ELIJAH WOOD in London next Wednesday

keith

First up, apologies for posting this here, but I felt that ELIJAH WOOD has lots of fans on this forum and that the C8 category is at the moment the most visited.

Anyway, As any Elijah fan will know he has a new movie out soon, GREEN STREET. It has a Premiere next Tuesday at the Edinburgh Film Festival.

BUT for any of you fans based in the south, there is to be a Celebrity screening on Wednesday evening (sorry, dont know the time yet) at the Apollo cinema, Regent Street, London where the Director, Lexi Alexander and Elijah himself are to attend.

Thought I'd let you all know as I've literally only just found out myself.

AND For BILLY BOYD Fans - he will be a the Premiere for his new film - ON A CLEAR DAY - On Wednesday August 31st at the Screen on the Hill, London

KEITH

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First up, apologies for posting this here, but I felt that ELIJAH WOOD has lots of fans on this forum and that the C8 category is at the moment the most visited.

Anyway, As any Elijah fan will know he has a new movie out soon, GREEN STREET. It has a Premiere next Tuesday at the Edinburgh Film Festival.

BUT for any of you fans based in the south, there is to be a Celebrity screening on Wednesday evening (sorry, dont know the time yet) at the Apollo cinema, Regent Street, London where the Director, Lexi Alexander and Elijah himself are to attend.

Thought I'd let you all know as I've literally only just found out myself.

AND For BILLY BOYD Fans - he will be a the Premiere for his new film - ON A CLEAR DAY - On Wednesday August 31st at the Screen on the Hill, London

KEITH

845453[/snapback]

Where did you find this out?

Thinking of going down, checking it out, but not knowing the time is a pain...

It is not an actual premiere it is a screening, so beware it may be really really crazy. There was a penelope cruz one like this several weeks ago (I did not go but some of my friends did) and everyone just ran at her and they rushed her in and out so quickly, so hardly no one got to meet her. Hopefully there will be barriers set up, but this is a very tiny tiny cinema.

We are so gutted about this - as we are flying to edinburgh to meet him, and if we had known he was coming to London, we would have saved our money and just gone to London!:unsure:

But hey ho!

It is not an actual premiere it is a screening, so beware it may be really really crazy.  There was a penelope cruz one like this several weeks ago (I did not go but some of my friends did) and everyone just ran at her and they rushed her in and out so quickly, so hardly no one got to meet her.  Hopefully there will be barriers set up, but this is a very tiny tiny cinema.

We are so gutted about this - as we are flying to edinburgh to meet him, and if we had known he was coming to London, we would have saved our money and just gone to London!:unsure:

But hey ho!

845769[/snapback]

Hi Poppy!

I had another email from our mutual friend and she said this with regards to the barriers thing:

You'll have an Elijah double-whammy!!

Have got all the barriers in place - don't you worry!!

So, thats ok then! :o

Edited by bonogirl81

It is not an actual premiere it is a screening, so beware it may be really really crazy. 

845769[/snapback]

Yes, that is EXACTLY was I said in my original post!

The cinema might be tiny, but the important factor as far as setting up barriersis pavement frontage. I have no idea about that, but I'm certain - as a later poswter indicated - with someone like Elijah being there, security will ensure barriers are in place - even if only on one side.

Cant confirm a time for the screening yet, but it will be evening sometime I'm sure.

KEITH

:o  no way! i was gona try and get up to the festival sometime. might pop up on tues even though im not keen on the bloke :o

846291[/snapback]

Come to LONDON :lol:

846292[/snapback]

no way :huh: costs me 20 quid to get to edinbruff and back as a day trip.

:P  no way! i was gona try and get up to the festival sometime. might pop up on tues even though im not keen on the bloke :lol:

846291[/snapback]

Come to LONDON :angry:

846292[/snapback]

no way :o costs me 20 quid to get to edinbruff and back as a day trip.

846294[/snapback]

Fine :lol:

ohhhh may have to take a trip to london, im still technically on holiday recovering from v festival on weds and its pay day.

846287[/snapback]

details for edinburgh

August 23: Edinburgh Film Festival/gala screening/Green Street.

Elijah Wood, Charlie Hunnam, Leo Gregory, Marc Warren, Lexi Alexander, cast and director, attend gala screening for football hooliganism drama, UGC Fountain Park, Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, 7.30pm.

AND ALSO IF ANYONE IS UP THERE - SAME DAY

JOSS WHEDON.....

August 23: Edinburgh Film Festival/talk/Joss Whedon,

Buffy creator discusses his career and feature film debut Serenity which premieres at festival, Cineworld, Fountain Park, Dundee Street, 5pm

Keith

I know thats what you said, I was just adding some extra info as I HAVE been to these screening things.

I went to the drew barrymore one a couple of weeks ago, and they did not have much organisation. They put the barriers up at about 5pm, when a huge crowd had gathered.

They also let people run across the road, so drew went over the road and was signing for people that was running at her. The people behind the barriers then ran out from the barriers (except for me and about ten others) and ran at her, she stood signing for them.

There was also a penelope cruz one about a month ago - where they had no BARRIERS AT ALL! and everyone just ran at penelope cruz, and she got rushed in and out so quickly so hardly nobody got to meet her.

It was just a little warning, no patronisation intended.

Bono Girl

I know, our mutual friend is amazing............we owe her! Bring on next week. :D