theory and speculation

wiccawise21

One of my friends had a really good h.p theory today and I thought I cant wait to go post this on the forum, and now Ive forgotten it.

Kitty&Tippin- can I borrow the twins when you get bored of grabbing them? (Like anyone could get bored of doing that)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends had a really good h.p theory today and I thought I cant wait to go post this on the forum, and now Ive forgotten it.

oh no!!! you cant say that and then not remember!!! you have to find out and let us know. im all for a new theory!!

=x=

Kitty&Tippin- can I borrow the twins when you get bored of grabbing them? (Like anyone could get bored of doing that)

Get bored of Oliver? I think not! lol, you can gaze at him from afar, but he is mostly mine.

oh no!!! you cant say that and then not remember!!! you have to find out and let us know. im all for a new theory!!

=x=

I'll ask her today. Thats if she can remember :)

• Showmasters Admin

What's with the ultimate weapon thing hidden in the blue glowy room at the ministery (can't remember the exact details)? That has to mean something important in the next 2 books. And we have to have more information about the veil and the whispering voices...

Andrea

What's with the ultimate weapon thing hidden in the blue glowy room at the ministery (can't remember the exact details)? That has to mean something important in the next 2 books. And we have to have more information about the veil and the whispering voices...

Andrea

i wonder about that a lot. but i can never come up with an answer. i just dont know what it could be.

anyone have any ideas?

=x=

Edited by wiccawise21

Andrea

i wonder about that a lot. but i can never come up with an answer. i just dont know what it could be.

anyone have any ideas?

=x=

I think it would be really stupid if the "blue glow" was love. I mean really stupid... I would smack someone if it was. *cough*

Andrea

anyone have any ideas?

=x=

I think it would be really stupid if the "blue glow" was love. I mean really stupid... I would smack someone if it was. *cough*

i know its silly but i also think love is the weapon too....

Andrea

anyone have any ideas?

=x=

I know, but it would be a bit anti-climatic and it would be like reading one of those generic books where love "conqures" all. I would just like it to be a little more complicated then just explaining it away as "all the love in the universe."

Andrea

anyone have any ideas?

=x=

I know, but it would be a bit anti-climatic and it would be like reading one of those generic books where love "conqures" all. I would just like it to be a little more complicated then just explaining it away as "all the love in the universe."

Hmmm... well, I agree with you, but I think it makes sense. After all, Dumbledore keeps telling Harry that he has something Voldy does not... and that's love.

I agree that I'd feel like smacking someone if that was the "weapon". :P That's hit the point of being trite these days. ^_^

I thought sex was the weapon not love...sorry lol

The weapon should be the nuclear warheads or magical warheads to blow up the comet that will destroy the world and therefore create the only unexpected ending for the book...

Harry and Voldemort rasied their wands ready to do battle when suddenly a giant comet crashed into the earth and exploded it into a million pieces and so Harry Potter and Voldemort were dead!

I really hope it isn't love because that came out as the answer in the 1st book and it would be a bit blah and certainly no mega climax (no pun intended) if the weapon is revealed to be love.

Back to the Where is James theory I had a bit of a thought today. I am liking the whole question of whether it was James that got killed and today while watching CoS I was intrigued by something Tom Riddle says when Harry is dying in the chamber after the Basilisk's tooth gets him. I have checked the book and it is in there too (page 236 of the Canadian version :P ) Tom says "You'll be back with your dear mudblood mother soon Harry".

Why no mention of being with James? The only reason I could think of is that James wasn't a mudblood but it still made no sense to me. I expected him to say something like "you will be with your dear parents soon". I know that JK has said that we will never see James (or something like that) but I think there could be a twist there! Especially since we have sort of found out that James is not the lovely nice person we originally thought. The description of him tormenting Snape reminded me of Draco.

Another little thought. In OOTP during the Voldy duel with Harry the ghosts come out of the wand in reverse order they were killed, don't they? The order is Cedric, Frank Bryce, Bertha Jorkins, James and Lilly. Doesn't this imply that James was killed after Lilly?

On another note I agree with the person (Andrea I think) who said that Harry is going to have to turn more evil to defeat Voldy. I think he will have to start learning how to use what was transfered to him through the scar and some of that has to be pure evilness...especially if Voldy continues to use that link. I think Harry has to become evil enough to use an unforgivable curse.

My final thought for now is that I think it interesting that Voldy now has part of Harry in him in the form of his blood since some of it was used to bring him back. This means that they are sort of equal since Harry has some of Voldy and now Voldy has some of Harry.

:)

I really hope it isn't love because that came out as the answer in the 1st book and it would be a bit blah and certainly no mega climax (no pun intended) if the weapon is revealed to be love.

Back to the Where is James theory I had a bit of a thought today. I am liking the whole question of whether it was James that got killed and today while watching CoS I was intrigued by something Tom Riddle says when Harry is dying in the chamber after the Basilisk's tooth gets him. I have checked the book and it is in there too (page 236 of the Canadian version :P ) Tom says "You'll be back with your dear mudblood mother soon Harry".

Why no mention of being with James? The only reason I could think of is that James wasn't a mudblood but it still made no sense to me. I expected him to say something like "you will be with your dear parents soon". I know that JK has said that we will never see James (or something like that) but I think there could be a twist there! Especially since we have sort of found out that James is not the lovely nice person we originally thought. The description of him tormenting Snape reminded me of Draco.

Another little thought. In OOTP during the Voldy duel with Harry the ghosts come out of the wand in reverse order they were killed, don't they? The order is Cedric, Frank Bryce, Bertha Jorkins, James and Lilly. Doesn't this imply that James was killed after Lilly?

sorry to be picky XD but that duel was in GOF and lilly came first from the duel, well in my book she does, but i think there is something more to James death, because JK Rowling specifically said lilly was dead when asked but ive never seen the response for James

"The smoky shadow of a tall man with untidy hair fell to the ground just as Bertha had done, straightened up, and looked at him... and Harry, his arm shaking madly now, looked back into the ghostly face of his father.

'Your mother's coming...' he said quietly. 'She wants to see you... it will be all right... hold on...'"

Bloody hell, he did come out first. Is it a mistake or something? That's the quote from the US version.

I am really enjoying reading everyone's theories about everything and I have another to add. at the start of GoF there is a sentence that has my friend and I puzzled...

"Elderly Mr and Mrs Riddle had been rich, snobbish and rude, and their grown-up son, Tom, had been even more derer - plainly, three apprently healthy people did not all drop dead of natural causes on the same night"

erm who was the third person to be brought out dead...cause it wasn't Tom who obv as we know is voldamort. So could there have been a sibling that has never been mentioned before?

*looks at the calendar to see if the next few months have passed by yet cause I am far too excited about the new book and can't wait to read it*

please don't let james turn out to be really horrible cause thats not good :lol: and I have a feeling either this book or the next one I foresee a big head to head between harry and snape for the d.a.t.d.a's position considering no one else will want it!

Edited by Aragorns_Princess

please don't let james turn out to be really horrible cause thats not good :lol: and I have a feeling either this book or the next one I foresee a big head to head between harry and snape for the d.a.t.d.a's position considering no one else will want it!

No apon this new evidence I think James might have gotten knocked back by one of the other unforgivable curses os Stupfiying spell and got knocked out for a moment. Apon awaking James sees his wife dead and his child being rounded apon by the the Dark Lord. Seeing this James instantly acts. I have no idea what he would do buuuttt.... somehow the curse is bloched up, so James dies, the Dark Lord is left as a spirit, and poor little Harry is ophaned and left with a horrible scar and fate. That's my theory anyway.

• Showmasters Admin
No apon this new evidence I think James might have gotten knocked back by one of the other unforgivable curses os Stupfiying spell and got knocked out for a moment. Apon awaking James sees his wife dead and his child being rounded apon by the the Dark Lord. Seeing this James instantly acts. I have no idea what he would do buuuttt.... somehow the curse is bloched up, so James dies, the Dark Lord is left as a spirit, and poor little Harry is ophaned and left with a horrible scar and fate. That's my theory anyway.

Oooh, interesting theory! Would kind of explain why James came out of Voldemort's wand before lilly (although that could equally be a continuity mistake by JK). But did he really die? I know everyone thinks he's dead but what if that's the reason we haven't heard anything about their graves yet? No, scratch that. I think that's a bit too melodramatic and unrealistic.

I think showing James and Sirius as less than perfect was a way of showing Harry that his father (and god father) were just human. They had been built up in Harry's mind (and ours) as being unrealistically perfect so this could have been a way to make Sirius' death even more poigniant. This was also another shattering of Harry's illusions and messing with his mind which eventually turns him into an angry and confused young man at the end of OOP.

I guess it also makes the battle between Harry and Snape a bit more complicated! In OOP there are several insights into Snape's past which make up realise he's a product of his own history and not just some abstract moustach twirling villain. Kinda makes you feel sorry for him, at least for a little while!

In the end I think love will be the key, but as long as it's handled right it shouldn't come across as twee or predictable (the way JK's handled such things so far it does make me think she could write that kind of ending well). If you look at all the other clues the theme of love overcoming difficulties turns up again and again, from Lilly's love for Harry protecting him against Voldemort even down to Ron's love of quiddich overcoming his dislike of Viktor! I think in the end either Harry will realise he has to give up his life for the greater good of his friends (self sacrifice, what greater love is there!) or he will realise that he (H) has to forgive Voldemort to be able to break any protective spells surrounding him (V) and therefore making him (V) mortal and vunerable. Or making Harry's blood in Voldemort's veins turn against him. No actually, that's just silly!

As for the voices behind the veil, yes I definitely think they are the voices of the dead. But the question is does the Ministery of Magic have some way of hearing/interpreting them and what do they say? They are obviously studying the veil (it was in the centre of a lecture hall on a platform after all) so could they be getting information of the present or even future from the dead? Could they pass on information about what Voldemort's up to? And could Harry be able to still communicate with Sirius through it?

And my final thought before bedtime... JK was very unspecific as to what spell Bellatrix used against Sirius which knocked him through the veil. If you read that section of the book it's full of descriptions of the spells being thrown about, their names, and their effects. Yet when it gets to Bellatrix's spell it becomes very vague. If the spell itself didn't kill Sirius but just knocked him off his feet (even a simple Expeliamus could have done that!) does that mean that he is still alive but just trapped in another realm? (permanently according to some of the things JK has said on the matter). If the other voices beyond the veil are from people who were definitely dead how would it effect someone who wasn't dead but still stepped through the veil? ;)

Andrea