The stalls

Manbeast

I was disapointed by the stalls this year, I saw an Apocalyipse now poster i wanted for £270 and a set of 3 Platoon figures for £60 :D Anyone else think the stalls are overpriced?

It was also to cramped; Next year the stalls should be down the sides of John lewis, because many people did not have the chance to have a proper look.

Yeah they were overpriced, these dealers are there to make money and nothing else.

I wanted a Stargate Prop Replica and gate which was located near the posters. These cost £250 each plus shipping. I asked the person if he takes Switch and he had no idea what I was talking about so I showed him my card and still he did not know what the card was. Duh!

The stalls were very busy, I had to shove my way through the crowd. There was a few things I wanted but I had just enough for the autographs for the SW guests.

300 stalls were too ambicious. There was a lot of stalls but not that many.

I went to the Star Features stall who where very nice. I complained about my SW DVD which was damaged and asked for an exchange. Werid thing happend, i took my dvd out of my bag and it was sticky. WTF, so they kindly wiped it with tissues. They also gave me discount on the 2005 Stargate Calendar (normally 9.99). They also gave me a choc bar and free pen. They are the nicest ppl I met at the stalls.

Edited by BluebizzieB

Yep they were there all right. I got my first sword. Something I've been thinking about doing for ages but never really got round to until I took the plunge yesterday. The fact my car was parked only about 2 mins walk away may have had something to do with my decision :lol: Their stall was on the John Lewis side, with their back facing John Lewis. In the first aisle if I remember correctly.

Nothing wrong with your memory..that's where they were alright  :lol:

Good, glad the old memory's not going just yet. Now all I have to do is figure out where I'm gonna put the sword. Somehow these things don't come to mind when you're buying it....!!

:lol: I know what you mean. I did the very same thing when I bought a giant Gollum painting from Andy and Emmas stall at C5 :P

It was also to cramped; Next year the stalls should be down the sides of John lewis, because many people did not have the chance to have a proper look.

I agree but what a great idea, spread those stalls around. I went Saturday and today and trying to move through those crowd is near impossible.

the monster shop stall is class, got a Tom Savini dawn of the dead fiure from them today, payed £30 but thought it was worth it!

No way was there 300 stalls though, more like about 70. showmasters continue to promote way more stalls for the event then there actually are. There were far more in the market outside!!

I enquired about having a stall back on C2 or 3, as I have a lot of comics I wanna sell off (ahem)... to be honest, SM have to charge quite a lot to the stall holders to help cover the costs of the event. Therefore, you can imagine that the stallholders are going to try to maximise their sales!

It's like any shopping these days, it's generally cheaper to buy online as the businessess have less overheads.

The print stall (smokeycreatives ???) is the best because the women there is so beautiful! Yes I know she is married and her mum is on the forum/works for showmasters and I know this all came up after C4 but dammit she is mighty fine.

The 300 stalls must have included the 200 retailers that are actually in The Center MK LOL

I was really dissapointed at the stalls the first time i went to Coll. There's not room for pushchairs or wheelchairs. If you stop to chat to anyone or look on a stall you get pushed into and hit as people push by. Very annoying lol