark Hamill, who I went to Miami to meet when he did his play, and we got up a really good rapport over the course of the trip. He signed all my pictures (all Star Wars), and they along with those memories are what I cherish!

:D

"Rare" is the exact word for it... I wish I would have had a chance to meet al these people too. Guess I should be happy that I've met the ones that past away in these last few years...

Thanks for sharing Emperor! :D

You do seem to get around

So I've been told Mr Hunter!

No problems in sharing Mazzic. I love the Star Wars films and have made it a big hobby, like the rest of you guys, to meet as many of the casts as possible. I've been doing this on and off since 1992, and love to get these guys whether they had hours on screen or seconds, so I'm really looking forward to ED a lot.

:lol:

I wrote to Alfie and we wrote back and forth for years and he eventually invited me to his house, and I rang Ted Burnett up on the phone, and he said he would like to meet me, so I went to his home. Sadly he died of a heart attack five days later. What was nice was that he signed some things for me and was so happy as he said he had never signed an autograph in his life. It was good to let him know that there were loads of people out there who appreciated his work. So at least he got to know that before he passed away. He was also pleased that he had an action figure made of him!

I think Alfie has moved or sadly he may have passed on as well. We used to write regularly but my last couple of letters went unanswered.

:uhoh:

Thats really cool - its great when you get a good relationship with actors/actresses - I run the offical Papillon Soo Soo Website, she was in James Bond and the Hooker in Full Metal Jacket (Me So horny).

When she was in the UK we wrote to each other back and forth and she would always send me rare behind the scenes photos she had taken while she was on set and rare signed photos etc - She also sent me a press release of the film The Mission which is signed by tones of celebrities including the Beetles.

• Moderators
I wrote to Alfie and we wrote back and forth for years and he eventually invited me to his house, and I rang Ted Burnett up on the phone, and he said he would like to meet me, so I went to his home. Sadly he died of a heart attack five days later. What was nice was that he signed some things for me and was so happy as he said he had never signed an autograph in his life. It was good to let him know that there were loads of people out there who appreciated his work. So at least he got to know that before he passed away. He was also pleased that he had an action figure made of him!

I think Alfie has moved or sadly he may have passed on as well. We used to write regularly but my last couple of letters went unanswered.

:vader:

925814[/snapback]

That's really cool Emperor (what's your real name btw? I'm Graham).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can confirm that Alfie has indeed passed on. I arranged with him for myself and another collector from the states to visit him at his house when the American guy came over here for a holiday. When he got here we could not raise Alfie on the phone, but we decided to go to the house anyway. There was no answer at the door, and after a while waiting outside we started to ask people who were going in and out of the building if they knew him and if he was on holiday or something. After a few "I don't know" replies someone stopped dead and said "Haven't you heard?". It turns out Alfie had died a week or two earlier. Apparently his wife had been very ill for some time and he had been looking after her. She died eventually and he followed only a month or so later. Seems to often be the way with old couples who have been together a long time that once one goes the other follows shortly after. I wish I'd got to meet him but I guess I was too late.

Its great to hear that you met Ted Burnett. What did he sign for you?

I'd love to chat some more about your meetings with rare star wars people. I enjoy meeting them and hearing about them more than the big names. I've met Hamill, Ford, Lucas etc, but my fondest memories are of guys like Peter Diamond and Bruce Boa. I'd love to chat to you some more in person, how will I be able to recognise you at empire day?

Graham

It just keeps on getting better and better here... 157?! Phew, still got a long way to go!

I must admit, those private get-togethers with a couple of friends and a few SW actors are much more fun than those big conventions...

Next year, Me and Mark and a couple of other "Hoth Hoppers" are going to Norway to meet a couple of Hoth Troopers... really looking forward to that! Guess I'll have to carry my poster around in the snow... :lol:

Just done my count. From all 6 films I've met 157 people so far!

That's a really good amount!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can confirm that Alfie has indeed passed on.

I kind of figured it was something like that - what a shame.

Its great to hear that you met Ted Burnett. What did he sign for you?

He signed 2 A4 Wuher photos, 1 6x4 Wuher photo and 2 index cards. He allowed me to take his photo as well.

I'd love to chat some more about your meetings with rare star wars people.

I would love to chat some more as well. Hopefully we'll find each other at ED or try sending me a message through the boards?

:blink:

Maybe - and this is just an idea - we can share some of our information here on rare Star Wars actors that are still alive and well and able to contact.

I guess no one will share his contact information he has on a specific actor, but I think that isn't really the issue here.

I'd just like to put a spotlight on those who were in our all time favorite trilogy and who have been forgotten over the years.

Let's just stick to the actors' names (no addresses and things like that)

:D

Edited by Mazzic