DURAN DURAN

Jason_Voorhees

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyeliner on boys..........*drool*

Although the band is utter crap, I do love Billy from Good Charlotte.

Oh yes.

Uh hum, I am with you on that :lol: Eyeliner + Guys = scrummy!

OMG, I thought I was the only one who likes Billy lol, everyone else likes Benji :lol:

Anyway, Girls on Film is a work of genius..geniuses..yeah lol :lol:

xxkissesxx :o

Allow me to bore you all with the tale of April 24th 2004.

Having seen Duran Duran on their comeback tour on April 13th, but halfway back in the arena, I was envious of the lucky people in two pits either side of the stage. Those people weren't lucky, however, they were stupid enough to part with lots of cash for a VIP ticket. I am stupid too, so I bought one for a couple of weeks later. One of the advantages of the ticket was that a couple of VIPs were selected on each night to meet the band before the show, and they would let you know the night before. So April 23rd, I sat and stared at the phone all night, but it didn't ring, even though I was praying very, very hard for it to do so.

So Saturday comes, and I'm still determined to have a good time anyway. When I go to the restaurant entrance to sign in a miracle occurs. The lovely woman who runs the fan club looked up at me and "Congratulations Becky, you've won the meet and greet!" Cue me shaking and screaming down the phone lots.

Anyway, here is me waiting to meet Duran Duran in the bar behind the stage, with fellow winners:

VIP1.jpg

By the time 8pm had come round I was a bit drunk:

NickAndyMe.jpg

MG1.jpg

These pics were taken by the fanclub, btw. This is me five seconds after being hugged by John Taylor - my face says it all:

JohnME.jpg

Cheesy group photo!

DuranDuran.jpg

Note the absence of Simon Le Bon - he was ill and just popped in to say hello and apologise. I don't think I could've coped with all five in one go anyway.

John was the nicest, really warm and friendly, Andy was strange but funny, Nick pouted at me, so my life is complete, and Roger is just as shy as you expect.

So there ya go. Concert was bloody brilliant too, really great atmosphere, and I danced like a loon with a pint of wine in my hand - classy.

• 3 weeks later...
so who saw them on Jonathon Ross last night??

very funny! :blush:

They were AMAZING!!! Oh God when they did Save A Prayer I nearly cried. I definitely screamed. They looked fantastic, and they were funny, and I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. I love them more than hobbits.

Astronanut's been getting some good reviews too - Daily Express gave it 4 stars, said it was their best album (actually Rio is), The Sun gave it 4 stars too. *is very proud*