Two Classic Guests for CM8

Liessa

Not to seem rude, but why call him "The Shatner"? It seems rather... I don't know. If I was him, I certainly wouldn't want to be called that... Sorry, I don't mean any offence, it just seems like a mean name, that's all. Why not just say William or Mr Shatner or William Shatner or WS or Captain Kirk?.. They all sound so much nicer... I'm sure you wouldn't call him "The Shatner" in his presence, now, would you?.. Again, sorry. No offence intended, of course.

I have met both of them before, and The Shatner does tend to suit him, he's put on a fair few pounds since the days of Kirk and all the sand pit fights !

When I met him, I had heard all the stories and expected the worse, and he was probably slightly better than that.

The trouble is that people will be disappointed whatever, because he will have so many people in his queue, even if he wanted to, he wouldn't really be able to stop and chat.

And I think you get the best out of him when he does a talk, rather than when he is signing, so you will miss that element.

Still, it's Captain Kirk isn't it, well that's what I kept telling myself and had an official photo op with him as well and he looked at the camera and smiled , so couldn't really ask for much more !

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got half a sentence before he got confused about what he wanted to say... LOL!

Majel is a lovely person, I feel honoured to have met her. She was really kind, and though I didn't really know what to say to her, she was just sweet!