theory and speculation

wiccawise21

so i thought that for a hp forum there isnt enough speculation going on. if you have any thoughts on what to expect in the new books or films add it here. i'd love to know what everyone thinks.

a few things to think about....

what is the significance of the veil in book 5? im sure we will see it again. personally i think that there may be a connection with the mirror that harry has. but thats vague i know.

what/where is spinners end? a friend and myself have a hope that its lupins house and harry will go there this summer. but maybe thats too good to be true???

what do you think we can expect from the chapter "draco's detour" its an early chapter and we dont usually see a lot of draco until later on in the books. so what brings draco and harry together? or will JK change her style and take us to a place without harry?

Snape. now there is a mystery in the word itself. what do we think about him?

do you think there is more to petunia? personally i think there is. JK has said that she is a muggle though when someone suggested at the edinburgh festival that petunia was a squib JK siad it was a good guess. how does that work? well i think that petunia is a muggle because she CHOSE to be. that would still make her a muggle by definition because she doesnt practice magic. it doesnt, however mean that she CANT.

so come on guys.... what do you think????

=x=

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what/where is spinners end? a friend and myself have a hope that its lupins house and harry will go there this summer. but maybe thats too good to be true???

lol

i thought that bit was about a characture called spinner...

i think that neville will come through, and be the hero. and maybe get with luna? not romantically, but there is more to those too that meet the eye... kinda...

and dean there is more to dean and hagrid

more when i get back coz i am making my bed.

lol

i think that neville will come through, and be the hero. and maybe get with luna? not romantically, but there is more to those too that meet the eye... kinda...

hee hee! i shall look forward to more... but for now...

neville... i think that he will be the herbology prof at hogwarts one day!

=x=

lol

=x=

ok back...

bed all made

there is obviusly gonna be more to dean, coz of wot jk sed about book2.

anyway

g2g... again...

dinner

love you guys

lol

=x=

ok back...

bed all made

anyway

g2g... again...

dinner

love you guys

lol

=x=

ok back...

bed all made

anyway

g2g... again...

dinner

love you guys

lol. a busy life you lead with all that bed making and dinner!!

=x=

lol

=x=

ok back...

bed all made

anyway

g2g... again...

dinner

love you guys

One of the tasks for the house game was to write the chapter entitled Spinner's end and a girl by the alias babakoon wrote it, nelson it made me cry! I'll ask her if she minds me posting it here for you guys to read!

I am sure she won't but wait until I get the final task update done in the morning......I dread to think how many posts I need to do to get it up :unsure:

The veil, has to be more to it because it had such an important part yet nothing is known about it

Spinner's reminds me of the term "the web we weave" so I think it is something about the truth finally coming out.

Petunia IS a muggle, she was born one. Lily was a mugggleborn witch. A squib is the opposite of muggleborn, someone without magical abilities but it born to wizarding parents so I think her being a squib is out ;)

Petunia IS a muggle, she was born one. Lily was a mugggleborn witch. A squib is the opposite of muggleborn, someone without magical abilities but it born to wizarding parents so I think her being a squib is out :headscratch:

i agree that petunia is muggle. but i still think she chose to be.

=x=

• Showmasters Admin

Time to set the cat among the pidgeons...

In the books published so far there have been a number of small plot devices in earlier books which turn out to be much more significant later on (Dumbledore's hints at the prophesy in book 1, the Womping Willow in book 2 suddenly being much more important in book 3, etc). So could these be hints or clues...

In book three (I think) Dumbledore mentions he has a brother. Is this significant?

Both Harry and Voldemort's wands contain a phoenix tail feather, the only 2 given by that particular bird. Could this be Fawks??

What about the rest of Remus Lupin's family? (Could he have a twin? His name is from the Roman myth of twin brothers Romulus and Remus who were raised by a wolf, after all!) And by the way, what is his middle name (he has Remus L. Lupin on his bag)? I din't think this is significant, just something that bugs me!

As for speculation, I reckon that Snape will die saving Harry's life (thus repaying his debt to James and also forcing Harry to re-evaluate someone he's always considered an enemy).

Also in the past you had three close friends and a fourth friend who tagged along and who eventually betrayed them (James, Sirius, Remus and Peter) and now you have three close friends (Harry, Ron and Hermione). So will history repeat itself, or will it nearly repeat itself and then the fourth person redeme themselves at the last minute. And who is the fourth; Neville?

Harry will eventually discover that the link between himself and Voldemort is stronger and more material than anyone suspects (apart from possibly Dumbledore?) and he realises that he has to die himself to kill Voldemort, or at least to make Voldemort totally mortal. They are keeping each other alive so both must die.

Ron and Hermione will end up together eventually (kind of obvious), but will they suffer the same fate as James and Lilly (history repeating itself again)?

This speculation is mostly based on the fact that the Harry story seems to follow a similar pattern to ancient Greek and Roman epic myths (a la Homer's Oddysey, etc) and I'm just extrapolating the story so far to the conclusion based on these patterns. No actual clues to any of this, though.

Anyway, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Any other clues you've noticed?

Andrea

Could this be Fawks??

Think it has been mentioned somewhere that it is Fawkes

What about the rest of Remus Lupin's family? (Could he have a twin? His name is from the Roman myth of twin brothers Romulus and Remus who were raised by a wolf, after all!) And by the way, what is his middle name (he has Remus L. Lupin on his bag)? I din't think this is significant, just something that bugs me!

Our Remus is an only child I think she had said it somewhere in an interview.

As for Dumbledore's brother, I think he will show up because he was part of the original OOTP :D

Also I think the mirror that Sirius gave to Harry is going to have some relevance, as is the veil otherwise two items which have been put in one with no use at all the other destroying book 5 for me with no good reason :D:huh:

• Showmasters Admin

Here's another thought.

The films are basically stripped down versions of the books, all but the very basic plot and character development is removed to make it fit into 2 hours. JK Rowling is involved in advising on the film, so is obviously going to make sure the bits which seem irrelevant at the time but will be important later on stay in the film.

I'm going to have to go and watch the last 3 films now to see what's in and what's out... :wub:

Andrea

Could this be Fawks??

Think it has been mentioned somewhere that it is Fawkes

it was in book 4

dumbleydore was explaining why the wands f'cked up like they did, and infact the quote is...

this pheonix infact
(well its sumething like that

and he indictaes to too fawkes.

Andrea, you posted so much, my eyes bleeded

Edited by ILoveMerry

Also in the past you had three close friends and a fourth friend who tagged along and who eventually betrayed them (James, Sirius, Remus and Peter) and now you have three close friends (Harry, Ron and Hermione). So will history repeat itself, or will it nearly repeat itself and then the fourth person redeme themselves at the last minute. And who is the fourth; Neville?

no, i don't think neville, he lost his parents (kinda) to the death eaters/voldemort and i don't think he would.

maybe some one who is obsessed with fame and people who people look up to/respect/admire and my thinking leads to colin creavy, maybe with little dennis thrown in. colin would be easily seduced by power and glory that voldemort would offer, and because he craves it so (noticeable in bk2, when he thinks he'll get status with all the HP he takes) he'll join voldemort.

if any of that makes sense....

Hannah

xxx

first of all isnt professor R.J lupin not R.L lupin?!?

and i think colin creevy is the half blood prince!! coz we dont know ne thing about his mother and she must have bin a witch otherwise dennis wouldnt be magical as well as colin!!

i also think ron and hermione will eventually get together, soo obvious they like each other!!! but there aould be a cruel twist like one of them gets killed just after confessing their love to the other, that would be really mean though!

In book three (I think) Dumbledore mentions he has a brother. Is this significant?

Both Harry and Voldemort's wands contain a phoenix tail feather, the only 2 given by that particular bird. Could this be Fawks??

As for speculation, I reckon that Snape will die saving Harry's life (thus repaying his debt to James and also forcing Harry to re-evaluate someone he's always considered an enemy).

Ron and Hermione will end up together eventually (kind of obvious), but will they suffer the same fate as James and Lilly (history repeating itself again)?

i think that dumbledores brother will be important yes. when i was at the edinburgh book festival someone asked if the person harry recognised at the bar in hogmeade (book 5) was dumbledores brother. jk didnt admit it 100% but she certainly left us believing thats who it was.

the feathers in harry and voldemorts wands are from fawkes. im sure dumbledore admits this in one of the books somewhere.

i like the idea that snape will die saving harry. there is soemthing very poetic about it. dont knwo if it will happen though because maybe snape feels his dept was repaid when he aved harry from the jinx that quirrel was using in book one.

this thing about having a friend betray the trio??? i like that. i think its very possible. but i dont think it will be neville. i think its more like to be... um... i believe it was seamus that fell out with harry in book 5. so i think maybe him.

i really really hope that ron and hermione dont suffer the same fate as james and lily. i want them both to live happily ever after.

as for other clues.... what about the quick spell course that filch was taking? that hasnt come up again yet? or maybe the mirror that sirius gave harry?

=x=

• Showmasters Admin
first of all isnt professor R.J lupin not R.L lupin?!?

Yeh, sorry you're right. I was tired when I typed that!

That middle name was really bugging me, so thanks for the answer. Bit disappointed though. I mean... John! Honestly! It would be much better as Julius. Or Justinian. Or Jonas... (goes off to find a list of boys names starting with J to find a better name)

Andrea

Snape dying to save Harry,,,,,,,,Intriging. That would be good if that were to happen. Yes it dose seem to have the feeling of histroy repeating itself so the fourth friend betrayal seemsto work.

Of course,,, I've not read the books so I'm guessing that I'mmissing an awafal lot by going on what appears in the movies alone.