IAN MACKELLEN'S PLAY

Poppy

I went to see aladdin on saturday - it was okay, my mum loved it but I was a bit distressed to see the great sir ian mackellen dressed up as a women (he was widow twanky!) there was only about one lotr reference as well!!!!

also i was a bit annoyed ( ya know, i;m usually quite good tempered - pippinweasley back me up here! but i have had a bad week!) because i had asked at stage door before the performance and they told me ian was not there, so i waited two hours and then they came out and told me that he had been there since the morning. WHAT MEAN STAGE DOOR STAFF.

and i waited afterwards but he did not come out BUT I did meet alan cummings, who was visiting ian mackellen and he was fab!

Also, I would hate to see the old vic before kevin spacey took it over - we were quite high up and none of the staff knew which level our seats were on or anything and then when we finally found our tier the usher sent us into the kitchen on the way to our seats!!!!

the seats were really cramped, there was no binoculars and it was really really hot in there - so overall not enjoyable conditions!!!!

So my verdict on the play = okay

my verdict on the old vic = the worst theatre i have ever been in in my whole life and i have been in loads! B)

i was gonna go and see the philedelphia story with kevin spacey in it in may, but i'm having second thoughts about ever going to the theatre again esp with the mean stage door staff who let me stand in the freezing cold for 2 hours!!! B)

i can;t go back to see him else i would...................i live 2 hours away and its not even if the old vic is in the centre of london - its quite a trek from marylebone station! I just can;t believe how mean the stage door staff are....the stage door staff at the gielgud (where christian slater is) are lovely, so i wasn;t expecting them to lie. It would have made more sense if they had said that he was already in when he wasn;t but to lie, so i stood in the cold was mega mean!!

The old vic is the worst theatre i have ever been too - the first thing they should do is get seating plans up everyone and make the ushers learn them!!!

thanks mate!! :huh: ohmygod, as u were posting that in this thread i was aking u in the other thread whether u had got it! freaky.

Your welcome, i look forward to seeing ya soon.

lotsa of love

hahahaha! what are we like?

yes i got it safe and sound. thanks hun. i'll be sure to write back when i can.

=x=

Ok, I saw this play tonight, I thought it was funny! Sir Ian in womens clothing shouldn't distress you - it is a pantomime after all! One direct LOTR reference yes, but there was the whole thing about the magic ring as well. Enjoy it for what it was, a pantomime!

Oh, and I hung around afterwards and after about 40 mins had managed to get Maureen Lipman in the programme and Sir Ian on a Gandalf photo I'd printed and taken with me. The man is charming :o Had no real contact with the stage door security bloke, though I can understand from watching him why you might consider him mean!!

I wish I could go see it! again usual thing of no £ :lol:

Im surprised you found him difficult, i know it was a long time ago (in the early 70's!) but my mum met Ian 3 times when he was on stage, she wrote to him each time and he agreed to meet her after the play! She got taken through the stage door and met him outside his dressing room! he signed for her and was happy to chat! I know ppl can change but I'm sure it was just an off day or something!

i just didn;t enjoy the pantomine i dunno why, i normally do! I just think i would enjoy seeing ian mackellen more in something serious!

i'm glad no-one else got sent into the kitchen!

and i;m happy that everyone else is enjoying it! I think probably i was just having a 'beths feelin bloody miserable week!' :D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D