anybody travelling to the event by train

hey all.....im new to this forum and have never been to a collectormania event but me and my buds are all real excited bout goin to this one.........

anyway we're probably gettin the train in and as i've never been i was wonderin if ne1 has ne advice, like which station to get off at,.......how far the place is from the train station and how best to get there....ie bus/taxi..........or even walk....i'm really not sure where it will be in relation to the station so like i said any advice would be appreciated.....

cheers all :blink:

• Moderators

The train station that u need is Milton Keynes Central .. I think it's Virgin or Silverlink, depending on where you are coming from.

There's a taxi rank outside so you could just go there and get a taxi straight to Middleton Hall which is where Collectormania is.

Someone will know what bus it is that goes from there to the shopping centre hopefully?!

It's probably a 10/15 min walk to the centre from the train station, and if u've never been before then ur probably better off just getting a taxi if u can!

http://www.collectormania.com/travel/travel.html

That should help u too .. a bit! Although the train station isn't on that map. Just use the links on there :blink:

Please note that if you catch a black cab from outside the station, they'll charge a lot more than if you call 01908 222111 or 01908 222222 and order a cab which would probably only be a couple of minutes away!

p.s. the author of this post has no connection what so ever to the cab firm mentioned.. other than using them a lot! :lol:

yeah it quite a walk but what a way to build up ur excitment. By the way i hve 2 warn u wen u first get to the mk centre u think god its deserted where is everybody....then wen u get 2 the acutuall evnt there r huge crowds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was how it was like wen me and friends went or our first time in october do u remember that ciarae marie :P;) lotrfreek

I travelled by train last year and we just decided to walk to the MK Center. Its directly down a main road, I can remember there being lots of roundabouts and it being deadly silent.

KIWI :P

You walked from the station to the CMK and there were roundabouts....... you was lost!! There's only traffic lights and under-passes between the station and the Centre! ;)

• Moderators

And ya do have to walk the entire length of the shopping centre to get to Middleton Hall so taxi is definitely quicker and cheap enough if there's a few of ya, especially if u've got luggage :D

Not that I work for a taxi firm, I've just had enough of walking that route to last a lifetime :D

yeah it quite a walk but what a way to build up ur excitment. By the way i hve 2 warn u wen u first get to the mk centre u think god its deserted where is everybody....then wen u get 2 the acutuall evnt there r huge crowds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was how it was like wen me and friends went or our first time in october do u remember that ciarae marie :P:blush: lotrfreek

omg i sooo thought that too! i was like... "where are all the people?" its just big buildings and big roads in every direction. but once you get to the centre there are lots of people.

but yeah... you cant go wrong if you keep walking in a straight line form the rain station. the confusing bit is when you get to the shopping centre.... but thats jsut the same... go inside the main bit and keep walking. and walking. and walking. i swear that centreis so huge that you cnat see the other side due to the curvature of the earth!! middleton hall is at the bottom somewhere!

=x=

first time i went my friend drove and i navigated and we lost count of the roundabouts! that's why the train is good =:lol:= Milton Keynes is a really spooky place, there's like no one around until you get to the shopping centre or the snowdome lol :lol:

Getting a bus is easy! and much cheaper, its about 70p from the train station! You will see when you come out of the station loads of green shelters, they are the bus stop, most buses that stop there are going through the shopping centre. Bus numbers number 4 and 5 are very regular to the city :lol:

If you use the bus stops to the right then most buses go to the centre. If not just ask the next bus that comes along if they go the to centre. You will need to get off when you get to where there is a huge orange building, easy cinema. then your a few mins walk to the event!

Bus is alot cheaper, and is just as quick! :wub:

Hope that makes sense,

Davey :lol:

Yes! I'm getting the train with my friend from Leeds, but we haven't booked anything yet. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk anywhere unless u are very good at reading maps, every street looks the same!

Leeds is a great place and a amazing comic shop to boot