The Party ?!

very disappointing..We are french and we arrived at 7PM with standard tickets...Got our beer, then seated on our chairs for like 2 hours, wondering if this was a typical english party...??Because here in France, as soon as we hear music in a party, we dance !!!

All that young ppl seating on the floor, in the middle of the room ?????weird!!And noone (crewmaster or DJ) to speak !! I was waiting for a welcome on the mike,Or someone to tell us what to expect : when the band, when the costume vote, how to proceed to get the 'special pass'...etc ,some ANIMATION!!!

I guess ppl started to dance around 9 or something, all in the same lil place over there near ' the stage'.....by that time we were wondering if we'd better leave...But we saw the funny cars downstairs: it was obviously the only thing interesting of that 'party'...Nice funny cars...Well, after 1 hour, got fed up with looking at the cars too...Went upstairs; saw the bar: no hope of having another drink, too crowdy...It was the costume election, my friend pushed me there though i didn't feel to go...I was that elvish purple lady with a long black cloak and strange jewels...

Anyway, then we saw some ppl from H POTTER movies: James phelps and devon murray...Then when we left we saw 'neville longbottom' rushing into a looooong limo!! I must say im not sure i saw longer ones in Las Vegas! But i thought the limo was for a customer(i read something about that on the letter going with tickets right?) NOT for the actors?(when i asked the guy about it on sunday he told me :'yeah! it was fun...' sure....)

Just before i saw the guy from Buffy(nicholas something..im not into that show..) Outside, having fun watching cars and ppl with his bodyguards...then he left after 10mn i guess..

and we left too :it was around 10.30 i guess..

Not well organised...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people automatically assume that he would get mobbed? Yes, he has fans but not the kind of people who would stalk him all night. There are the people who would just have been satisfied that he went, those who wouldve just like to say Hi and those who would have liked a chat.

Didnt he know to draw the limit there? Should he have? No, because he quite happily went and enjoyed it. He also has attended The One Ring parties which is organised and attended by fans. He happily mingled there without any bodyguards.

WE didnt want to be in a pokey hole, never mind Billy.

Billy couldve got mobbed, groped and stalked just as easily during the day but he didnt. He could have had a bodyguard close by him on the night too. There were plenty of security there.

I couldnt get to see Billy during the days so it would have been nice to see him, not talk to him, on the night.

IF Billy didnt know about the party (which someone has said) then that is disgusting and possibly a legal issue for Billy there, using his name to sell tickets.

If he did know, he agreed to go, he agreed for his name to be used, he knew what it would entail etc.

I dont see why people think Billy is this HUUUUGE star? Yes, he has a big following but he didnt get what Elijah got when he came. Billy is down to earth, friendly and doesnt have these stalkers you mention from what I can gather (or maybe they just didnt come to C6 lol)

Ummm obviously you didn't see the sheer amount of people who were just standing around staring at him and basically trying to get any space available to get just a look at him or a picture of him when he was signing....this can be quite intimidating for 1 person and probably the reason why some people would think he would get mobbed considering the amount of obssesive hobbit fans there were around him.

Billy couldn't be groped or mobbed during the day because you couldn't get to him unless you were getting something signed.

i do agree though that if his name was on there being advertised that he was going then he should have gone if he knew about it.

unfortunatly a lot of people out there are Massive hobbit fans (why i don't know lol) and since he was one of the 4 main hobbits in the films he will be treated in such a way by them it would make anyone think he was huge star. Yes he wasn't treated as bad as Elijah and thank god for that...that was horrendous and completely uncalled for and he really did have the S**T scared out of him...he loves the fans but the way he was treated by the obssesive ones was disgusting, it was like Pirahnas to freshly cut meat. trust me he does have these stalkers and so so the rest of the guys who played the main hobbits and i would have loved to have seen what would have happned if he had attended the party... considering the amount of underaged and very drunk kids that were there who i wouldn't be suprised are some of the ones constantly going on about him not being there.

you know even Nick brendon (who incidentaly had 3 bodygurads around him at all times when on a break) was stalked by screaming fans who kept trying to take pics of him and there is also a picture on the photo thread of Tom lenk just shopping for shoes, this is also stalking cos you woudn't do that to a normal person would you.

Possibly not the best event i have ever been to bu t i can not make to many bad coments, as i have had to arrange a party for a large number of people (500+) myself (with some help as it is 2 much for one person) and understand the hastles and amount of organising it does take but there are afew things that i would like to offer up as constructive critasism

On a personal level the DJ was bad, not diverse enough for my tastes - I know there is a very good DJ right here on the forum who has had regular spots at our towns most popular night club (and if u ask nicely im sure u could persuade him!)

if u want a band, dont do famous! i know for one my band and i would have played for something as cheep as a gallon of beer and no doubt there are more forum bands willing to do the same (and we'd bring a full PA kit (*PIMP THE BAND!!!!!!!!!*)) then you could have several bands.

as for the BAR, i organised my last event in conference room at a football stadium BUT i didnot use there bar 1) it was expensive to hire let alone buy the drinks 2) there are many rent a bars in my city that sell alcohol at competitive rates - maybe one to tryfor next time - if there is indeed a next time.

and lastly thanks to Nick who got us all to the Bowling Alley, it was a great night, just simply cool & relaxed.

Why do people automatically assume that he would get mobbed? Yes, he has fans but not the kind of people who would stalk him all night. There are the people who would just have been satisfied that he went, those who wouldve just like to say Hi and those who would have liked a chat.

Billy did attend a dinner with fans when he went to ******* and wasnt mobbed, he enjoyed it! Didnt he know to draw the limit there? Should he have? No, because he quite happily went and enjoyed it. He also has attended The One Ring parties which is organised and attended by fans. He happily mingled there without any bodyguards.

Okay, ive not read this whole thread but come on! Billy *so* would have been mobbed. you saw the Hp guests being asked for autos right? I saw Matthew signing in the VIP bar. Which really got me angry.

As far as Billy's other appearnces with fans, the dinner was rather more limited than *this* party, the cost for it being...what was it? £70? £80? for admission, which also makes it unlikely for anyone to want to screw it up by disregarding the rules. And I don't know how the TORN parties work... But I'm assuming they're rather limited too...

I agree there are many there who would have loved just a chat, or just to know he was there. But unfortunatly theres a minority who have NO REGARD to the rules, and the bigger the party... the bigger that minority becomes, and so a bigger problem. Also with a guest as big as Billy, the chances of that minority becoming a problem increases.

Didnt he know to draw the limit there? Should he have? No, because he quite happily went and enjoyed it. He also has attended The One Ring parties which is organised and attended by fans. He happily mingled there without any bodyguards.

WE didnt want to be in a pokey hole, never mind Billy.

Billy couldve got mobbed, groped and stalked just as easily during the day but he didnt. He could have had a bodyguard close by him on the night too. There were plenty of security there.

I couldnt get to see Billy during the days so it would have been nice to see him, not talk to him, on the night.

IF Billy didnt know about the party (which someone has said) then that is disgusting and possibly a legal issue for Billy there, using his name to sell tickets.

If he did know, he agreed to go, he agreed for his name to be used, he knew what it would entail etc.

I dont see why people think Billy is this HUUUUGE star? Yes, he has a big following but he didnt get what Elijah got when he came. Billy is down to earth, friendly and doesnt have these stalkers you mention from what I can gather (or maybe they just didnt come to C6 lol)

Ummm obviously you didn't see the sheer amount of people who were just standing around staring at him and basically trying to get any space available to get just a look at him or a picture of him when he was signing....this can be quite intimidating for 1 person and probably the reason why some people would think he would get mobbed considering the amount of obssesive hobbit fans there were around him.

Billy couldn't be groped or mobbed during the day because you couldn't get to him unless you were getting something signed.

i do agree though that if his name was on there being advertised that he was going then he should have gone if he knew about it.

unfortunatly a lot of people out there are Massive hobbit fans (why i don't know lol) and since he was one of the 4 main hobbits in the films he will be treated in such a way by them it would make anyone think he was huge star. Yes he wasn't treated as bad as Elijah and thank god for that...that was horrendous and completely uncalled for and he really did have the S**T scared out of him...he loves the fans but the way he was treated by the obssesive ones was disgusting, it was like Pirahnas to freshly cut meat. trust me he does have these stalkers and so so the rest of the guys who played the main hobbits and i would have loved to have seen what would have happned if he had attended the party... considering the amount of underaged and very drunk kids that were there who i wouldn't be suprised are some of the ones constantly going on about him not being there.

you know even Nick brendon (who incidentaly had 3 bodygurads around him at all times when on a break) was stalked by screaming fans who kept trying to take pics of him and there is also a picture on the photo thread of Tom lenk just shopping for shoes, this is also stalking cos you woudn't do that to a normal person would you.

People standing there, looking or taking pictures doesnt automatically make them obsessives and stalkers. Not everyone can queue for hours so whats the harm with just having a look or taking a few photos?

Id be more intimidated with a queue of 40, 50 people waiting to see me than a crowd of people watching. But thats just me.

Ive seen a few pics of Billy from C6 where people are leaning across to give him a hug, he could have easily been groped then. Anyone could have pulled a gun, knife out, not let him go, burst into tears, shout insults at him. Its easy to do.

In my eyes, people are only as famous as you want them to be or think they are. "Stars" are just people and I know some hate it when you treat them like they arent ordinary people.

I dont know who Nick Brendon is :/ but, of course, taking pics of him shopping for shoes isnt something you would do to a normal person but neither is queue for hours wanting their autograph either. I dont agree with obsessive fans and stalkers but saying "he is a normal person etc" then "big stars dont want to go to pokey holes" is a bit contradictive.

Just my opinion but I do respect yours and agree some people can be frightening but in my eyes that can be controlled.

Billy did attend a dinner with fans when he went to ******* and wasnt mobbed, he enjoyed it! Didnt he know to draw the limit there? Should he have? No, because he quite happily went and enjoyed it. He also has attended The One Ring parties which is organised and attended by fans. He happily mingled there without any bodyguards.

Okay, ive not read this whole thread but come on! Billy *so* would have been mobbed. you saw the Hp guests being asked for autos right? I saw Matthew signing in the VIP bar. Which really got me angry.

As far as Billy's other appearnces with fans, the dinner was rather more limited than *this* party, the cost for it being...what was it? £70? £80? for admission, which also makes it unlikely for anyone to want to screw it up by disregarding the rules. And I don't know how the TORN parties work... But I'm assuming they're rather limited too...

I agree there are many there who would have loved just a chat, or just to know he was there. But unfortunatly theres a minority who have NO REGARD to the rules, and the bigger the party... the bigger that minority becomes, and so a bigger problem. Also with a guest as big as Billy, the chances of that minority becoming a problem increases.

Well I class Billy having to sign autographs for 600 in one day being mobbed.

I didnt see HP guests get asked for autos, just pics but I heard they were hitting on girls most the night anyway.

Can I just say something???

Whats the good of arguing amongst ourselves?? The people who made this monstrosity of a party is SM!!! They should answer!

And the bottom line is (repeating it again!) Billy was down as a guest, never mind, he wouldve been mobbed etc etc, as far as anyone was aware SM asked him and he agreed, noone held a gun to his head, he wll have been told what was expected and he mustve said yes!!!

SM SHOULDNT HAVE MADE PROMISES, THEY COULDNT KEEP! DONT ADVERTISE WHAT YOU CANT DELIVER!

END OF STORY!!!

Whats the good of arguing amongst ourselves?? The people who made this monstrosity of a party is SM!!! They should answer!

And the bottom line is (repeating it again!) Billy was down as a guest, never mind, he wouldve been mobbed etc etc, as far as anyone was aware SM asked him and he agreed, noone held a gun to his head, he wll have been told what was expected and he mustve said yes!!!

SM SHOULDNT HAVE MADE PROMISES, THEY COULDNT KEEP! DONT ADVERTISE WHAT YOU CANT DELIVER!

END OF STORY!!!

Actually, Showmasters didn't organise the party. They also publically apologised for the bad parts, i.e. the bar, crew party, missing cars etc. But, it was some other guy organising it, and he screwed up. Mark said next year someone from Showmasters will do it properly, with boxes for the cars to drive through and a bar that can handle us all - unfortunately even Showmasters have to learn from their mistakes.

I actually had an amazing time, so I'm not complaining :unsure:.

Just... yeah. Go easy on the whole critcising Showmasters thing: you can tell from CM that they do a damn good job organising stuff given the chance. The person you should rant at is Stuart, the organiser.

Edited by Costa Coffee

no I haven't read the pages of this topic because the net is CRAWLING and I don't have time - busy nursing student here! ;-)

anyways my points, which I'm sure some of might have been mentioned already! :D

- there were quite a few stars there, got there around 8:30pm and saw the HP guys, Daniel Logan (aka young Bobba Fett) Test (wrestler dude), Walter Keonig (ST), Royd Tolkien and other people I know can't mem! that's 10 guests anyways for those who are saying about lack of guests! oow and that's NOT including the Buffy guys and the band so heh!!!! hehe! :P

- running out of drinks/bar complaints etc, NOT a fault of SM but of the venue!

- lack/quality of food, an improvement for next time perhaps but I got a slice and that was 2hours AFTER the party officially started! again prob to do with VENUE!

ummm can't think of anything else right now! :D

possible improvements for next time:

- have times/announcments for when things are happening e.g. costume comp

- too many rooms/corridoors etc, missed band cause in crew room then went to see band encore/ costume comp (which had finished) and then missed crew stuff e.g. appreciation speech :(

venue stuff: (NOTHING to do with SM just mentioning it :lol: )

- more bar staff serving, SPESH VIP room

- more drink stock, they ran out of Smirnoff Ice!!!

- be politer to party goers/paying attendees, they were really quite rude at end of night when it was closing down!!

other random things I have thought of :D :

- did I miss crew stuff being in the other room?! :unsure:

- did I miss goody bags?!

- what happened to guest announcements?! ah well never mind sure they will be put up on the forum for everyone to see anyways plus there were a few for LFACC2 and C7 on the flyers :lol:

had a most EXCELLENT time anyways! Common Rotation rocked! thanks to TOO TALL and a crew member called KIT for buying me drinks and huge HELLO to everyone I met there, *hugs*! :P

Surfy Sah xx :D

ps-for those of you who felt you didn't have a good time - try crewing for SM and you will see just how much hard work goes into events. sure post SUGGESTIONS/ CONSTRUCTIVE critisiscms (sp!) but there's no need to be rude or mean! it was the first party and of course a few things will be changed for the next one!

Well guys - I have just spent hours reading and laughing at the most amazing use of sarcasm - well spent so I thought I will add my own.

The one thing they say is that s**t always runs downhill & I guess they just found the guy to dump it on.

Its much bigger to accept responsibility for your own mistakes - after all who hired the elusive Stuart or was he a just a mouse with a little red car and who got to ride in that one

Edited by Brads Mum

Well yes. The party totally wasn't what I was expecting, so it's kinda nice to see that I'm not the only one who felt a bit let down!

It's fair enough if it wasn't built up to be this huge big major thing... but it was. People got their hopes up because of the promises that were made.

I still had some fun though. Had a chat with Royd Tolkien and Oliver Phelps, and Sala kept being his usual funny self. Managed to spend some time with some friends and have a giggle along the way.

But overall I was dissapointed. It was so much smaller than I expected, and totally not what I had pictured.

And I'm glad Billy didn't go. The way that things were, he would have been totally mobbed. I would have been scared for him if he had been there to be honest.

*sighs* never mind eh?? xx

Wow wot a lot of slating can one party get!!!! i thought the elijah vist was slated'but i think this takes the biscuit.

Ok i do agree a lot of stuff was missing but personally me and the hubby did not have great expectations of the party.

Being locals we know the centre well (partly cause we work in it too!!) and have seen improvements over the years with the handling of the event.

therfore not expecting the party to big "the event of a lifetime", However when common rot came on i was quite taken aback they were actually really good.

Then to my friends delight (She was majorly swooning over Royd) we found out the VIP bar became open.

So we went in found some of our fellow work mates and saw Sla and Royd had a nice chat with them, then went and played cars (WOO HOO Aston Martin WOT A SEXY CAR) and then my friend got a kiss on the cheek from Royd and the little madam winged (bex if ur reading this i think u owe mark big, no matter how unprepared!!)

All in all i had a better night than i expected, but i do agree a LOT needs to be improved for next no matter who is to blaim. B)

Edited by nosybird

I totally agree - I was at the David Boreanaz European event with Brad last August and I really felt for the guy as he was walked through the crowds later that day. No-one even cared that he was there - they were just so angry that they had been fleeced (me included) that he must have felt as though he was walking through the gaza strip wearing a target on his back. On a different note it was nice of Nick Brendan & Kelly Donoan to disappear for a 2 and a half hour lunch while we were all queueing for autos!

It wasn't his fault tho - just p$$s poor organisation from as featured on Watchdog - out to to make a lot of money and they even publically blamed him for the whole thing by saying he turned up 2 hours late - yet I found out it was because there had been an accident on the motorway and their staff hadnt been able to get in.

Noboby , celebrity or not, wants to put themselves in that situation and the celebritiues dont want to be associated with that sort of p$$s poor planning. Brad was chatting to Tony Head at C4 after the event and he knew all about it so that where the organisers get hurt. A couple of bad reviews and celebs will be put off coming.

Ditto on Sala, a great guy and it was nice to see his jet lagged face at the party and on Sunday. Long may he continue to support CM.

Lets hope SM put this right and then get it right before the C7 or else I will be bringing the garden chairs - smart casual my ar$e - we should have all brought picnic blankets and worn overalls!

Actually, Showmasters didn't organise the party. They also publically apologised for the bad parts, i.e. the bar, crew party, missing cars etc.

Did they? When was that?

I think some mistakes were made on the advertising, leading some people to perhaps have higher expectations than were realistic. Some things (beyond the control of the organiser) went wonky and perhaps communication failed, but when it came down to it, it was quite a laugh.

Those who left early (i.e. before the band finished) missed the best bits of the party (i.e. the semi-drunken revellry) and I can't understand why anyone would criticise the DJ, who had people dancing after the band was done.

Personally, I wouldn't have had the band, or let them play for so long. Their music wasn't to everyone's taste and wasn't condusive to a party atmosphere. If the second DJ had started earlier, I think it could have been more fun and may even have relieved some of the pressure on the bar (as more people would have been dancing!)

Did they? When was that?

Both Jason and Stef stood up on one of the concrete plinths outside John Lewis and apologised for the mistakes in the party for everyone who was there: it was about as much as they could do, because obviously apologising to everyone who went to the party would be been impossible. At least they admitted it, though, instead of hiding away and denying it.

Did they? When was that?

Both Jason and Stef stood up on one of the concrete plinths outside John Lewis and apologised for the mistakes in the party for everyone who was there: it was about as much as they could do, because obviously apologising to everyone who went to the party would be been impossible. At least they admitted it, though, instead of hiding away and denying it.

Yeah, that's big of them (not intended to be sarcastic!)

Perhaps it would be nice (not essential, but nice) to send a brief letter to those people they sent tickets out to, just to acknowledge the mistakes, apologise and then move on to bigger and better parties?

Just my 2p

Did they? When was that?

Yeah, that's big of them (not intended to be sarcastic!)

Perhaps it would be nice (not essential, but nice) to send a brief letter to those people they sent tickets out to, just to acknowledge the mistakes, apologise and then move on to bigger and better parties?

Just my 2p

i wasn't aware that SM had apologised on sunday.

however, i know (from at least one unidentified person who had been at the crew party) that SM do NOT intend to ever open a party to the public again.

to be honest, while i enjoyed myself enough, the party was s*** compared to what was advertised. there wasn't even any way to figure out the difference in VIP/Standard rooms - i had a vip ticket but only saw the vip room when it didn't really matter what ticket one had....

END OF STORY!!!

Actually, Showmasters didn't organise the party. They also publically apologised for the bad parts, i.e. the bar, crew party, missing cars etc. But, it was some other guy organising it, and he screwed up. Mark said next year someone from Showmasters will do it properly, with boxes for the cars to drive through and a bar that can handle us all - unfortunately even Showmasters have to learn from their mistakes.

I actually had an amazing time, so I'm not complaining :blink:.

Just... yeah. Go easy on the whole critcising Showmasters thing: you can tell from CM that they do a damn good job organising stuff given the chance. The person you should rant at is Stuart, the organiser.

Who took the money at the end of the day? SM? Stuart? BOTH?

Why did SM leave the organising of a huge party to ONE person?

SM do great day events, why couldnt thet do the party too?

Where have they publicly apologised? The apology should be on their hompage for everyone to see.

Apologies dont cut the mustard when people have spent so much money for 1 night (tickets, drinks, transport, accommodation (for some people), costumes etc). A sorry really isnt good enough to me.

Did they get this Stuart off the street? Cos it looks like hes never organised a party in his life!

Maybe they should throw a FREE decent party next time to make up for all the headache most people have gone through.

P.S Did this Stuart have a dark suit on and glasses? Cos if he did, he pushed infront of me in the queue at the bar even though he knew Id been there before him and I wanted to kill him. If that is him, I want to kill him even more lol

I personally liked the party.

There was some parts that need tweeking. Like the size of the room, it was a little clostrophobic in the main standard room. Also, keep the costme competition to during the day.

If these could be improved, i think the party was a really good time to meet other fans. I'd like there to be one next yea, maybe not in the same venue though. It certainly made my birthday a good one!

END OF STORY!!!

I actually had an amazing time, so I'm not complaining :D.

Where have they publicly apologised? The apology should be on their hompage for everyone to see.

Apologies dont cut the mustard when people have spent so much money for 1 night (tickets, drinks, transport, accommodation (for some people), costumes etc). A sorry really isnt good enough to me.

Did they get this Stuart off the street? Cos it looks like hes never organised a party in his life!

Maybe they should throw a FREE decent party next time to make up for all the headache most people have gone through.

P.S Did this Stuart have a dark suit on and glasses? Cos if he did, he pushed infront of me in the queue at the bar even though he knew Id been there before him and I wanted to kill him. If that is him, I want to kill him even more lol

Shut the f*** up about stuart, none of you know much your just slagging it off till u get an apoligie or reponse of off Showmasters, keep names out of it. It's Showmasters, not Jason, not Mark or Stuart or anyone else, it's Showmasters, if you want to complain email them. the forum is for friendly chat, with no personal attacks. If you are unhappy email them because they won't have time to reply to you on here.

END OF STORY!!!

I actually had an amazing time, so I'm not complaining :angry:.

Shut the f*** up about stuart, none of you know much your just slagging it off till u get an apoligie or reponse of off Showmasters, keep names out of it. It's Showmasters, not Jason, not Mark or Stuart or anyone else, it's Showmasters, if you want to complain email them. the forum is for friendly chat, with no personal attacks. If you are unhappy email them because they won't have time to reply to you on here.

Are you talking to me??

I have been blaming SM all along until Costa Coffee told me to blame Stuart!!!!

I still hold SM responsible.

If you arent talking to me, sorry. If you are then you shut the f**k up and get your effing fact straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was bliming SM as a whole. No names were mentioned until they told me to blame Stuart!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if you want to blame anyone, blame Costa Coffee!!!!!

But to be honest it does go for pretty much everyone on this whole forum who has something to say to showmasters, dont say it here because this isn't where you contact them, you email them for an answer, here is a place for the fans to talk without slagging off Showmasters (on their very own forum!)