Travelling to LFCC2

I just checked again and it still says...

Wembley Park Station: Southbound Jubilee Line trains and certain Metropolitan Line services will not serve the station until February due to rebuilding work

Does anyone have a definitive answer on what this means yet, does it mean I will be able to get a train from Baker Street to Finchley Road then get on the Jubilee line to Wembley Park as I would class that as a Northbound train and it doesnt say anything on the website about problems with Northbound trains but when I put that route into the route planner it comes up with problems, its all very confusing  :wub:

I'm getting from my questioning of the tube that no tubes will be serving Wembley Park but there will be a replacement bus service 'B' that goes from Willsden Green on the Jubilee line to Wembley Park station :unsure:

Right Ok i think I have finally cleared my route up....

EDIT- The Jubilee line will only operate as far neasden apparently but the bus for Wembley Park only goes from Willsden Green so you will need to get off there and catch the bus replacement named service 'B'

Hope that helps to clear stuff up B)

Edited by Muffin

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed there was a bus replacement but it said it would take like 41mins so will just go to the Wembley Central station which is only a 21min trip, should hopefully arrive at LFCC just as the doors are opening so wont get the best tickets but as long as I stay until 4pm I should get to meet everyone I want.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

just get the over ground train from Marylebone station to wembley stadium station.

the trains are every half an hour.

they run til about midnight

it only takes 9 minutes

there is no confusion about tube stations being closed.

its closer to the exhibition halls.

in all.. i think its much simpler.

=x=

just get the over ground train from Marylebone station to wembley stadium station.

it only takes 9 minutes

=x=

That's exactly what I'm doing! ok the journey would be easier if wembley park was open but as it's not, i don't fancy long walks or bus rides so a train from Marylebone station is the way for me!

Hey and if you get a oneday travel card for up to zone 4 your journey should be covered! (actually i'm getting one for all zones then it's a no brainer!) :blush:

it only takes 9 minutes

=x=

That's exactly what I'm doing! ok the journey would be easier if wembley park was open but as it's not, i don't fancy long walks or bus rides so a train from Marylebone station is the way for me!

Hey and if you get a oneday travel card for up to zone 4 your journey should be covered! (actually i'm getting one for all zones then it's a no brainer!) B)

After researching a little more, I think I will be going the overground route also, my train arrives at Paddington at 7:98 so my plan is..

Leave Paddington at 08:05 - Arrive at Marylebone Station at 08:08 = Time Taken 3mins

Leave Marylebone Station at 08:17 - Arrive at Wembley Stadium Station 08:26 = Time Taken 9mins

I have a question though, will a Zones 1-4 Day Travel Card defently cover me for the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium journey or are we hoping it will? as I dont want to be suprised on the day.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

This is my journey:

Station

Wolverhampton: Arrives at 05:36

Birmingham International: Arrives at 06:09

Leamington Spa: Arrives at 06:36

High Wycombe: Arrives at 07:56

Wembley Stadium: Arrives at 08:35

That's alot of switch overs.....but as long as it gets me there, who gives a poo??

Is this going via The Chiltern Railways??? As I to will be travelling from Wolverhampton

I have a question though, will a Zones 1-4 Day Travel Card defently cover me for the Marylebone to Wembley Stadium journey or are we hoping it will? as I dont want to be suprised on the day.

Well a one day travel card should cover you for any bus, tube, train or DLR journey just as long as you have a card to cover the required zones.

I'm coming from Kenley station, which is just in zone 6 (!) so hence the fact easiest just to get an all zones ticket.

Have a nose here for more info:Travelcards

it only takes 9 minutes

=x=

Hey and if you get a oneday travel card for up to zone 4 your journey should be covered! (actually i'm getting one for all zones then it's a no brainer!) :(

After researching a little more, I think I will be going the overground route also, my train arrives at Paddington at 7:98 so my plan is..

Leave Paddington at 08:05 - Arrive at Marylebone Station at 08:08 = Time Taken 3mins

Leave Marylebone Station at 08:17 - Arrive at Wembley Stadium Station 08:26 = Time Taken 9mins

woo! people have come around to my way of thinking!

*basks in her glory and plans to take over the world* mwhahahahaha!

*ahem* yeah... as i was saying. much simpler!! teehee!

=x=

=x=

lol! It's due to Wembley Park being up the s*** that I'm now doing it this way, if that was open then i'd be going up there...

Oh well... now all i've got to do is decide what time to get there... before 8, 8.15? later?!? ;)

This is my journey:

Station

Wolverhampton: Arrives at 05:36

Birmingham International: Arrives at 06:09

Leamington Spa: Arrives at 06:36

High Wycombe: Arrives at 07:56

Wembley Stadium: Arrives at 08:35

That's alot of switch overs.....but as long as it gets me there, who gives a poo??

The reason i'm asking is ive made enquiries with the various train stations and the earliest train i can get there is after 9am and thats the same route and times u have quoted I hope they are wrong cause I was hoping to get the same route. Any advice???

the only advice i have is to go into your train station or call national rail and ask for a train route that will get you into wembly before 9. they might give you hell of a lot of silly changes but if it gets you there...... id say it was woth it. they'll give you times too.

=x=

=x=

:D

I think I will also be taking the same route!

Ive got my travel sorted now, after phoning virgin trains they didnt have a clue and gave me real crap times richard branson u should shoot ur staff and employ monkies or something cause they could do a better job!

Chiltern Trains was alot more helpful although the train times that they gave me still got me there after 9am which was a bit crap. So ive booked a ticket on the national express coach to travel through the night and that way I can get my head down on the way there, i get dropped off at marylebourne (sorry if ive spelt that wrong) and just catch a train to wembley stadium station, what im going to do as getting a coach back i have to travel to the other side of london as there isnt a coach from marylebourne i am going to get one of those saver return tickets, although i will be only using it get home, apartely its cheaper to get a return then a single which doesnt make much sense. I know its going to cost me more to get there but its the only way I can get there before 9 so stuff it im doing that

I've had to change my plans too, I went down to the Train Station and asked about the times I posted here earlier and they confirmed that there was such a route, so the times I posted earlier were there, they offered me tickets for it there on the spot, but then a higher up member of staff came across and said it would be much less hassle if I caught a train from Wolverhampton to Wembley Central, so I did that, I now have my Train tickets in hand, and they only cost £9.50 aswell!!!! Here's my new journey:

05:36- Depart Wolverhampton

07:43- Arrive at Watford Junction

CHANGE OVER!!!!

08:03- Depart Watford Junction

08:26- Arrive at Wembley Central

It is said to be a 20 minute walk to the Wembley complex from here, but we have opted to 'Taxi it' instead, so I should be in the arena about 5 minutes before I originally planned, so all's well that ends well.....

When I went to the train station they didn't have a clue so I thought f**k it and opted for the coach there and train back way well p*ssed off with all the hassle I have had with the train companies they are all crap and dont know the meaning of customer service. Glad I dont travel on the trains that often. Much happier now and glad to see everyone is getting stuff sorted

I've had to change my plans too, I went down to the Train Station and asked about the times I posted here earlier and they confirmed that there was such a route, so the times I posted earlier were there, they offered me tickets for it there on the spot, but then a higher up member of staff came across and said it would be much less hassle if I caught a train from Wolverhampton to Wembley Central, so I did that, I now have my Train tickets in hand, and they only cost £9.50 aswell!!!! Here's my new journey:

05:36- Depart Wolverhampton

07:43- Arrive at Watford Junction

CHANGE OVER!!!!

08:03- Depart Watford Junction

08:26- Arrive at Wembley Central

It is said to be a 20 minute walk to the Wembley complex from here, but we have opted to 'Taxi it' instead, so I should be in the arena about 5 minutes before I originally planned, so all's well that ends well.....

When I went to the train station they didn't have a clue so I thought f**k it and opted for the coach there and train back way well p*ssed off with all the hassle I have had with the train companies they are all crap and dont know the meaning of customer service. Glad I dont travel on the trains that often. Much happier now and glad to see everyone is getting stuff sorted

Yeah, had the same hassle, half the staff there had no idea what I was talking about, and thought I was crazy for wanting a train to Wembley Stadium, when I got through to this hot looking girl, she knew what was what, same goes for this oldish guy, they're the only two I deal with nowadays, because they don't look at me as though i've asked them to split an atom.....

A fit chic in wolvo thats a first most are mingers mind u the fit ones are stuck up there on spam!

Glad you got it sorted U had prbs gettin my coach ticket as nation express told me they didnt do them until I pointed out that they do and what time it run etc..... You can always rely on the public to tell travel companies there job lol

I need to get from Heathrow (Thistle hotel) to Wembley Stadium on the friday. Does anyone know roughly how much a taxi would be? I so hate the underground and want to avoid it if I can.

Thanks

Piglet

xox

im not sure how much it would be for a taxi but my guess would be... A LOT!!!

if you dont like the underground im not sure what else to suggest. sorry. bus maybe?

=x=

Nyyyer, I'm gonna CRY.

I'm so confused about trains. This is the first time I've had to go to London on my own, and I'm really scared. Especially since it'll be pitch black when I arrive on the Friday night. Ugh.

I'm going from Aylesbury to Wembley Stadium...

So..

Aylesbury -->Marylebone --> Wembley.

It's backwards, I swear.

Does anyone know how far the Quality Inn Hotel is from Wembley Stadium station?

the quality isnt too far away. just turn left out of the station and keep walking. you will eventually come the hotel on your left. i would say its about 10-15 minutes walk. but its a straight road with no corners, just a few roads to cross, so you should be fine!

=x=

Hi,

when I use the journey Planner route details to go from Waterloo to Wembley Stadium, I have this warning concerning Marylebone station. Not sure what they mean by no entry .... :unsure:

MARYLEBONE STATION: No entry between 0735 - 0930 Mon- Fri until approx. 2005 due to escalator modernization work.

As I will be there on saturday, am I right thinking that this won't be a problem ??