Latest Guest Announcement

showmasters

I'll be honest, there is way too much focus on anime at conventions these days.  Surely we should be looking more at pure sci-fi guests? Too much anime and less quality guests is why I decided not to go to a certain convention in London a couple of months back.

905718[/snapback]

erm.... 2 guests? way too much focus?

and when has this event ever pretended to be purely sci-fi?

I wouldn't agree that the addition of 2 anime guests has brought down the quality of the other attending guests. It's 2 MORE, not two INSTEAD OF.

I'll be honest, there is way too much focus on anime at conventions these days.  Surely we should be looking more at pure sci-fi guests? Too much anime and less quality guests is why I decided not to go to a certain convention in London a couple of months back.

905718[/snapback]

I wouldn't agree that the addition of 2 anime guests has brought down the quality of the other attending guests. It's 2 MORE, not two INSTEAD OF.

906349[/snapback]

Easy tiger :blink: - he was talking about "conventions these days" as opposed to any one specifically, and I do agree with him. Personally, anime is crap ! End of ! It is cheap, nasty animation with no soul or passion and just plain boring. But the big three organisers seem to be falling over themselves to draught it into shows :blush:

This is obviously because it brings in the punters, and ultimately strengthens the shows and their lifespan, which is fair enough, if not for me (us). Just don't be keeping me a VQT if I turn up late :huh:

As for the "pure" sci-fi line, that's a bit crap too ! Linda Blair, Carl Weathers, Robert Davi ..... BURT REYNOLDS !? These shows might have been BORNE of sci-fi, yes .... but that's changed.

905718[/snapback]

906349[/snapback]

Agreed! and anyway anime and manga are soring in popularity!