Self bumping threads.....

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

Has anyone else noticed that since we've had the new forum that some threads have been bumping themselves?

No I'm not going mad. Honest :blush:

It's happened at least 10 times now that I know of. No new posts will be added but the thread will suddenly be at the top of the page with a little box (the you haven't read a new post in this thread box). The date and time the thread was last updated will have changed on the end of the thread. But when I click on the thread, there's no new post.

Odd :blush:

• Showmasters Admin

If you look now you will see that in the C8 section here. That Dufresne's "Which of the recent announcement" poll, says at the end that it was last updated by Duf at 5:07pm, but if you go into the thread he last posted at 4:32pm :blush:

If you look now you will see that in the C8 section here. That Dufresne's "Which of the recent announcement" poll, says at the end that it was last updated by Duf at 5:07pm, but if you go into the thread he last posted at 4:32pm  :lol:

849276[/snapback]

Oh sure, blame me !! :lol: . Seriously though, what you said above tallies with what I did. I blame Admiral Bear - he's behind most of the wierd stuff !

• Showmasters Admin
I was just looking into that - maybe this board bumps with a vote or a post, and they old one bumped with a post only ? :headscratch:

849352[/snapback]

It looks like that to me. All threads I noticed being bumped were polls.

849385[/snapback]

That must be it :unsure:

And google.com is a member?

849371[/snapback]

If a google was a creature I wonder what it would look like? :D

Sorry went off track there. :lol:

849375[/snapback]

I believe a google would look like one of those fluffy pompom bugs with the weird rolling eyes that people stick on their car dashboards.

850158[/snapback]

google.com is probably a google spider that tracks what is in the forum to be added to search engines.

850994[/snapback]

So would a google.com eat a google cos if thats the case I think we need to start a protection society for googles as they look like they might be endangered.