Where does the money go?

All the money goes to some elves who live at the end of the rainbow. They use it to invest in eleven hair care products and their secret plan to train as jedi knights and take over the world.

Paul

just out of interest, where does all the money go? (ie the money that we spend on autographs) Does it go to the star themselves or to charity or something?

If any money does to charity it must be the guests who donate it as I would imagine SM need every penny made to finance the event, it isnt cheap to get all these guests and the venue, I wouldnt be suprised if it costs hundreds of thousands to run the event and as they cant charge an entry fee the only way they can really make money back is with autographs.

This reminds me of when I was queuing up to meet Dominic Monaghan, a woman asked the SM staff member what charity the money for the autograph would be going too and I dont think he knew what to say to her for a few seconds and then he said none as they need the money to pay for bring the guest over and she then got out of the queue and walked away, guess she was one of the normal shoppers who had decided to queue up not knowing what was really going on.

If any money does to charity it must be the guests who donate it as I would imagine SM need every penny made to finance the event..

Yeah, I don't think the money goes to a charity unless it is stated at the front of the guests' desks. ie. Joe Turkyl LFCC1. who had a sign saying this.

I remember meeting Brian Blessed at a non SM event a couple of years ago, some rather smug old woman asked him where all the money he was making from autos was going.

He responded saying all of it was going to an animal shelter charity his wife runs, shut her right up!

Collectormania is a business!...Think about it.

Us grown ups have do jobs or run a business to pay for things like Houses, cars and thhe like.

What a silly question....

What he said, totally bizarre question, why run a business not to break even and pay wages just to give the dollar to charity.

The Odo bloke from Star Trek also did charity drawings at C5 i think

All the money goes to some elves who live at the end of the rainbow.  They use it to invest in eleven hair care products and their secret plan to train as jedi knights and take over the world.

Paul

So waterboy, what you are saying is that the money goes to YOU?

Collectormania is a business!...Think about it.

Us grown ups have do jobs or run a business to pay for things like Houses, cars and thhe like.

What a silly question....

I agree, what a silly question. Money that goes to charities also pays for the same sort of thing SM has to pay for: advertising, payroll, fund raising events (which include venues, flights, and sometimes fees for celebrities) and other expenses. Most charities are lucky if 50% of each donation makes it to those the charity is trying to benefit. In my opinion, 90% of charities are crap. Most charities license out their names to those who actually profit off of it. For example, most of the cash donation boxes and collection points are not run by the charity, but individuals or businesses who license the charity's name. That person or business pays the charity a flat fee for a set period of time that they can collect money using the charity's name. Then those people or businesses go out and collect money, under the charity name, and keep it! The only money the charity will receive is the initial fee that person or business paid to the charity for the use of its name. Not a penny of what is actually collected goes to the charity. And this is a legal. Charity is big business and don't fool yourself that people are not profiting off of ALL charities. And celebrities know this. Don't think that when a celebrity appears at a charity event they are not receiving a fee... most are, and big fees at that. A celebrity appearing at a funds raising event can generate a lot of revenue and publicity for the charity. Don't get me wrong, there are times when a celebrity will appear for free, but that is very rare. So let us not worry about where the money goes, but let's concentrate on enjoying the event.

Some of the guests must have a clause in their contract and the money will go to charity.

I remember that Rutger Hauer was putting his proceeds to a charity and as someone else mentioned Rene Auberjonois was doing drawings for charity as well before.

Other than that the money goes to Showmasters to pay for the costs of running the event, bringing the guests over, appearance fees, expenses etc

More to the point...

WHERE DOES MY MONEY GO?

I go to these events with lots of cash and come home with none!!

All for a photo and someone writing on a picture!! How bizzare are we?

Thats the point, and not only here where does my money go in general, payday Friday, saturday morning i seem to have zero in hand, some strange things a happening