ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

Too Tall

Ok, I am a bit confused. The FAQ says 5 autographs each, and the place that

mentions the prices says one autograph - or does this seemingly different

info mean that I can pay for 5 autographs at once and collect them together?

Please help me understand! TIA! :lol:

919699[/snapback]

The price is per autograph however you can purchase 5 autographs at any one time ... if that makes sense. :D

919702[/snapback]

Yes, it makes perfect sense! Thanks so much!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen this in an FAQ, and I hope it is not a stupid question -

but can you pay for autographs with a credit card or traveler's check?

Or, is only cash accepted? TIA!

919716[/snapback]

From my experience I would say that only cash is accepted. You will need to go into a bank to get a travellers cheque exchanged. Most banks will be open on Monday-Friday 10am-4.30pm and Saturday morning and can be found on Moseley Street/Road (can't remember which). Opening times can vary from bank to bank so I would recommend that you look up their opening times on the their websites.

Banks that I can think of immediately in the area are Barclays Bank and Royal Bank of Scotland but there are others such as HSBC, Natwest, Halifax, Lloyds TSB details for which you should be able to find on www.Google.co.uk or on www.yell.co.uk.

Sorry I have not been more specific but I'm at work :lol:

919716[/snapback]

From my experience I would say that only cash is accepted. You will need to go into a bank to get a travellers cheque exchanged. Most banks will be open on Monday-Friday 10am-4.30pm and Saturday morning and can be found on Moseley Street/Road (can't remember which). Opening times can vary from bank to bank so I would recommend that you look up their opening times on the their websites.

Banks that I can think of immediately in the area are Barclays Bank and Royal Bank of Scotland but there are others such as HSBC, Natwest, Halifax, Lloyds TSB details for which you should be able to find on www.Google.co.uk or on www.yell.co.uk.

Sorry I have not been more specific but I'm at work :lol:

919719[/snapback]

Hee hee - don't apologize - I'm at work too. LOL....

And, really, your answer is quite comprehensive, and a really big help to me.

Can you tell this is my first Collectormania event? ROTFLOL....

Thank you very, very much!

919719[/snapback]

919720[/snapback]

This is my first ever Collectormania event too!

I know exactly how you feel, I've done no work all day, I've just been finding out train times and booking things!

Ferral Moggy's a big help!

• Showmasters Admin

919716[/snapback]

From my experience I would say that only cash is accepted.

919719[/snapback]

Yes it is cash only.

919719[/snapback]

919720[/snapback]

This is my first ever Collectormania event too!

I know exactly how you feel, I've done no work all day, I've just been finding out train times and booking things!

Ferral Moggy's a big help!

919721[/snapback]

Aha, safety in numbers! I still have not booked a hotel, but at least I have

my plane tickets. I did just realize that weekend is just before Valentine's

Day, so some hotels are running specials, but it might also cause them to

jack up their prices - sigh. But, still oh so excited and I probably won't

get much work done for the next two weeks! LOL.....

919716[/snapback]

From my experience I would say that only cash is accepted.

919719[/snapback]

Yes it is cash only.

919725[/snapback]

Thanks Too Tall!!

I have had no mails at all regarding tickets and January is nearly gone. Is any one else in the same position. MAJOR panic now setting in. :yoda:

919569[/snapback]

:P I have received my ticket today by Recorded Delivery.

Panic now over.

Now just have to decide what time to leave home, how many autographs can I afford, etc. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I put my luggage on the first day?

There is a cloakroom located in the main G-Mex Foyer and there is no charge for its use.

840129[/snapback]

I take it this will be available sunday too? I hadnt taken into account that i'll have to check out sunday morning and drag my bags around with me!

Will be interesting with my big bag if it isnt and I have to drag it around the crowds!

There is a cloakroom located in the main G-Mex Foyer and there is no charge for its use.

840129[/snapback]

I take it this will be available sunday too? I hadnt taken into account that i'll have to check out sunday morning and drag my bags around with me!

Will be interesting with my big bag if it isnt and I have to drag it around the crowds!

924506[/snapback]

Definitely maybe. :D Nothing wrong with looking like a bag lady as long as it has wheels. Thats the latest fashion you know. ;)

Mine doesnt have wheels lol, you'd think id invest in one by now..its a big old fashioned rucksack that makes me look like an armoured tank ;)

When I was in london this past weekend with my bag, even on the tube people couldnt get within 2ft of me, never seen so much space on a crowded tube :D

Extra pick pocket protection - keeps the thieves at arms reach, litrelly :P

• Showmasters Admin

840129[/snapback]

924506[/snapback]

Definitely maybe. ;) Nothing wrong with looking like a bag lady as long as it has wheels. Thats the latest fashion you know. :D

924519[/snapback]

As FM said. It should be. I asked and was told they had a cloakroom, I can see no reason for it not being open on the Sunday.

Hi

I'm new to this I'm afraid (this is my first post) and have a quick question to ask that's been annoying me for weeks.

I'm travelling down from Glasgow today to Manchester with my partner and son to (hopefully) collect several autographs tomorrow. My son has just turned 4 and we are starting a collection for him (we already have several) where are personalised to him.

Anyway, we are staying in Manchester tonight and hope to arrive at the G-Mex for about 8am. I know doors don't open till 8 and it states some guests don't arrive till 10. I like the idea of the virtual tickets but wonder how quickly they are given out.

I assume when doors open at 9, it's a mad rush to particular guest stalls but I'm concerned as to how quickly the numbers are given out. We want to see a few of the bigger guests and I'm concerned that we are going to miss out because some VT queues are slower than others and we've joined a slower queue.

I hope this all makes sense, but I'm hoping someone can shed light on this. It's going to be a difficult and long (but exciting day) for us with our young son and I'm just trying to plan in advance how to approach this as it's likely to be our first of many events.

I've read the FAQ section by Too Tall which indicates the most popular guests. Would it not make more sense to hand out some VT's at the front door queue for the bigger guests, knowing that a Virtual ticket queue is likely to take place?

We're really looking forward to tomorrow and can't thank showmasters enough for pulling this off.

Thanks

• Showmasters Admin

Steve,

Who do you want to get?

The VTs tickets are given out pretty quickly. The best idea is just to go to the guests you most want first. Yes there is a bit of a mad rush at the start of the day but really don't worry. There is no one this time that is going to have a stupidly long queue. I'd say the longest you'll be in any queue for a VT will be 10-15 mins. With most it will be 2-3 mins.

Honestly don't worry,as long as you can be there until 4-5pm you'll be fine and will get everyone you want.

Hi Too Tall

Thanks for the quick reply.

The big names we are after is Jorge, Katie and Andy.

I'd just hate to think I'm waiting 15 minutes for a VT ticket for Andy while falling behind with the others.

I just wasn't sure how quickly tickets were issued. I'm likely to have a 4 year old on my shoulders and was anticipating a mad rush when doors opened for the first (say) hour.

Is there a layout of the hall prior to entry so we know where to go first?

Thanks

Steve

• Showmasters Admin

Getting there at 8am you'll be in some of first 200-300 people in.

Have you got your tickets already?

It's up to you if you go for for Jorge or Andy first (do leave Katie for 3rd). The VTs are given out really quickly. Honstly you'll find you'll have the 3 VTs by 9:30am.

Don't worry the VTs will not run out that quickly. Even for the busiest guest they don't run out until about 10am. And none of these guys will be that busy. You'll find you'll easily get VTs for all 3 and they'll all be well under 300. I'd say you'll 98% sure to have seen them all by 1pm, and 100% sure to have seen them by 2:30pm.

Sorry there isn't a layout and as it's a new venue I don't know how it's going to look. But as a guess it'll be set up in the same way as the LFCC show. This means that all of the guests are in the same place and along one wall. Likely to be the back wall. Just ask the person taking the tickets at the door. They'll know and be able to point you in the right direction. You never know I might be me ;)

The main thing is don't panic. It all sounds like it's really manic but you're doing the right thing by being there at 8am and you only have 3 people to get. You'll be fine.

Thanks Jola and Too Tall.

I'm not bothered how long I have to wait, it will be difficult keeping my son occupied but it will be worth it. I want another 4 autographs further down the list but those were the main three.

We are looking forward to appearing tomorrow, you guys are doing a hell of a job with this.

I got my advanced early bird tickets a few weeks back and if it's a succes then we will attend the other events in Milton Keynes and London. I don't even want to really chat to the guests as this will only help slow the queues for other collectors - we are just after personalised autographs for our son.

Cheers

Steve

• Showmasters Admin
Thanks Jola and Too Tall.

I'm not bothered how long I have to wait, it will be difficult keeping my son occupied but it will be worth it. I want another 4 autographs further down the list but those were the main three.

We are looking forward to appearing tomorrow, you guys are doing a hell of a job with this.

I got my advanced early bird tickets a few weeks back and if it's a succes then we will attend the other events in Milton Keynes and London. I don't even want to really chat to the guests as this will only help slow the queues for other collectors - we are just after personalised autographs for our son.

Cheers

Steve

924591[/snapback]

Cheers ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great day.

Say hi if you see me. I'll be the 6'10" guy in a crew t-shirt. I'm pretty hard to miss :D

Please can someone help me. I've been looking at the recommended times to get there if you want to see the big names but would that just be on the staurday? As sunday there may be less people and it opens later. So what time would you recommend I would need to get there by if I have 3 people in the top group? :wub: Really need to know so I know what time to leave tomorow :D

Hey TT,

I had the joy of the cash machine in G-mex running out of cash on me and I'm sure it happened to a few others. So ... I was thinking (don't be too shocked by that) but say next time I have a spare few hours in Manchester if I map out all the cash points near g-mex would you put it in the FAQ?

feralmoggy

• Showmasters Admin
Hey TT,

I had the joy of the cash machine in G-mex running out of cash on me and I'm sure it happened to a few others. So ... I was thinking (don't be too shocked by that) but say next time I have a spare few hours in Manchester if I map out all the cash points near g-mex would you put it in the FAQ?

feralmoggy

925437[/snapback]

Yep I'll happily add that to the G-Mex 2 FAQ :rolleyes:

• Showmasters Admin

BTW It was good to see you again :rolleyes:

I meant to say at the weekend, thanks for all your help with the FAQ for G-Mex. You've been a great help. I'm sure your input has helped a lot of people out.