A little disappointed and a few questions!

ultentrev

surely the crewing helps with the merchandise problem? :(

and yes some costumers are scary, spesh the ones who get offended when you don't know who they are <_< eeek!!!

getting lost is fun too!!!! long as you find the shops or a pub!! <_<

surfy sah xx

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
surely the crewing helps with the merchandise problem? :P

and yes some costumers are scary, spesh the ones who get offended when you don't know who they are :P eeek!!!

getting lost is fun too!!!! long as you find the shops or a pub!! :unsure:

surfy sah xx

908728[/snapback]

Depends how many autographs I want actually :P sometimes I won't want any so merchandise is fine, sometimes I wont want any merchandise, and most of the time I just want a hell of a lot of both ^_^:(

I get mostly scared in London surrounded by Manga people, I don't have a clue about that stuff :P

i know other people have probably already said this but the quality of the guests is personal opinion. I think they are great and am really looking forward to it, esspecially since i won't have to fork out for a hotel to meet the people i want to meet......the only problem i have is how i'm going to afford the autograph money!!^_^

Ho hum may just have to rob a back before february!

Where are the big names?

Seriously?? I think Ian Somerhalder is a huge catch. Im upset I cant go

908960[/snapback]

in terms of LOST and it being a current and widely watched tv show then yes Ian is! but in terms of I-don't-watch-that-show, he's just a random really as he hasn't particularly done much else apart from a few eps of Smallville and CSI/Miami! ;)

but hey I am really looking forward to meeting him :o

surfy sah xx

i know other people have probably already said this but the quality of the guests is personal opinion.  I think they are great and am really looking forward to it, esspecially since i won't have to fork out for a hotel to meet the people i want to meet......the only problem i have is how i'm going to afford the autograph money!!:o

Ho hum may just have to rob a back before february!

909015[/snapback]

I thought you were going to rob one for my birthday present ... oh well better make it 2 banks. If you need any hints or tips just watch The Parole Officer ... that was filmed in Manchester!

JOSH HOLLOWAY!!

Effing gorgeous.

Cute bod, too. Manly.

I personally will joyfully turn out to meet LOTR guests - the more, the merrier. Alas the A+ ones remain tantalisingly out of reach.

Pauline X

ps I agree with Surfy Sah - catching up with convention mates is one of the main reasons for attending. All this - and free talks, too? Wow.

Edited by orlandopassion

• Moderators
Still no Buffy guests :D :lol:  :uhoh:

909675[/snapback]

There must be something else you like surely?

Plus if you live just outside of Manchester, it's not gonna be much effort to come in and have a look around and meet up with a few people is it :)

Still no Buffy guests :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

909675[/snapback]

There must be something else you like surely?

Yes, I love movies. I have requested actors such as Fairuza Balk, Dolph Lundgreon, Evan Rachel Wood, Robin Tunney, Emily Bergyl, Anna Farris ans Heather Donohue to name a few, but there has been no sign of them.

The only guests I have ever requested that ever show are Buffy/Angel guests. So what do I do? :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Unfortunately just wait like the rest of us really. Compared to the actual number of guests we get, the amount of guest request topics on here is pretty insane! :)

Other than that, go and develop your own event and invite all the guests you want ^_^

I actually believe this is one of the best line ups I have ever seen at a showmasters event. (probably THE BEST bar the Hobbit C4!). I think it is an outstanding line up (probably as a HP fan and Lost fan I am quite biased!). I cannot attend as am going on holiday and am absolutely gutted. With me wanting to meet Ian, Robert, Stan, James Callis and Andy, I even considered cancelling my holiday, but decided as it was a kinda once in a life time opportunity that I couldn't really do that!

Ian somerhalder is quite a coup, as I have heard through various fan sites he is not a big signer and does not sign through the post! (whether this is true or not I have no idea, but i have read it several times and as such have not sent Ian the fan mail I have wanted too for a while!

I am really surprised with anyone thta says this is not a wicked line up. I really believe it to be the 2nd best I have ever seen at any convention!

I have to add my comment to this. This will be my 5th event I think, or maybe 6th...anyway... I think this is by far the best lineup for me of all of them. At the last CM I only met 1 guest and the most I've ever met is 3, this time there are about 6 I want to meet and I'm very pleased. I think Andy Serkis and Ian Somerhalder are very big stars. Ian may only have done Lost (apart from small roles elsewhere) but Lost is one of the most popular shows on television at the moment and his part is/was crucial to the plot.

• Showmasters Admin
Still no Buffy guests :D  :uhoh:  :uhoh:

909675[/snapback]

We've brought Buffy and Angel guests to our last THREE Collectormania events and the last TWO London Film and Comic Cons, and we have already announced our first buffy guest for the NEXT Collectormania. I'm sorry, but can you really expect us to bring guests from one particular show to EVERY SINGLE event???

Our guest line-up is shaped to include many different current shows and films as well as a few considered more "classic", that way there will be something for most fans. Of course those who are only fans of one show and don't care about meeting any other actor/actress will be disappointed sometimes, but as many have pointed out if the event doesn't appeal to you this time it's ok not to attend. It may well be that the next Collectormania G-Mex may have Buffy guests attending but perhaps no-one from Harry Potter, or Star Wars, or maybe Lord of the Rings. By rotating in this way we are able to bring a wider range of guests from different shows to the fans, spread throughout the year at our various events.

The old adage really is true I'm afraid, you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!

Andrea

Still no Buffy guests :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

909675[/snapback]

We've brought Buffy and Angel guests to our last THREE Collectormania events and the last TWO London Film and Comic Cons, and we have already announced our first buffy guest for the NEXT Collectormania. I'm sorry, but can you really expect us to bring guests from one particular show to EVERY SINGLE event???

Our guest line-up is shaped to include many different current shows and films as well as a few considered more "classic", that way there will be something for most fans. Of course those who are only fans of one show and don't care about meeting any other actor/actress will be disappointed sometimes, but as many have pointed out if the event doesn't appeal to you this time it's ok not to attend. It may well be that the next Collectormania G-Mex may have Buffy guests attending but perhaps no-one from Harry Potter, or Star Wars, or maybe Lord of the Rings. By rotating in this way we are able to bring a wider range of guests from different shows to the fans, spread throughout the year at our various events.

The old adage really is true I'm afraid, you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!

Andrea

912939[/snapback]

You've pleased me with a certain guest, Andrea so don't worry about it

You've pleased me with guests you've had since I discovered Showmasters at Collectormania 4. annoyed my bank balance, but pleased me!

It's possibly because I enjoy a wide range of show / films but I always either come away with loads of autographs and having met all the guests I wanted to meet or quite a few autos and wishing I could have met more of the guests that attended.

Keep Up the Brilliant work

• Moderators
It's possibly because I enjoy a wide range of show / films but I always either come away with loads of autographs and having met all the guests I wanted to meet or quite a few autos and wishing I could have met more of the guests that attended.

Keep Up the Brilliant work

913126[/snapback]

I think that's definitely what it is :) There are CONVENTIONS that tend to cater for one SPECIFIC show/movie etc, while these signing events run by Showmasters are best for those like yourself who enjoy a wider range of shows and movies.

If someone only wants a guest from one particular thing, then they are always going to be a lot harder to cater for! And as for the example of Buffy here, there have been plenty of conventions over the last few years for that, as well as plenty of guests at Showmasters events.

I think that's definitely what it is :) There are CONVENTIONS that tend to cater for one SPECIFIC show/movie etc, while these signing events run by Showmasters are best for those like yourself who enjoy a wider range of shows and movies.

If someone only wants a guest from one particular thing, then they are always going to be a lot harder to cater for! And as for the example of Buffy here, there have been plenty of conventions over the last few years for that, as well as plenty of guests at Showmasters events.

913128[/snapback]

Because this is a wider ranged show its more likely to be succesful than other shows that were to be held in Manchester that got cancelled. Who's to say that at the next C-Mex that there isn't going to be any Buffy/Angel guests.