What is a guest worth?

Dom

At £40 - £50 a go,who would you meet?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. At £40 - £50 a go,who would you meet?

• Mark Hamill
    • Frank Oz
    • Ian McDiarmd
    • Sarah Michelle Gellar
    • David Boreanez
    • William Shattner
    • Christopher Lee
    • Ian Mckellan
    • Richard Dean Anderson
    • OTHER PLEASE STATE!

50 £ for SMG if she poses naked :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding of course :D

I don't think I'll pay 50 £ for any signature of any actor BUT it's also probably because I know that most (if not all) of the actors you've chosen are highly unlikely. So if one of them do indeed appear, I may reconsider my position ;)

1500£ for me (and Im not kidding)... then I would sell the pic to Playboy for 15 000 000 dollars ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1500£ for me (and Im not kidding)... then I would sell the pic to Playboy for 15 000 000 dollars  :lol:

:D:lol:

Lams you have taken us completely off topic, I shall set Too Tall on you :lol:

The guests I chose are unlikely only because of the amount of money they charge to appear. If the fans say they are willing to pay it and the mayhs work out, problem solved!

And I disagree with you because if they have an audition, work or whatever, they have the right to cancel their appearance ! So, okay, they work during a week-end meeting their fans instead of resting along the swimming-pool .... is that worth 100 000 £ ? I really don't know ....

...just to add, Stan Lee's fee is apparently £250k.

Does Stan Lee need the money? :D

And I disagree with you because if they have an audition, work or whatever, they have the right to cancel their appearance ! So, okay, they work during a week-end meeting their fans instead of resting along the swimming-pool .... is that worth 100 000 £ ? I really don't know ....

...just to add, Stan Lee's fee is apparently £250k.

Does Stan Lee need the money? :D

no, but these days a person is a BRAND and thats what you are paying for! If they charge less they are down valuing themselves!

I'd have to say Gary Oldman, in fact, in all honesty i'd probably pay a damn site more than £50 to meet him. I could list the enormous amount of exceptional films he's been in but lets face it i'd be here all day. And as far as appealing to a varied crowd? He'd appeal to anyone with a brain!

Yeah he would be great. Watched Air Force One the other day he is hilarious in that!

On the face of it , this may well be possible, but I heard rumours that David actually charges an appearance fee of £100,000, so that means you would be looking at 4000 items at £25 each, or 2000 items at £50 . You get the idea !

If the guest is attending the event, particularly if travelling from overseas they are missing out on other opportunities , such as auditions, promotional work etc, so you can understand them wanting to be compensated.

100 000 £ ;):P:o

The point is though, that this is a job to them and there is a cost associated with their appearance, based on all these factors. Whilst it would be great to think they will roll up and sign for free, this isn't going to happen and Showmasters have to decide whether or not to pay the going rate for these individials as at the time they want them or not.

On the face of it , this may well be possible, but I heard rumours that David actually charges an appearance fee of £100,000, so that means you would be looking at 4000 items at £25 each, or 2000 items at £50 . You get the idea !

If the guest is attending the event, particularly if travelling from overseas they are missing out on other opportunities , such as auditions, promotional work etc, so you can understand them wanting to be compensated.

100 000 £ ;):P:o

The point is though, that this is a job to them and there is a cost associated with their appearance, based on all these factors. Whilst it would be great to think they will roll up and sign for free, this isn't going to happen and Showmasters have to decide whether or not to pay the going rate for these individials as at the time they want them or not.

I think its the fans more than SM mate, if they say they will pay it, then they will come!

I would pay £50 for Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee, I might even stretch to Mark Hamill.

For £50 though, I wouldn't want to be herded through and photo signed before you even get to the desk. At the very least ,I would expect personalisation.

I really do think that these events have always been in a certain respect about meeting the fans. As you have pointed out dom, they could get money else where for alot less work. So surely if they started charging £50 etc, then that would mean they don;t respect/care about their fans and its ALL ABOUT THE MONEY? :unsure:

True, im not saying by charging £xxx they dont care about their fans. They are trying to establish the worth of their brand, its kind of like the US stance on terrorism they wont negotiate. If they go to do one con at one price they have to maintain that otherwise it will be open season with offers.

The reason these guests can charge that is because 99% of the big ones have NEVER done a con before. So if you are anywhere in the world this could be one of your only chances to meet them!

What about £40 for Bill Paxton?

Not sure, £40 is a bit much for Bill, but then again if i was actually there then i might change my mind.

Don`t tell porkies man!

If he was there your hand would be in your pocket so fast, your trousers would fall down.

This image signed in silver or gold

is.php?i=8597&img=pax.jpg