your hobbies

gaztx

well im sitting here in pain once again (not a hangover for a cahnge)

well as some know i do lil mountain biking i.e. going downstairs backwards, 360* jumps, cross country. well 3 weeks ago i fractured my ankle still wering a mouldy sock thing when hurts, sprained wrist and today i bent my neck. ok strange but i did jump landed sideways and kinda landed on my neck and now its bent and cant laught or swallow big things or look right in ne how.

do you think i should reconsider biking as me mother doesnt want me dead on her bday tomo.

what imjuries have u enjured from ya hobby? model painting can be dangerious.

:D;);):DB)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none of my hobbies have caused me injurys...going to school on the other hand did ...year 6 primary school ..in p.e i managed to slip off one of those frames...where there is just a bar and fractured my wrist...didnt cry tho..(got a certificate to prove it :D)

and a geography trip to eltham station (to do with cars or summit) resulted in me getting a sprained ankle...

do you think i should reconsider biking as me mother doesnt want me dead on her bday tomo.

what imjuries have u enjured from ya hobby? model painting can be dangerious.

860979[/snapback]

i think you should not do biking coz next time it mabe somewhere else...(like neck or spine or something allong those lines)

oh and painting models isnt as dangerous as glueing your fingers together (which i have done but somehow managed to get out of it withought harming meself (dont ask me how)

I really like golf.

:P

I have not scored a hole in one, but I have hit a guy... and that's way more satisfying.

^_^

861032[/snapback]

heheh....my step-dad has injurys just from everyday life...ect :

nearly walking into a post, car boot on his head....ect...my mum laughts....

and shes managed to wack me with the car door an all!!

nearly walking into a post

861035[/snapback]

...how the hell do you get injured from 'nearly' walking into a post?

Unless you mean 'nearly walking into a postMAN'?

postman.jpg

show jumping - the injury possibilities are amazing!!!

I was in a lesson inside and jumped a beautiful line and lost my balance afterwards (doh) and since I knew the horse was going to turn at any minute I decided to just let go as it would be less of a problem - BIG mistake!!!!!! basically the horse turned and I let go and the momentum sent me head first into the brick wall and knocked me out cold. Apparently the horse tried to avoid me but still managed to sort of step/hit my right breast and upper arm as he jumped over me.

Anyway 2 days in hospital and a lot of woozyness and then 2 years of a on/off buggered knee before they found the problem and operated and then about 2 years before it was perfect again.

Oh and yeah - I got back on the same horse as soon as I was allowed!!!!

On a cute note I went straight to the stables on my way back from the hospital to give the instructor the regulation bottle of wine for a fall and went to see the horse (Enzo) and I swear he looked ashamed so I spent some time with him and he was all gentle and loving like he thought he had done something wrong rather than me just being a spack.....very strange but sooooooooo sweet!

Riding Also!

Was taking some customers out on a hack on a very stupid, very fast horse, despite riding him on the bit he was uber fast and unfortunatly I only saw the branch in time to close my eye, and I got whipped and it cut across my eye and down my face, which smarted slightly and gave me a bit of a black eye.

Have been bucked off last week which resulted in my coming down onto one leg which hurt, especially in gallop.

But apart from that, all good.

I do everything. Horse riding, acting, singing, dancing, ice-skating, cycling, walking, and lets put it this way you get injured in all of them.

Horse riding:

my horse stood on my foot and my toe nail came off

my horse has bucked me off and managed to get me on my head everytime

been kicked in the chest by my shetland

Acting:

fell off the stage when I was 9 and ended up with huge bruises on my legs

Singing:

reall really hurt my throat

Dancing:

dreaded dance machine, doing freestyle, slipped and twisted my ankle

Iceskating:

Lots of cuts and bruises from that including breaking my wrist

Cycling and Walking the usual injuries

And on my motorbike which is a hobby I have dislocated 4 fingers, given myself 8" bruises and nearly broken my ankle.

I was Ice Skating once, and it was time for the weekly game of Bulldog you all know the playground game right, well yeah they do this on ice too! Well I was skating and this one guy just really wanted to catch me so he skated as hard and fast as he could so i stopped cos I had no chance I was cornerd (sp?), but he decided he didnt want to stop :D So SMACK he goes straight into me I fall on the ice and I hear a CRACK, yup that was my arm which was well broken!

I was sitting on the ice cradling it, and one of the dumbass stewards was like, get a wheelchair, I was like I havent broken my bloddy legs, just help me up cos my butt is getting cold!

Anyway trip to the hospital Xrays etc, yeah I broke my arm, but.....not only was the crack downwards instead of across like normal, the next week I go back to hospital, the other Doctor says that the bone I broke has also come away from the wrist and the dumb doctor before that didnt see! So he then proceeds to tell me I will need an operation to put it back in place and that pins might have to be used! Great im thinking, so I as when will I need to come back for that, he said oh no we are getting you a bed now and doing the operation that afternoon cos the longer its left the more likely it is to be a serious problem that could last all my life! Well they get me a bed and they come with forms with me to sign to say my family wont sue if I die whilst under aneasthic etc, and the nurse and trolly man finally come to take me away! I had to get changed into one of those robey things and I wasnt allowed to wear my boxers on underneath so my butt was availble for the whole hospital whilst getting on the trolly!

Sorry this story is so long, but I have nowt better to do!

*carries on*

So they take me to the "operating theatre" and the putty to sleep man says this is morphine blah blah, and now your going to sleep please do your abc, I dont think I even reached B!

So I wake up and there is the putty to sleep man, the nurse and a doctor round my bed! Im thinking whilst still half asleep, hang on why is the doc here, last time I was put to sleep it was just the putty to sleep man, and the nurse going wake up boy!! So anyway the doctor says I had a major allergic reaction to the morphine, and that if I had a higher dose there could have been real complications, and my whole right side of my body was bright red and had lots of wet J cloths on me to cool it down or whatever, I was still drunk from being asleep so didnt take too much notice! But the doctor says "its ok tho you didnt need pins we managed to manipulate it and thats why your arm is cast in a funny timmy way!

Not only did I almost die, but I was also put in a ward where there were loads of old smelly men, who did nothing but moan all night, one man said at about 3am to a nurse, "your not putting that up there" Yes he was having a pee bag put in!! Nice, so he was shouting all night. I go home the next day and get told to come back in 4 weeks for a new xray and then another 4 weeks to be taken off! Yippee!

So I go back to have it taken off and because it was in such a silly position it was like an an L shape, i couldnt move it, so I had to have physio on it for 2 months! That was fun!

So the moral of this story! Kill the guy who skated into me! no actually it was funny, he worked at the rink and so did my Mum at the time, and he knew I went into hospital and my Mum told him that I had to have robotics fitted in my hand cos it got so smashed up, he still believes it to this day and this happened a few years ago now!

I didnt let a broken arm get in the way of my life tho, I still went skating and played bulldog with a cast on, went bowling and still kicked peoples butts, even with a timmy arm!

Well thats the end of this stupidly long story, and I hope you all enjoyed it!!!

Davey ^_^

Edited by Davey

Ouch some of you have had nasty injurys!

Luckily for me most of my hobbies are not at all dangerous! The one I am most likely to injure myself from is pole dancing. I get a lot of bruses from that and I have strained my arm quite badly so I couldn't lift anything with it or even lie on it for a week but appart from that I've been ok so far!

I really like golf.

^_^

I have not scored a hole in one, but I have hit a guy... and that's way more satisfying.

:blush:

When playing squash I hit the ball, it came off the wall so fast and hard hit the other person on the middle of their forehead (an accident, honest)

Paintballing

Been hit in an area which REALLY hurts, well shall we say that area being hit doesn't only hurt guys. :wub:

Been hit in the throat as well. Other than that come out with bruises.

Hockey

Mainly bruises, although did cause alot of other bruises to other people :D

Rabbit Care

Been bitten and scratched. Note to people who are thinking of getting rabbits, work on reflexes beforehand to get your hand out of the cage quick.

I've sprained my ankle about 6 times but can't remember on what now lol

Edited by Moony

nearly walking into a post

861035[/snapback]

...how the hell do you get injured from 'nearly' walking into a post?

Unless you mean 'nearly walking into a postMAN'?

postman.jpg

861043[/snapback]

erm, no he realised he was going into a post and managed to stop himself in time..my dad on the other hand did manage to walk into a lamp post.

I whiplashed my neck when I went to my first College Ball, because I am a Champion Head-Butter, and I'd never really been to a Party before, so I went a liiiittle bit overboard - lolz. Whoops. Hehe.

861161[/snapback]

yep, i can be witness to that ....im not one for being out on the dance floor so i was kinda watching everyone else having a good time.

I really like golf.

:rolleyes:

^_^

861032[/snapback]

have u seen 50 first dates, your ball can bounce off tree hit u in head and ya dream of fit lady lucy and ur nipples.

My and my friends used to do "jackass" stuff at a play park which is just up the road from where I live. We found a trolley and if you have seen jackass or the cky films, then you will have seen people get in the trolley and being pushed very fast into and off things. That's what we did it was fun. My back had a big bruise running down my spine and the rest of my back was scratched and was bleeding in some parts. My arms also got cut up by those bloody woodchips in the playpark which I got thrown into. I also play football but haven't broken or sprained anything, just got some bad cuts and scars.

My and my friends used to do "jackass" stuff at a play park which is just up the road from where I live. We found a trolley and if you have seen jackass or the cky films, then you will have seen people get in the trolley and being pushed very fast into and off things. That's what we did it was fun. My back had a big bruise running down my spine and the rest of my back was scratched and was bleeding in some parts. My arms also got cut up by those bloody woodchips in the playpark which I got thrown into. I also play football but haven't broken or sprained anything, just got some bad cuts and scars.

861211[/snapback]

ooo I did something like that, but it involved a skateboard and a very large bush, which I managed to clear but was about 6 inchs from a spike sticking out the ground :rolleyes:

where the hell do i start lol

Horse riding -

Mostly jumping accidents but usually only will get bruises and scrapes. worst jumping accidents were:

1) Cross country trials - Water jump, Strider (my 17.2hh dutch warmblood) caught the top fell straight for the water, i came off landed in the water and he roleld on top of me as he landed in the water. was fine though. got back on and continued.

2) Showjumping - Brick wall jump, Strider stumbled as we approached still tride to jump it but fell into it instead and i ended up with a nasty scrape on my face.

general riding accidents:

Recently was out on road and car collided into me and Strider - This resulted in Dislocated shoulder, knee and ankle and few days in hospital.

Was riding shire horse called belle. she bucked and i landed squarely in a hole. damaged my coxsis (sp?)

Cantering along bridleway on Lexus my Exmoor pony(12.3hh), he decided he wanted to stop and i went straight over his head. FUN! lol

Ive been kicked, stepped on and bit many many times.

Oh, bout year ago was out on a friends horse when he got spooked reared up and started galloping down the bridleway i get smacked by a low branch and came off but my foot got stuck in the stirrup. theres no pain like being dragged by a galloping horse. I ended up with scratches all down my back had to have 12 stitches and was covered in brusing.

Stunt riding -

was trying to do a running mount. managed to get on him but slid off the other side.

whilst falling, i missed the mat completely and landed past it.

Skydiving -

on one of my jumps i landed badly and dislocated both my ankles.

Stage/Acting/Technical/Theatre-

Have had couple of electric shocks, only minor from technical. blisters from burning hands on the lights.

Fallen down stairs a couple of times.

Fell 10ft off the set. that was fun. only got a bruise on my leg and arm.

Set wasnt secure and it moved making me fall backwards. have had set fall on me as well.

Few cuts and bruises from stage combat.

Hobbies from when i was little -

Tennis: got hit by the ball alot.

Golf: hit by a golfball and a golfclub (one after the other)

Ice Hockey: just the general injuries you would expect

Amazingly enough all the accidents i have had i have never ever broken a bone, though i am often a walking bruise.

Thats some of them anyway. but you get the general idea. lol

Edited by TheSanelyInsaneCoffeGirl

several years ago i was an extra in a low bud film

I was helping out supplying costumes mainly but they needed people for a big fight scene and as I have previous experience with stage swordfighting etc I thought i'd join in

It was a late night battle and we were fighting on a steep incline leading up to a cliff

My opponent was using a 6 foot long polearm and he was in position higher up the slope. I only had a broadsword so he had the advantage...

I got too close and as it was night he underestimated how close I was and ended up swinging his polearm catching my nose in the process.

Luckily 1 ) only the tip of the blade caught me...

and!

2 ) also it was a rubber stunt prop and not a metal one.... otherwise it could have taken me nose right off

where the hell do i start lol

Horse riding -

Mostly jumping accidents but usually only will get bruises and scrapes. worst jumping accidents were:

1) Cross country trials - Water jump, Strider (my 17.2hh dutch warmblood) caught the top fell straight for the water, i came off landed in the water and he roleld on top of me as he landed in the water. was fine though. got back on and continued.

2) Showjumping - Brick wall jump, Strider stumbled as we approached still tride to jump it but fell into it instead and i ended up with a nasty scrape on my face.

general riding accidents:

Recently was out on road and car collided into me and Strider - This resulted in Dislocated shoulder, knee and ankle and few days in hospital.

Was riding shire horse called belle. she bucked and i landed squarely in a hole. damaged my coxsis (sp?)

Cantering along bridleway on Lexus my Exmoor pony(12.3hh), he decided he wanted to stop and i went straight over his head. FUN! lol

Ive been kicked, stepped on and bit many many times.

Oh, bout year ago was out on a friends horse when he got spooked reared up and started galloping down the bridleway i get smacked by a low branch and came off but my foot got stuck in the stirrup. theres no pain like being dragged by a galloping horse. I ended up with scratches all down my back had to have 12 stitches and was covered in brusing.

Stunt riding -

was trying to do a running mount. managed to get on him but slid off the other side.

whilst falling, i missed the mat completely and landed past it.

Skydiving -

on one of my jumps i landed badly and dislocated both my ankles.

Stage/Acting/Technical/Theatre-

Have had couple of electric shocks, only minor from technical. blisters from burning hands on the lights.

Fallen down stairs a couple of times.

Fell 10ft off the set. that was fun. only got a bruise on my leg and arm.

Set wasnt secure and it moved making me fall backwards. have had set fall on me as well.

Few cuts and bruises from stage combat.

Hobbies from when i was little -

Tennis: got hit by the ball alot.

Golf: hit by a golfball and a golfclub (one after the other)

Ice Hockey: just the general injuries you would expect

Amazingly enough all the accidents i have had i have never ever broken a bone, though i am often a walking bruise.

Thats some of them anyway. but you get the general idea. lol

861220[/snapback]

ouch! that has got to be PAINFULL!

*winces a bit*