The Dalek!

Glad that you all enjoyed us being around folks, it was a lot of fun for us too! It was bloody hot inside the Daleks though....a bit like being shut inside a portable sauna. :rolleyes:

Stuart

You were the stars of the show ;) You all had me in stiches over the weekend. Thanks for the laughs and don't forget to come back :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Lee and Stuart-

I haven't logged in on here for yonks, but just had to say thank you to all of the people from the Dalek Builders Guild for making C7 truly memorable. The whole thing is always too much of a crush for me on the whole but you guys really, really made the weekend. You were great, and I do hope you come back in the future.

My inner geek thanks you. You rock, all of you.

Glad that you all enjoyed us being around folks, it was a lot of fun for us too! It was bloody hot inside the Daleks though....a bit like being shut inside a portable sauna.  :huh:

Stuart

I must say, dispite my mass hysteria when being chased by one of you guys (I was wearing bright blue cords on saturday afternoon, pink in my hair), you deffinately were the highlight of the weekend for me and a lot of people.

We'd love to have you back :P

Aw, i loved the daleks, absolutely DYING for a go in one though. You should charge a fiver for 5 minutes or something, i'd SO do it.. :lol:

I don't think there ever were any female Daleks, however at various times of the day I had the Dalek open and was letting various members of the public have a go at getting wired up inside and getting their pictures taken 'as a Dalek', which was very popular with the little ones.

Sarah: next time we do the event I'll sort you out a go in one of the Daleks. No exterminating anyone though :D

Stuart

Edited by DalekOperator

OMG Crowd control by Daleks - I love it!!!!

I overheard the "that isn't my plunger mwhahahahahahaah" and just about wet myself laughing.

One of them was also hanging around when I was trying to "brief" people on sunday or Monday and I quickly realized I had to give up - bah attention seeking Daleks get the vote every time. Seriously though you guys were amazing and really did make it a good laugh! I swear you stole the show on Friday when you first appeared.

When I first saw them on Friday, I thought they were remote controlled...I had no idea there were people inside. It was only until one of them said "Cheeeeeeese", whilst someone was taking a photo I realised they were 'human controlled' :(

My dad wants to know if being a dalek operator dude is a full time occupation or if the dudes have other jobs too. Why he wants to know I am not entirely sure...maybe he aspires to be one... :P

Lol, no its not a full time occupation Tookie. We build them in our spare time and use them to entertain people at events, and raise money for charity. We all have day jobs, although I must admit being a full time Dalek operator is very appealing :D

Stuart

I agree, the dalaks are hilarious. I was told that i had "funky hair going on", and on 30th April they were randomly singing "is this the way to amarillo" and they were agueing now and them. It's much funnier that a normal persondoing it, as it is coming from a dalak...

you wernt the funky hair person from Southampton per chance where you? ^_^