Pre-ordering tickets for LFCC2

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: huh...

Hows that going to work then cause the price is dependant on what time you turn up at, not unless theres one set price / one price at the door and another online / one early bird door price, one normal price door, and one online price

:lol:

• Showmasters Admin
:unsure: huh...

Hows that going to work then cause the price is dependant on what time you turn up at, not unless theres one set price / one price at the door and another online / one early bird door price, one normal price door, and one online price

:D

At another event that I will not mention the prices on-line are the same as at the door (apart from a booking fee).

If you buy an early bird ticket and don't get there early, tough.

If you buy a normal time ticket, you don't get let in until after the early bird time.

Simple. B)

I hate etickets, something always goes wrong with them being sent out and being checked on the day. It would be easier to pay on the door, but thats just my opinion. Sending out tickets in the post can cause problems too, theres always someone who doesn't get their tickets.

I always get my train tickets in advance so wouldnt mind getting my early bird ticket for LFCC2 in advance as long as it isnt an e-ticket as the other event I attending which sent out e-tickets was very underhand about it. They charged for p&p the first time when nothing was actually being posted and this time they said all tickets would be posted then after I had ordered my tickets they changed the price then changed all tickets to e-tickets and upped the price by £1 without even telling me.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I always get my train tickets in advance so wouldnt mind getting my early bird ticket for LFCC2 in advance as long as it isnt an e-ticket as the other event I attending which sent out e-tickets was very underhand about it. They charged for p&p the first time when nothing was actually being posted and this time they said all tickets would be posted then after I had ordered my tickets they changed the price they changed all tickets to e-tickets and upped the price by £1 without even telling me.

I know that feeling!

I am getting a coach from Bristol on Friday night then staying with my Brother at Mitcham over the weekend. On Saturday I shall be catching an underground train in the morning so I will get the early bird ticket.

I thought the early bird ticket would be cheaper because I would be getting up at 7am. Why it is the wrong way around?

Early Bird is always more expensive than standard entry because you get first dips of all the goodies inside be it bargains that the dealers are offering or be it guest tickets, that is the main reason why I always go Early Bird, I would rather pay extra and get a guest ticket in the 200s-300s than pay the standard price and get a ticket in the 500-800s which is what happened at LFCC with some guests, all the best tickets had already gone by 10am so alot of people had to wait around alot longer where as I saw finished by about 1pm.

Well I arrived at 8:30 and the queue then for Early Bird was very very very very long lol, but once the doors had opened I was inside within 10mins and got pretty good tickets numbers for everyone I wanted to meet but then I hear alot of people went looking round the stalls and when they finally went to get their tickets the numbers they got werent that good so my advice is get there before 8:30 and once inside run to get your tickets, that is what I am going to do :D

get there before 8:30 and once inside run to get your tickets

Probably the best advise for any newbie.

Depends which direction you run though !

For all those that didn't attend LFCC1, the main guests were in a second hangar type hall which was behind the main area where all the dealers were.

They did have the Blakes Seven and the Red Dwarf peeps in this first bit as well, but people like Brent Spiner, John Rys Davies were all in the back hall.

The system work well last time as SM people came down the line early to sell the tickets so that the queue moved quicker.

An early bird ticket system will not work any better as we will end up with one queue which will have those who have purchased early bird tickets and those who need to buy them. They have not got the space to arrange the setting up of two queues outside the building so SHOWMASTERS DO NOT DO IT it will be a farce!!!!

I always get my train tickets in advance so wouldnt mind getting my early bird ticket for LFCC2 in advance as long as it isnt an e-ticket as the other event I attending which sent out e-tickets was very underhand about it. They charged for p&p the first time when nothing was actually being posted and this time they said all tickets would be posted then after I had ordered my tickets they changed the price then changed all tickets to e-tickets and upped the price by £1 without even telling me.

I know that feeling the same was done to me, i have been charged for postage and packing on an eticket, and every time i try to ask them why, they ignore me and delete my posts. They are also very rude and keep changing their plans. The less i have to do with e tickets the better

The system work well last time as SM people came down the line early to sell the tickets so that the queue moved quicker.

An early bird ticket system will not work any better as we will end up with one queue which will have those who have purchased early bird tickets and those who need to buy them. They have not got the space to arrange the setting up of two queues outside the building so SHOWMASTERS DO NOT DO IT it will be a farce!!!!

They had early bird tickets on Saturday already last time, or am I wrong here?

They walked down the line cashing the money just like they did Sunday morning.

The system work well last time as SM people came  down the line early to sell the tickets so that the queue moved quicker.

They had early bird tickets on Saturday already last time, or am I wrong here?

They walked down the line cashing the money just like they did Sunday morning.

Thats exactly right.

However, if they have pre-order early bird tickets then that would be one queue waiting to go in but then they would need a second queue for people wanting to buy early bird tickets on the day. I would expect those who bought tickets in advance to go in first and thn those that pay on the day would go into after that (probably 10-15mins later)

Now if we remember how we queued earlier in the year there is not the room for these two queues outside the building.

SM would really need to think about this queue management issues.

Yeah, I'm not really seeing how its going to work. I'm already picturing the post-con complaints of:

"People got in before me even though I had been queuing up since bla"

"I didn't know you could order the tickets, and so because of my ignorance I'm going to complain that it is unfair and moan"

"Because I can't read right I didn't know there was a difference between the tickets and so it's your problem moan moan"