Allo Allo cast reunion !

dufresne

(groan) thanks Greedo ! As for the rest of you - quote me the text from ShowMasters websites that restricts their events to "fantasy, horror and sci-fi"?? There is an awful snobbery in the collecting world, especially with newer fans of glossy american shows like BTVS and Stargate:Recycled. Who's to say there isn't a market for these sort of guests ?? :D:angry::angry:

Thanks guys :lol:

Allo Allo was hilarious

I even went to see it on Stage as well, at the Palladium I think. Can't really remember as I was some what younger then.

I still watch all the repeats on UK Gold, so it would get my vote.

A British Classic !

Zee Flashing Knobs

It is I LeClerc !

You Stupid Woman

etc etc

gee i didn't know the a-team was a sci fi show or that wrestling had anything to do with horror or scifi etc......

The A-Team has a massive cult following and is a hell of a lot more famous than 'Allo, 'Allo plus it starred a respected actor, George Peppard (Battle Beyond The Stars) and Dirk Benedict (Battlestar Galactica).

And as for wrestling - I'm still wondering why they are invited to these things although some of them do appear in movies, mostly sci-fi.

Edited by nicky

quote me the text from ShowMasters websites that restricts their events to "fantasy, horror and sci-fi"??

"BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES AND CULT TV SERIES INCLUDING STAR WARS, STAR TREK, BUFFY, STARGATE, ETC."

-from the LFCC page near the bottom.

If you look at the previous line-ups for the cons you'll see that 95% of the guests are sci-fi/fantasy/horror or cult. The other 5% are wrestlers I guess.

Sci-fi/fantasy/horror or cult guests are drawn to these things because there is a loyal fanbase which is made up of "geeks" and "fanboys". There are no such fans of that intensity for shows like 'Allo, 'Allo which is why you won't find merchandise like 'Allo, 'Allo the statuette, action figure or model kit but for everything else including wrestling and yes, even The A-Team you will.

Edited by nicky

quote me the text from ShowMasters websites that restricts their events to "fantasy, horror and sci-fi"??

"BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES AND CULT TV SERIES INCLUDING STAR WARS, STAR TREK, BUFFY, STARGATE, ETC."

If you look at the previous line-ups for the cons you'll see that 95% of the guests are sci-fi/fantasy/horror or cult. The other 5% are wrestlers I guess.

Sci-fi/fantasy/horror or cult guests are drawn to these things because there is a loyal fanbase which is made up of "geeks" and "fanboys". There are no such fans of that intensity for shows like 'Allo, 'Allo which is why you won't find merchandise like 'Allo, 'Allo the statuette, action figure or model kit but for everything else including wrestling and yes, even The A-Team you will.

hey, i would buy a little gruber with his little tank :wub:

Quite a few of the original Allo Allo cast are now sadly dead.

Carmen Silvera died either last year or earlier this year (not sure, but it was fairly recent), and the oldish actor who played the Nazi Colonel also died this year.

And Kenneth Connor has been dead for a few years now.

It was a very funny show in it's time, but having seen it recently, it's not aged well at all and was extremely cringe inducing.

But the "Sam Kelly-trousers-Cuckoo Clock" scene will forever be halirious. :lol:

Respect

Admiral Bear

Respect

1. That doesn't RESTRICT it to sci-fi 'n' all

2. It's near the BOTTOM of the website, so it's incidental

3. The list of examples is NOT exhaustive

Judging by the traffic in this thread, it's about a 50/50 split ......

hey, i would buy a little gruber with his little tank :rolleyes:

What the hell is a "gruber" and who's little tank????!?!?!!?!!

You wouldn't understand. It was made outside America, by people who's acting ability isn't overtaken by their good looks ! :unsure:

what a strange suggestion... I LOVE IT! :D

hm... is Gordon Kaye still alive? :hathor::wub:

"stupid womaaaan!"

heheheh.

I think he is.

Interesting suggestion this whole Allo Allo thing. I really liked this programme when it was on and always watch it when its repeated on BBC1. However I recently bought the first two series on DVD (They were cheap in HMVs sale) and Ihave to say having watched a few more its not really as funny as I remember it.

I'm not sure if it got funnier as it went on, after all this series is set before the Italian guy came on and I don't think Gruber was as central a character as he was later on.

I don't know if I'd want a full on reunion, as someone else has said a few main actors have passed away, but I think Guy Siner would be a good guest by himself.

If I amke so bold though, rather than an Allo Allo reunion, how about a Secret Army reunion. This was the serious drama that Allo Allo was spoofing. A great cast and a very well made series. Michael Culver who was in it also played Captain Needa in Star Wars