Share your C8 experiences

Rockybalboa

I had a decent day today, got to meet everyone I wanted and and had a nice time.

Some points:

* I was surprised to see how fast the Shatner Queue moved. It was obvious he went through 500+ signatures within the first 45 minutes. After an hour, you could have queued up and met him within 15 minutes, if that.

* The way Shatner arrived was handled extremely well, I am sure Jason would have been delighted with the way everyone conducted themselves. Shatner showed up, the massive queue of people stayed back (after being asked to) and gave the man a bit of space to pose for photos and make a few jokes before he started to sign. Very well handled by the crowd and the staff.

* Adam West is an awesome guest, I dont know if he gets cranky at the end of the day etc but he was a nice bloke and very polite. Also, the girl ("JB") who was taking payment for Adam West on Friday afternoon was very nice and friendly, Which added to the experience (I hope you sorted out your phone too "JB" :huh: )

* Nick Stahl was a pleasant bloke, I dont know what was quite so funny about me asking "what was it like working with old Arnie?" but he and the young lady taking the tickets next to him thought it was very funny.

* Robert Englund is a class act, Full stop. The man is so good to his fans its a shame that not everyone can reach the very high standards of fan interaction set by this man.

Overall all guests I met were awesome, very polite and seemed very pleasant. The crew were a lot more professional this time, I am sure others may disagree but unlike other times I cant complain today.

The Stalls had a great range as usual and took too much money off me!

It was a great day for me, I would like to hear what other people have to say about their day!

* Nick Stahl was a pleasant bloke, I dont know what was quite so funny about me asking "what was it like working with old Arnie?" but he and the young lady taking the tickets next to him thought it was very funny.

I would guess that he had already been asked that question a number of times and/or he had a little wager or game with the crewmember as to how many times it would be asked.

Hey RB! i was lookin for u all day dude!

look for me tommorow, ill be wearin a white tshirt with hero of time written on it in black and carrying a ray misterio mask bag!

im glad u had a good day!

i had an awsome day!

and i got my howl's moving castle poster! wooop!

also so many anime toys! i was in heaven, but my wallet was not!

I would guess that he had already been asked that question a number of times and/or he had a little wager or game with the crewmember as to how many times it would be asked.

873764[/snapback]

Funny you should say that, because that's what I thought it was but when I asked him how many people had asked that today he told me that I was actually the first!

I think it must have been the way I said it, plus the "old Arnie" remark!

Hey RB! i was lookin for u all day dude!

look for me tommorow, ill be wearin a white tshirt with hero of time written on it in black and carrying a ray misterio mask bag!

im glad u had a good day!

i had an awsome day!

and i got my howl's moving castle poster! wooop!

also so many anime toys!  i was in heaven, but my wallet was not!

873783[/snapback]

Read the thread in the wrestling section dude, I mentioned you in there!

I might also add that, while waiting for Adam West I noticed some bloke who seemed familar to me. After much deliberating about who it was (nobody I was with believed me!) I worked out that it was a bloke who used to be in pop band A1!

I dont know which one it was, but they were a pretty popular band a few years ago and my theory was confirmed when I saw someone ask to have their photo taken with him.

So, another "celebrity" sighting to go with the annual Shane Ritchie sightings! :lol:

I might also add that, while waiting for Adam West I noticed some bloke who seemed familar to me. After much deliberating about who it was (nobody I was with believed me!) I worked out that it was a bloke who used to be in pop band A1!

I dont know which one it was, but they were a pretty popular band a few years ago and my theory was confirmed when I saw someone ask to have their photo taken with him.

So, another "celebrity" sighting to go with the annual Shane Ritchie sightings!  :lol:

873909[/snapback]

I'm sure I saw the guy from A1 at London Film and Comic Con!

Wiliam Shatner. less said. I thought Erika Eleniak was lovely and sweet, could've been more cordial. I thought Majel Barrett was quiet but nice, Erin Gray was nice and just couldn't get over Gil "Who ate all the pies" Gerald! I was totally amazed that he has changed so much! Tricia Helfer was also nice! Nice is such nice word don't you think!!! :blink: Robert Englund was very amusing and happy to pose even when he came back from a break! Overall all guests were pleasant apart from WS with his faithful whippet JCB.

I had a very good day yesterday.

As said Robert Englund was fantastic.

Thought that a lot of the crew were very helpful and pleasant. The young feamle crew member who was at the end of Mr Englund's crew was lovely- very polite, pleasnt and happpy to chat away.

The Shatner thing was ridiculous as expected. I saw him arrive and sit down just before 2pm and was up to 600 a little before 2:15. I still cant understand what the no photo deal is. Fair enough no posed photos but if you took a photo of him of him from your place in the queue with no flash what was the problem?

We managed to get a couple of shots of him as he was arriving and leaving though.

Even Adam West was better than hes renowned for being. At least he was allowing photos without flash.

The other guests I saw were cool as well-Wayne Pygram, Tricia Helfer, Nick Stahl and Karen Allen were all great.

As probably said as well the photo selections were pretty good except for maybe Nick Stahl's. There could have been some better T3 photos. And also Felix Silla had no photos of his role in Return of the Jedi only a group Ewok shot so that werent good. But only a minor moan on my part as I had a good day all round.

:unsure:

I had a very good day yesterday.

As said Robert Englund was fantastic.

Thought that a lot of the crew were very helpful and pleasant.  The young feamle crew member who was at the end of Mr Englund's crew was lovely- very polite, pleasnt and happpy to chat away.

The Shatner thing was ridiculous as expected.  I saw him arrive and sit down just before 2pm and was up to 600 a little before 2:15.  I still cant understand what the no photo deal is.  Fair enough no posed photos but if you took a photo of him of him from your place in the queue with no flash what was the problem?

We managed to get a couple of shots of him as he was arriving and leaving though.

Even Adam West was better than hes renowned for being.  At least he was allowing photos without flash.

The other guests I saw were cool as well-Wayne Pygram, Tricia Helfer, Nick Stahl and Karen Allen were all great.

As probably said as well the photo selections were pretty good except for maybe Nick Stahl's.  There could have been some better T3 photos.  And also Felix Silla had no photos of his role in Return of the Jedi only a group Ewok shot so that werent good.  But only a minor moan on my part as I had a good day all round.

:unsure:

874093[/snapback]

I would agree with that entirely, Robert Englund was the highlight of the day for me, I have met him before and expect a great time meeting him, but he excels himself everytime. Also, as you said the girl at the end of the queue was very friendly, and telling us stories at the time which were quite funny!

I think Showmasters handled the Shatner problem really well, they have a difficult guest on their hands, everyone knew what the man was like - Showmasters have actually managed to attract someone who the vast majority of fans wanted to see at an event, all the Shatner has done is tarnished his legacy and showed the people who weren't in the know what kind of person he is.

Hey Gary thats me. :D Have you recovered from the nightmare drive home yesterday :P

Yeah Ive seen all the flak and it seems that a lot of the problem lies with the women with him the agent or whatever.

Did you see that photo that you managed to get in? Ray e mailed it to me. :D

my thoughts:-

robert englund - fantastic. the man is a legend. if you're in two minds about meeting him, do it. you won't regret it. (excellent posed picks on fri. - open q all day; no posed picks on sat - he'd been moved to the main area).

andy hallet - very friendly. posed pics, chatted to everone. (said he is working on releasing a cd).

nic brendon - (suprise appearance on fri. aftetrnoon). much better this time, although personally i never had a problem last time.

nick stahl - friendly enough, i found him a bit distant.

adam west - seemed happy enough to me. talkative, posed pics. (sat. personalizing only).

karen allen - very nice. (was quite funny watching her knitting when she had an open q on fri.).

summer glau - gorgeous. (what more can i say).

paul norrell - always a pleasure to meet.

william shatner - the one downpoint. very rushed, didnt speak or look at me. was amazed he had an open q by lunchtime fri and sat. and still people were rushed thru' with same result. what i expected tho'.

I went today with my sister and we had a blast what a great day got to see nick stahl which was great chatted to him about his weekend and how he was enjoying being here lovley man and very sexy as well got a pic with him but it is not a nice one dont like piccys very much.

Robert england what a guy second time i have met him and at least this time i didnt stand there gawping like a idiot :D.

Got some piccys of the other stars that were there and went up and seen adam and common rotaition adam is great had a laugh my sister moaned at him for not putting her name on her picture last year couldent belive it wanted to kill her :unsure::D got him to sign my ruby gloom bag.

Went and did alot of shopping spent ay to much money,money may i add that i didnt have :lol:

And then who do i bump into as im about to leave our very own hero of time it was great to meet u by the way.

All in all a great day had a better time then last year and the crew were great this time round also they were chatty and helpful so all in all a top day thanks SM. :D

hehe! it was awsome to meet u to Vampess! :)

i was very pleased to meet u! and finaly meet another wrestlin forum person!

apart from davidb! who ive met loads! lol

will upload the pics tommorow sometime :)

thanks for the hugs! and i hope u had a nice day!

Si

I got what i expected for my shats money, a signed pic, a smile and that was that (all over in 5 seconds!!). He certainly wasn't rude or grumpy (although as other have pointed out, the lady aid working with him most certainly WAS... no need for her OTT behaviour, what a jobsworth). But as others have said, it's not a convention, it's a signing, sure we'd all like to have stopped and chatted a while but it was never gonna happen. He was bound to be the most popular guest, and he was banging through em as fast as he could. Had he stopped, chatted, posed etc (like some of the less busy guests have the luxury of doing) no doubt the board would be full of dissapointed fans moaning they didn't get to see him?!? ya can't win!

The price was enough, but not worth moaning about, if you think it's too much, easy... don't buy!! What makes me laugh is nobody bats an eyelid when they see shats auto for sale on a stall for £40 (and you have to hope its genuine)!! You can get it from the man himself for £25 & people object!!

I certainly wouldn't want the CM people to stop getting BIG stars, where else would you get the chance to pick em up in the flesh?

Adam West was great (although was moaning the whole time to some poor aid that the sun was too bright), and Catherine Bach was an absolute sweetie.

Roll on CM9!

Hi, long post coming....

We (hubby and myself) went on Friday (and are back tomorrow), sorry I haven't posted my summary before but we came off nights and have had a couple of long days (6 hours sleep in 48 hrs, 11 hours in 72! Not good for sensible conversation!!)

We arrived at 03:30 hrs having expected a huge queue for The Shatner only to find that we were first (by 50 mins). Fortunately we were undercover as shortly after we arrived the heavens opened and we would have been soaked! :unsure:

We were allowed in at just gone 8am, that went surprisingly well considering it was before the crew were ready for us!! While we were sat waiting for our VT's a Showmaster (Jason?) came over, he wanted to see the people who had arrived at 3:30am! Although the chat got hijacked by someone who had arrived 2 hours after us I felt it was a friendily gesture, and appreciated, hence the mention. :D

So at 9am we got our VT's for The Shatner (16 and 17, no 1-15?) and off to get the others, again a technical hitch at the Majel VT queue but the same Showmaster soon sorted it out and we were off!!

In order we met...

Karen Allen, what a lovely person. We are always too shy to say a lot to the first guest (takes us a guest to get into the swing of things), but she's seemed a really happy person. Worth meeting.

Majel Barrett, again very friendily, sad to see no shots of her and Marina. I even looked around the dealers just in case. I'm glad she took time to come across to the UK, and glad I took time to see her!

Tricia Helfer, the only person I got a photo with (and hubby). I'm not one for being photo'd but that's how at ease she made you feel. Hubby loved the male variation of the female "6" (a loveheart :D ).

Gil Gerard was next, a nice shake of the hand and a little chat, then when I wished him a good weekend he took me hand for another shake and really thanked me, lovely!

Wayne Pygram, having met Wayne a few times before I knew what a top guy he was, met him again for Tarkin. Having not got my duel Troi shot I spent some of my spare budget on his CD. Good decision on my part!

Robert Davi, last time he was at MK I couldn't afford to get him so rectified that. Another very friendily guest.

Felix Silla and Tim O'Connor we did together, Felix seemed very chirpy and by comparison Tim was quiet. By then we were getting tired so we probably weren't helping :D

Nick Stahl, I cannot speak coherently to good looking males at the best of times so he had to make do with chatting to hubby!!

Had a break whilest waiting for our next guest to arrive, it was now 11 am and brekkie time. First non sugar based food in 12 hours.

Catherine Bach, with the rest of my spare budget I got a 2nd (for my dad, Xmas), she signed mine then enquired who "Mick" was, when I explained he was my dad she asked if she could add a message of her choice, I let her, he'll love it! What a great sport she really is. :D

We then took a walk before the Shatner.

Now I have to say the experience was exactly was I had expected (even with that long wait). We were close to the front, both of us had 4 items (yes that's £200), some were gifts. During my 4 items he looked up and gave me a nice smile, and when hubby spoke to him he spoke back. JCB was as gracious and charming as ever, she never fails to make an impact :lol:

What can I say? The worst part of my day was when our Showmaster chat got taken over by someone else, makes it a pretty good day I think. First time an organiser has EVER taken time to talk to us as an early arriver. Makes a good, lasting impression...thanks for that!

Told you it would be long...

I commented on guests elsewhere, some do it well, some not so well... what I do want to say clearly somewhere though is that the collectormania crew were excellent - and despite taking some pain from some of the guests', er, staff, we thought it was run very well. At least one orange t-shirt went seriously out of her way to help us, and others were friendly. No obvious hiccups with virtual queues or anything, either.

Good convention.

:headscratch:

Well I had a great time at this event it was great thank you sm for making it happen!!!

To me it seemed to be one of the quitest Saturdays of a collectormania show yet which was a bit odd!!

William Shatner - dissapointed as didnt even get to say thank oyu or hello or anything

Nick Stahl- very nice bloke friendly and chatty

Karen Allen - very nice indeed

The Buck Rogers cast - all vdery pleasant - good choice sm they were great

buffy and Angle cast- again they were terrific thank you sm once again for bringing them before me so i could meet them

A suprise to see Paul Freeman there but as friendly as ever

Michael Carter - very friendly and chatty bloke

Sanda Taylor - very nice and talkative

Cathrine Bach - again very nice and let photos which was really cool

Wayne Pygram - in a bit of a rush i thought but what a great bloke he was

Leslie Grantham - very pleasant and friendly

Paul Norell - always a pleasure to meet such a great guy

Jean Marsh - such a cool guest to meet she was great!!

Erika Eleniak - very nice and chatted alot too

Marina Sirtis - great to finally meet her, what a great lady, she was fab!!

Well thats my list complete, everyone was great a truely brilliant day

Thank You sm

Tom

I had a lovely C8 experience

Got up at 5am, left mine at 6am, got to MK center at 8:30am, grabbed tickets.

Met.

Nick Stahl-Great guy, I didnt know what to say so it was brief, but we got a cool photo with him and stuff

Nick Brendon-Much better than last time!! Must be his new sitcom taking off in the US which is making him happy:)

Adam busch-Not quite so much of a happy guy as last time, but we did photos, chatted a little, he was cool:)

Kelly Donovan-Friendly, lovely guy! I got to admit, we got our photo with him because it was no posed pics with Nick....my friend was hoping to fool people into thinking Kelly was Nick:s

Leslie Gratham-Funny, my mates an eastenders fan so we went up! He was our first guest of the day, very friendly:)

Paul Norell-Fantastic guy, spoke to us for ages, did a lovely photo with us and declared us "non conformist essex girls" coz we had no white stilletos...

Karen Allen-Was cool, she was knitting, lol,

I really wanted to meet Summer Glau and Andy Hallett but I ran out of money and I couldn't really hang around to wait for the oppertunity to slip through without paying for an auto so i didn't get a proper meet, but I'm sure there will be other oppertunities :headscratch:

We had great fun taking photos of Shatner through the glass and pulling faces at him:rolleyes:

Went to Lets Eat for lunch and unfortunately they dont sell mountain Dew anymore:(

had a nice day, saw cool people, was good:)

KIWI :blink:

i had a good day. i couldn't really afford to meet Shatner so i now owe my friend a bit of money :rolleyes: i didn't expect to be rushed through so quickly but i didn't mind really. i asked him "can i shake your hand Mr. Shatner?" and he replied with "ooh!" and then backed away. i was very confused but it was actually pretty funny.

the only other person i really wanted to meet was Robert Davi. he was very relaxed and seemed really friendly. i had a little chat with him about The Goonies and got a nice posed picture. also i had a lovely chat with a Goonies loving lady in Davi's queue.

my friend wanted to meet Robert Englund but the ticket numbers were rising so slowly that we left before it got to my friend's ticket number.

overall it was a cool day and i'll be coming back next time.

I had a really good day meeting the guests on Saturday.

Wayne Pygram had quite a queue going when I got there, but was nice enough and posed for a photo no problem.

I got more from William Shatner than I was expecting. He looked up and spoke to me and my friend, which judging from some posts I have read was more than many people got.

Sandra Taylor was a babe. She was really nice and friendly. The guy with her was a pain in the ass, but Sandra herself was competely charming and I would go to see again if she came back.

Robert Englund was a total star. I got him to sign my Freddy Pooger figure and he liked it so much he got his wife to go and buy him one!

Finally, Nick Stahl seemed like a very nice guy. I really didnt have much to say to him, but he chatted for a bit with my friends who were also in the queue with me, and he didnt mind to much when I accidently took a movie clip instead of a photo!