Serena in Corrie

yeltz-lass

Just wanted to say how much I'm loving Ian McKellen as Mel Hutchwright in Corrie ;) - very cheeky and twinkly and not entirely unlike Gandalf in his more mischievous guise. ;) Still can't quite get my head around the fact that it is actually "Gandalf" insulting Ken Barlow and charming Norris and Emily Bishop in The Rover's Return, but it's great fun so far - and camper than Butlins! :lol:^_^

Edited by yeltz-lass

• Moderators

lol I've actually really enjoyed his performances, and he's been an absolute pleasure to watch. A total reminder of what a class act he is and the talent that he possesses never ceases to impress, entertain and amaze me :lol:

Mel Hutchwright is a great character, schmoozing his way through the ladies,(and Norris :lol: ), getting everything he can for free, and Ian McKellen is just a legend...I love him anyway, but I love him even more for doing corrie :lol:

i was quite shocked when i walked passed a magazine stand in a magazine shop and i saw it say Ian McKellen stars in Corrie or something like that on one of the TV guide mags...when you look at him playing Mel you can see Gandalf still in him, cos of the way he smiles, but it gets abit of time getting used to him wearing different clothes, cos you always see him in that Grey robe...but everytime i see him i always think of him as Gandalf and a Gandalf image comes to my head lol

Edited by Lij'sgirl

Agreed - I love the way poor Norris is so smitten. :lol: And yes, it's a huge shame he's only doing 10 eps, though maybe that's how long the character's arc runs? :wub: Ah well, enjoy it while we can! :lol:

*wonders if any other LOTR cast members would like to be in Corrie, besides Orlando* :wub: