THE FRANK OZ, MARK HAMILL APPRECIATION THREAD

Yodas'stuntman

Well after watching Labyrinth the other night, yeah ok a bit sad, but this time it was on dvd and there was a massive documentary and yay Frank oz did work on the film too.  So erm yeah Frank Oz please!!!!!!!

Did he do Dark Crystal as well????  Or am I totally barking up the wrong tree?

Scrap this its not Frank Oz I was thinking of but possibly George Lucas. Now he's the one that did Star Wars.

So what the heck did Frank Oz do then??? He was in Star Wars yes??? No???? Eeeeek ignore me I've gone and got myself all confused now LOL

Yeah Frank directed Dark Crystal. Any bloke thats worked on Dark Crystal, Muppets, Monsters Inc and Star Wars should rightly take his place at C7 or a LFACC.

Oh yeah and he had a cameo in a film i watched the other night American Werewolf in London ;)

Yeah I do remember Dark Crystal being watched, but I've never actually seen it, can you believe that. Although the clip i have seen of it makes it look like its a childrens film, so might get it out of the library and check it out.

Is all of Franks work to do with puppets then???? Because some of the puppets are absolutely brilliant. I'm going to watch the making of Labyrinth again and this time pay more attention as to what he did in the film.

It turned out that the guy I was thinking of was George Lucas. I remembered seeing his name crop up all over the place in films like Willow, Land Before Time, Indiana Jones and i daresay there may well be other films I have seen his name in.

Does he have his own film company as well?? You know at the start of the film it says who done the film, like LOTR is done by Newline Cinema, well does he have his own company??? Because I'm bloody sure I see things like a Lucas film, but I'm not if its him or not. If it is what other films did he do?

Frank Oz started out with the puppet work and then moved onto directing...Most recent was his remake of the stepford wives starring Nicole Kidman :(

Someone will no doubt add more...hey Yoda's Stuntman...help me out here buddy!!! :angry:

Lucasfilm is George Lucas's film company...Doesn't always mean he directed, etc (He's only directed 4 that I know of..American Graffeti, THX 1138, Star Wars Episodes 4 and 1). Lucas also own's Industrial Light and Magic which i believe deals with 50%+ of ALL movie special effects.....someone please tell me if this is true?

Once again....Frank Oz for C7

Frank also directed The Score, Bowfinger with eddie murphy, Dirty Rotten Scondrels and little shop of horrors and lets not forget his best role yet. . . . . the voice of ANIMAL! from the muppets :P

Wow he did Little Shop Of Horros, I love that film, so crap and yet so brilliant LOL!!!!!!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after watching Labyrinth the other night, yeah ok a bit sad, but this time it was on dvd and there was a massive documentary and yay Frank oz did work on the film too.  So erm yeah Frank Oz please!!!!!!!

Scrap this its not Frank Oz I was thinking of but possibly George Lucas. Now he's the one that did Star Wars.

So what the heck did Frank Oz do then??? He was in Star Wars yes??? No???? Eeeeek ignore me I've gone and got myself all confused now LOL

Yeah Frank directed Dark Crystal. Any bloke thats worked on Dark Crystal, Muppets, Monsters Inc and Star Wars should rightly take his place at C7 or a LFACC.

Oh yeah and he had a cameo in a film i watched the other night American Werewolf in London ;)

Yeah I do remember Dark Crystal being watched, but I've never actually seen it, can you believe that. Although the clip i have seen of it makes it look like its a childrens film, so might get it out of the library and check it out.

Is all of Franks work to do with puppets then???? Because some of the puppets are absolutely brilliant. I'm going to watch the making of Labyrinth again and this time pay more attention as to what he did in the film.

It turned out that the guy I was thinking of was George Lucas. I remembered seeing his name crop up all over the place in films like Willow, Land Before Time, Indiana Jones and i daresay there may well be other films I have seen his name in.

Does he have his own film company as well?? You know at the start of the film it says who done the film, like LOTR is done by Newline Cinema, well does he have his own company??? Because I'm bloody sure I see things like a Lucas film, but I'm not if its him or not. If it is what other films did he do?

Frank Oz started out with the puppet work and then moved onto directing...Most recent was his remake of the stepford wives starring Nicole Kidman :P

Someone will no doubt add more...hey Yoda's Stuntman...help me out here buddy!!! :(

Lucasfilm is George Lucas's film company...Doesn't always mean he directed, etc (He's only directed 4 that I know of..American Graffeti, THX 1138, Star Wars Episodes 4 and 1). Lucas also own's Industrial Light and Magic which i believe deals with 50%+ of ALL movie special effects.....someone please tell me if this is true?

Yeah 'i wanted to see Stepford wives, looks a cool chic mivie that does.

Well this Geroge Lucas and Frank oz gets around a bit don't they LOL.

Well in that case I'll add my support to Frank Oz and also to Mark Hamill as i know it would blow fans away if he did ever come to a convention. But me also want to add George Lucas, it would be great to mee some people who work behind the scenes in film. Lets face it they help big time to create the magic of films!!!! Plus it would make great talks!!!!

Frank Oz started out with the puppet work and then moved onto directing...Most recent was his remake of the stepford wives starring Nicole Kidman :wub:

Someone will no doubt add more...hey Yoda's Stuntman...help me out here buddy!!! :D

Frank also directed The Score, Bowfinger with eddie murphy, Dirty Rotten Scondrels and little shop of horrors and lets not forget his best role yet. . . . . the voice of ANIMAL! from the muppets ;)

Cheers buddy ;)

Frank Oz started out with the puppet work and then moved onto directing...Most recent was his remake of the stepford wives starring Nicole Kidman :wub:

Someone will no doubt add more...hey Yoda's Stuntman...help me out here buddy!!! :D

Yeah 'i wanted to see Stepford wives, looks a cool chic mivie that does.

Well this Geroge Lucas and Frank oz gets around a bit don't they LOL.

Well in that case I'll add my support to Frank Oz and also to Mark Hamill as i know it would blow fans away if he did ever come to a convention. But me also want to add George Lucas, it would be great to mee some people who work behind the scenes in film. Lets face it they help big time to create the magic of films!!!! Plus it would make great talks!!!!

Lucas would be my ultimate guest...

Oz, Hamill and Lucas for C7

;)

100 % With you !!!!!!!!!!

What about Dennis lawson aswell ?

I dont think he is in a good mood with SW

he has refused a cameo in EP3, and he doesnt like the prequels

and Ive heard he doesnt sign SW stuff anymore :P

sad :wub:

Edited by Skylover