what is the date of lfcc 3 please

finalfrontier

please tell us showmasters the date of the next lfcc. i thought it would be not until the end of the year but looking at a web site in the usa who sells at your show they state that it is the 5th and 6th march 2005 if this is the case when will you be listing the guests signing at the show???

i was wondering as this is before collectormania 7 and guest are already on the site but the show is not until the end of april over a month after this date in march?

please can you confirm the date for us

many thanks

Edited by finalfrontier

• Moderators

The date or other details have not actually been confirmed/announced yet, and I think Showmasters are working on it all before they make an announcement so don't go making plans. Those dates WERE the original plan as they were advertised on a flyer BUT the situation is obviously different now.

any mods/SM people reading:

du think you guys could possibly PIN one of these numerous posts about the date for LFACC3 in order to stop people repeatedly asking for it!!!! :lol:

:P

cheers!!!

surfy sah xx :D

ps-Final Frontier-that date is correct as far as we all know ;)

The date or other details have not actually been confirmed/announced yet, and I think Showmasters are working on it all before they make an announcement so don't go making plans. Those dates WERE the original plan as they were advertised on a flyer BUT the situation is obviously different now.

Why is it obviously different now?

• Moderators

From Showmasters' statement:

We will post full details of the changes to the event as soon as we can, ( and expect to be in a position to do this in the next week or so ), and we would suggest that anyone wishing to make specific arrangements holds fire until then.

In my opinion, this would say that it's not guaranteed that it'll be taking place in March, or they'd say go ahead n book for then, right? So .. that's the only reason I'm saying it might not be! :firedevil:

From Showmasters' statement:

We will post full details of the changes to the event as soon as we can, ( and expect to be in a position to do this in the next week or so ), and we would suggest that anyone wishing to make specific arrangements holds fire until then.

In my opinion, this would say that it's not guaranteed that it'll be taking place in March, or they'd say go ahead n book for then, right? So .. that's the only reason I'm saying it might not be! :firedevil:

maybe... but couldnt that just be about the guests and improvements within the show? does it have to mean dates?

oh i dunno. like i said. i'll be there no matter what.

=x=

• Moderators

Yep, it could mean that too! Twas just my opinion!

AND ... the original post asked for confirmed dates ... and March has not actually been confirmed by Showmasters at all, not in their statement or on the forum like Collectormania has. It may have been on the flyer at LFACC2 but that was a while ago now :firedevil:

any mods/SM people reading:

du think you guys could possibly PIN one of these numerous posts about the date for LFACC3 in order to stop people repeatedly asking for it!!!! :D

:lol:

cheers!!!

surfy sah xx :firedevil:

ps-Final Frontier-that date is correct as far as we all know :firedevil:

The statement is already pinned that should tell people what they need to know :D

Yep, it could mean that too! Twas just my opinion!

AND ... the original post asked for confirmed dates ... and March has not actually been confirmed by Showmasters at all, not in their statement or on the forum like Collectormania has. It may have been on the flyer at LFACC2 but that was a while ago now :firedevil:

wow! really?

its really strange how we all just assumed the dates. i really thought they had been announced at least somewhere.

=x=

• Moderators

Well with (1) the website (2) the forum section title and (3) their statement ALL not mentioning a specific date ... that's what made me think that's maybe what they meant when they were saying don't book anything etc, cuz the date probably isn't confirmed yet :firedevil: but again, this is just me speculating and I don't know a damn thing :lol: best to be safe and not assume ANYTHING as concrete until details are released tho ...

I also though the whole "don't book anything" thing in SM's statement more implied change of venue / changes/ammendments to the event not a change of date :D

if there is ANY doubt that that is NOT the correct date SM need to say so or should have made that more clear.

it's understandable things are changing and they need to sort it out :lol: but some people may have already booked time off work from dates previously issued (e.g. flyers) or need to book time off soon. booking hotels more last minute isn't THAT big a deal but getting time off or organising childcare or travel etc can be.

I don't want to be labbelled as "vocal" here or anything but I would have thought the date was one of the most imporant bits of info about an event, whether it's in Wembley or not doesn't really matter THAT much as it's the LONDON FACC so ! :D

want to make it clear that I am NOT demanding an answer, just saying if there's ANY doubt about the date then please consider (SM) to just mention that rather than wait till confirmation on a new/different date as the SM statment says details might not be confirmed till next week or the week after, which is like 6weeks to the event (using current dates) and it might be too late for people to change plans then :o

surfy sah xx :angry:

Well I shouldn't think dates will change as they have already been publicising it on the flyers along with a few guests (including Dean Stockwell!), if they changed the dates they'd lose those guests almost definitely.

It would be nice to have dates confirmed/not confirmed though as I have several friends who are trying to organise hotels and things, one of whom is disabled and needs a hotel very close to the venue (and therefore needs to book fairly early).

• Moderators

They did not state the dates in their statement, only that LFACC is not cancelled.

So, for now, everyone is better off assuming NOTHING .. no venue, no date, NOTHING .. don't book anything, as they've said, cuz we don't know what's going on.

That's the safest way of dealing with things.

Well I shouldn't think dates will change as they have already been publicising it on the flyers along with a few guests (including Dean Stockwell!), if they changed the dates they'd lose those guests almost definitely.

IF the dates are changing, its possile that they're trying to arrange dates that will suit the current guests.

IF the dates are changing, its possile that they're trying to arrange dates that will suit the current guests.

its possible but i still think its highly unlikely.

=x=