I've solved the problem of the £5 note drout !

dufresne

What if SMs sold special vouchers at a central point, which you then "spent" in auto queues ? You could print several denominations, or guests could charge 1, 2 or 3 vouchers as appropriate :lol:

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally ! :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if SMs sold special vouchers at a central point, which you then "spent" in auto queues ? You could print several denominations, or guests could charge 1, 2 or 3 vouchers as appropriate :lol:

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally ! :lol:

Or only charge £10 or £20 for each guest..

What if SMs sold special vouchers at a central point, which you then "spent" in auto queues ? You could print several denominations, or guests could charge 1, 2 or 3 vouchers as appropriate  :lol:

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally !  :P

I like you're thinking ! Now which would SMs opt fooooorrrrr ? :lol: ......

What if SMs sold special vouchers at a central point, which you then "spent" in auto queues ? You could print several denominations, or guests could charge 1, 2 or 3 vouchers as appropriate  :wub:

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally !  :wub:

I should have kept my big mouth shut....

What if SMs sold special vouchers at a central point, which you then "spent" in auto queues ? You could print several denominations, or guests could charge 1, 2 or 3 vouchers as appropriate  :wub:

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally !  :wub:

why your opinion was a valid one and both good ideas.

Edited by Aspen

Knowing are luck none. Won't the voucher cause a massive que .

Maybe initially, but it would move quickly .....

Probably work at London one better as we could pre order the vouchers before attending the event causing less hassle on the day.

It would save the usual "Oh please have a £5 note" mantra from crew (they always run out) and it would also make SMs cash handling at the venue more secure generally !  :D

why your opinion was a valid one and both good ideas.

Agreed :wub:

As far as i see things crew seem to manage fine, i think what you're suggesting would only cause more hassel for the public, and the crew. People would have to pay with £5 notes for the vouchers? Why can't they just bring them along to the cash box.

Either that or i'm not understanding what you're suggesting.

As far as i see things crew seem to manage fine, i think what you're suggesting would only cause more hassel for the public, and the crew. People would have to pay with £5 notes for the vouchers? Why can't they just bring them along to the cash box.

Either that or i'm not understanding what you're suggesting.

It is always the case at recent SMs events that £5 notes are in short supply. Someone buys one £15 auto with the £20 note they just got from a cashpoint, and the crew need to supply £5 change. Multiply this by the thousands of attendees, and it’s not hard to see where the problem arises. Any crew wanna back me up on this part at least ?

What I am suggesting is that SMs set up one or more (ideally centralised) points where people can buy autograph vouchers. These can be in financial denominations or colour coded or whatever, but instead of “paying” in each auto queue, you buy these vouchers in advance to “spend” in the queues instead of the cash. This keeps the £5s (in fact all notes) in one place and therefore in plentiful supply throughout the day. It also saves SMs the potential security risk of removing thousands of pounds from the hall throughout the day !

It strikes me as doubly sensible – not something that applies to me too often :lol:

It is idea worth thinking about although I do not think its needed as yet. Just another queue which then would produce another refund queue when people want to exchange back their vouchers as did not see their guest. I suppose you could see autograph tickets for the person on a numbered basis - this is getting more complicated or getting like a con

SM just make sure you start with a huge float of £5 notes

• Moderators

All the cash crew do start off with a good supply of £5 but obviously with the £15 guests, they soon go down. If it was possible to implement a system such as this then it would probably benefit everyone but I'm not sure if it would transfer the problem elsewhere and make it busier in other places etc .. it's certainly something to consider tho.

All the cash crew do start off with a good supply of £5 but obviously with the £15 guests, they soon go down. If it was possible to implement a system such as this then it would probably benefit everyone but I'm not sure if it would transfer the problem elsewhere and make it busier in other places etc .. it's certainly something to consider tho.

B):lol:

I had an absolute sod of a time with fivers in London, but generally speaking, it wasn't too bad. Even if I DID virtually jump on people when they handed over five pound notes.

I agree that it could end up causing a massive queue, and I don't know where they can strategically put any sort of voucher point. Also, there's the chance the vouchers could be faked...and if they were made pretty much un..er...fakeable..?... then it could be very expensive to produce them, which would have to be reflected in the autograph costs which could end up bringing the £15 guests up to £20, which is a biiiig circle.

I do think it's clever of you to have thought of this as a solution though :lol:. Perhaps it'd work more at London, if anywhere...

Just putting in my two pennyworth.

After going to nearly all the Collectormania's have found the best solution is when I get all my money from

the ATM,go the cashiers desk in the bank & ask for a large wad of fivers (normally £140).

Have found before now that I have given them out to the staff because they are short rather than actually

spending them myself.

I am aware this may not be the best solution as it does mean carrying a large wadge of money , but as i

tend to spend it quickly it never seems that inconvenient to me.I normally take about £500 & it never seems

to last very long !!

:borg: Just had a thought - we could pre-order the vouchers like talk tickets, and get them posted out to us in advance. This helps avoid queues on the day, and means we have to carry less £££ on the day ! :lol: Edited by dufresne