Milton Keynes

I'll Never Tell...

Is Milton Keynes the most innocuous, soul-destroying, lifeless, bland place in England?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is Milton Keynes the most innocuous, soul-destroying, lifeless, bland place in England?

• Yes
    • No

I always look forward to Collectormanias, and quite like the shopping centre location. But every time I get to MK my heart sinks. It really is the most dismall place i have ever been. It's like walking into a huge Weatherspoons pub, atmosphereless and inhabited by inbreds wearing orange Ben Sherman shirts.

If people reading this are from MK, apologies, but really, get out.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with MK!

i could say the same you have said about anywhere i have gone to, just because you are not used to a place and do not know the area its no reasoin to bash it!

INBREADS

how dare you!!!!

i am totally offended and angry with that remark!!!!

i am awaiting an apology!..........

Mo

From MK

(about first comment) Thank you Karistiona for your support!

Edited by Mighty Mo

• Moderators

There's nothing wrong with MK!

Good transport facilities, a huge shopping centre, Xscape is a pretty unique thing to have, good sporting support, lots of entertainment venues and nightlife.

There's pretty much everything there! Yes it's a bit concrete and there's one too many roundabouts but who cares!

Plenty to do, and a lot of nice people live there, so no need to insult them :unsure:

PS, its not as bland as your most recent posts!!

880548[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. Spending three days in MK last week must have killed off any originality, spirit, humour and individuality i once possessed. Quick, i've got to get somewhere with atmosphere, history and roads that dont all look the same before it's too late...

:blink:

PS, its not as bland as your most recent posts!!

880548[/snapback]

Yes, you are right. Spending three days in MK last week must have killed off any originality, spirit, humour and individuality i once possessed. Quick, i've got to get somewhere with atmosphere, history and roads that dont all look the same before it's too late...

:firedevil:

880563[/snapback]

Hey it is concrete jungle! But id rather live in a place that has more then a pub, a church and an old bookshop!

But every time I get to MK my heart sinks. It really is the most dismall place i have ever been. It's like walking into a huge Weatherspoons pub, atmosphereless and inhabited by inbreds wearing orange Ben Sherman shirts.

880508[/snapback]

As dismal urban crapholes go, I think that MK is quite overrated; it's nowhere near as duff as its reputation - I can think of any number of towns in this country that are repugnant festering pustules. Compared to them, the blandness of MK is quite welcome.

I haven't spent much time in Canterbury in the last few years, but it always struck me as a potentially very nice town that had suffered greater indignities at the hands of its (post WWII) town planners than from anything that the Luftwaffe had done.

As for Whitstable, doesn't that make you responsible for Tracey Emin?

As for Whitstable, doesn't that make you responsible for Tracey Emin?

880701[/snapback]

No, because she's from Margate, another craphole. It does, however make me 'responsible' for Peter Cushing.

You've got to admit, a little bit of a rant can be much more exciting than the usual guest suggestions, who did you meet? threads...

Enjoyed comments on Canterbury (very true as well).