CSI : SM

Smaug

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll have nothing to do with the show!! hahaha, only the forensics!! I'll sort out some sources you can research from but they'll be questions from the science, not the show :P

860436[/snapback]

oh well in that case im sooooo gonna fail!

but ill try my hardest not to!:angry::P

*enters the lab PO and upset*

my new lappy has now died! it won't switch on! omg!! :D:uhoh::o:o

apparently my dad had the same prob and we got our lappies from the same place, this is not good! on mum's comp again but it's password protected so on for very limited time only :( hopw to speak to you all soon, will have to text me thinks! can't get on here when mum's not working really :rolleyes:

hope to chat to you all on msn soon!

Luv sah xx

*rushes out of lab*

Hey I'm sorry to bug you but could you please use another avatar that isn't mine or even hosted by me.

Hotlinking isn't allowed and you're eating up my bandwidth, not to mention I made the av for personal use and not for sharing. Thanks.

Promotion time!

Below is something I wrote up, within it are some questions. Next to each question is a number in brackets, these indicate the number of points you can get for each question and can indicate also how much detail is needed for each answer.

I know that most of you have chosen particular fields of interest and this shouldn't be something that you need to know, or even research but I will be asking questions appertaining to each chosen field. So every one will have their chance to shine!

This is only for fun and is in no way meant to challenge you. I researched it easily enough so it shouldn't take you guys long to find all the information needed.

I'll give you a week starting from now. So on the 22nd September at 6pm I expect all your answers emailed to me at smaug @ vaguely-me.com. You can email them sooner but I will only take your FIRST set of answers.

Once this is complete I will then put up all the sources I used for it on the first post.

See below for the questions! :D

------

TIME OF DEATH

Supplying a time of death is something that will be required of all F.O’s at a scene. Not to mention a coroner’s job also. It’s a question that will be asked by everyone as it can prove some one’s innocence or guilt.

However, determining the time of death is difficult, and any sort of accuracy is impossible.

There are things you have to consider when you are at a scene with regards to the time of death. Several variables can affect it. Did the person die instantly or some time after the fatal wound was inflicted? How long after? If the body was found in a pool was the victim drowned or killed before being dumped? If they body was recovered from a fire, was the fire the cause of death or were they dead before being burnt?

Of course most of those questions can only be answered when the autopsy has taken place.

When at a scene three sources of evidence must be explored and assessed before offering any opinion on when death or fatal injury occurred. What are these three ‘sources of evidence‘? (6)

Once you have established these sources there are then two further methods for estimating the TOD.

- The rate method

- The concurrence method.

Explain these methods with an example of each. (4)

There are then eight post mortem changes that happen to a body. Following is a list of each and one question relating to each.

1. Algor Mortis - What two ways can the body temperature be measured? (2)

2. Rigor Mortis - The first investigation of rigor mortis can be attributed to who? And when? (2)

3. Livor Mortis (hypostasis, post mortem lividity, post mortem suggillations) - What is lividity, what causes it and how long after death does it first appear? (3)

4. Post Mortem decomposition (putrefaction) - Tissue breakdown resulting from the action of endogenous enzymes alone is also known as what? (1)

5. Adipocere - What is this? (3)

6. Mummification - This is the modification of putrefaction characterised by the dehydration or dessication of the tissues. Other than in a desert, where might mummification occur? Give two examples. (2)

7. Maceration - What is this? (3)

8. Vitreous humour potassium - What is this? (3)

End of questions.

------

They you go! Have fun and good luck!

I'll give you a week starting from now. So on the 22nd September at 6pm I expect all your answers emailed to me at smaug @ vaguely-me.com. You can email them sooner but I will only take your FIRST set of answers.

864622[/snapback]

It's the 23rd now.

Will we get the results soon?

Not that I am impatient or anything like that. :unsure:

Well seeing as you are the only one that replied :D Then you win :P You actually got all the questions right, bar missing a point off one of them. It was the mummification question. Two places it can be found in is if some one was up a chimney (correct) and the other was in infants! As babies are incredibly sterile there isn't the bacteria to break them down, so they are normally commonly found mummyfied :o

I'll get you a CSI esque prize for C8 as I can't really premote a coroner :blink:

To every one else:

I am VERY dissapointed in you! I'll have to think up a suitable punishment for you all!

To every one else:

I am VERY dissapointed in you! I'll have to think up a suitable punishment for you all!

870266[/snapback]

I'm sorry I didn't reply.

Can you do 2 weeks next time,because I can't look every week.

If you do another one I will reply.

I'll get you a CSI esque prize for C8 as I can't really premote a coroner ;)

870266[/snapback]

Whoo hoo :)

A prize for me. Yay :)

I won't be at C8 though :P since I'm in Prague now :)

but BorgTeddy will be there (Liessa is taking him to have his pic taken with Majel Barrett and William Shatner and loads of other ppl)

• 3 weeks later...

Wahey! We have all positions filled! :D

Also... SAH GET IN HERE! I'm at work and can't get on messenger... *pouts* You shoulda seen WTD last night and there was this awesome new show called Numb3rs.... I think it could be a new obsession....!! *cackles*

*pops head in* did some one call for CSI Sah? ^_^

damn you you shudda twexted me :D

am on msn and yahoo poking to see if you are but alas no :( *twexts you*

mum's taped WTD it's ok! I've got like 6eps to watch in a row or something!! :wub:

mum watches numbers... was gunna be as it's on it's second season decided not ta :D

Luv sah xx