• David Tennant
    • Peter Cushing
    • Rowan Atkinson
    • Richard E. Grant
    • Jim Broadbent
    • Hugh Grant
    • Joanna Lumley
    • Lenny Henry

Strange, no one has so far for William Hartnell, often the first person to play a character is the most popular, ala Bond and Sean Connery, but no votes for Mr Hartnell.

I have tended to find that most people associate with the Doctor that they recognise from when they were a kid, hence I went for Tom Baker, although I think Christopher Eccleston has done a good job.

Now, where are those Jelly Babies !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, no one has so far for William Hartnell, often the first person to play a character is the most popular, ala Bond and Sean Connery, but no votes for Mr Hartnell.

I have tended to find that most people associate with the Doctor that they recognise from when they were a kid, hence I went for Tom Baker, although I think Christopher Eccleston has done a good job.

Now, where are those Jelly Babies !

860158[/snapback]

i dont think many of the younger generation have seen the first two doctors since it was in the sixtys...the only time i have seen the first two is when they do one of those documentary type things and put some of the really old clips in..if i could watch them acting in at least one episode then i might have a much more diffrent opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

HAD to put in a vote for Hartnell, as he's been my favourite for years, im 21 years young, ppl always find it strange that he's been my fave so long, but you just need to look at the series as a whole, and watch all of his stories, to see how amazing the man really was, and the fact is, if it wasnt for him, we wouldnt have any of the others. He, more than any other, made the role his own. And for any newcomers to the show, despite what you may have heard, he wasnt just 'a crotchety old man with a bad temper' in my opinion he showed more range of emotions than any other doctor, and as confessed by Dr Who magazine at least, he gave at least 3 of the best perfomances in the entire series with his acting, in An Unearthly Child, Dalek Invasion of Earth, and Tenth Planet

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking at the results, I see we have alot of revival fans here.

I cannot blame you all, It was a very good restart to the Doctor Who story and I think it has given a strong basis to keep it going in the future. Maybe bring back the status it had in the 70s. I wonder if they will do another special episode where the current incarnation meets his previous forms like they have in the past.

For all revial series fans I recommend you watch, "Spearhead from Space", "Ressurection of the Daleks" and "The Seeds of Doom" - If you can find it, check out "The Sea Devils" however, that is not on DVD and rather hard to come by.

You will not regret it.

Christopher Eccleston's Doctor Who costume was by far the lamest. Each Doctor is supposed to have a very obvious and very different style. Granted none of them have worn a leather Jacket until him but where was the display of his eccentricity in his clothing?

I think that was somewhat lost in the new series.

Good point, I hadn't really thought much about his clothing to be honest. David Tennant's Doctor looks like being a very snappy dresser, from the pictures I've seen he looks pretty cool.

Does anyone think the Doctors we grew up with affected our dress sense as adults? as someone who grew up watching Sylvester McCoy, I seem to have a range of suspect clothing/stripy jumpers etc and I'm not very good at finding outfits that match :D coincidence or not?! lol

anyone out there who loves long scarves (or cricket outfits?)

1985 was my year of birth. The Doctor of my Era was Colin Baker (I never remember him though, too young) Sylvester McCoy was the one I would first remember, Never dressed like him though.

I did go through a rather Hippie Phase which looked similar to Colin Baker.

However, I first got into Doctor Who watching repeats of Jon Pertwee. Never dressed like him either.

I think my usual dress sense acually reflects Tom Baker more than any of them. :angry:

Don't really agree with the comment about Chris Eccleston's outfit, Davison's and Baker's clothes(when they started thinking on them as 'costumes') have been the most widely criticised, as have the ideas of 'victorian' style outfits. Hartnell wore different things depending on the situation, as did Pertwee and even Tom Baker to an extent. With the arrival of Colin Baker's costume, it also started the beginning of the end for the show, which is pretty obvious, as the makers clearly put more thought into costumes than they did into actually making good stories!

Whereas you can watch the new series, as stories, watching the performances from the actors without having to look at an 'outfit'

As for fave doctor, i must say again! William Hartnell! :P

• 4 weeks later...

About Chris's "costume" I thought that if you pretend you have never seen a Dr Who series, and that the Doctor really exists with his inteligence, I find it far more beleiveable that he would try to blend in a bit more with his clothes, granted he wears the same leather jacket when in Victorian london as he does the day the earth explodes, but I think he is more inconspicous dressed as Eccleston was than say Colin Baker's "Look at me, even if its dark you can see my clothes they are that loud" (No offence).

Haveing said that I LOVED Tom Baker's excentric outfit, and am still trying to knit my own scarf.

Also, is it just me or does it seem that the Doctor would be really stinky wearing the same clothes all the time, plus a little unimaginative haveing only one outfit per regeneration. At leat Chris changed his jumper!

Naomi

:rolleyes: