Signed contracts

hobbitlover

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobbitlover, you said in the other thread that you heard they didn't have signed contracts when the hobbits came? Where did you hear that?

it was an long time ago so I can't quoto the words excatly but it was something like we were so glad the hobbits came they told us not to worry as they word was what mattered as we had not got signed contract from them.

Oh and it was from showmasters on the forum

I wish I had copied it or screen capped the page.

I have asked the signed contract question many times and still I get no answers. It and gets me worry more and more.

I want to believe showmasters but the more they don't answer the more I distrust them.

Most people would say of course we have but they have not.

It seems all the fans are trying to believe in them as well as me by answering.

They didn't even answer the question about an cancelled guest and that was up for over an week and no accounment was made.

every time people nag for guests and want to know who the guests ae sm hint about the reply is always the same, SM do not announce or advertise guests until they have signed contracts!

DavidB? heeeello? some support here please :lol:

surfy sah xx :lol:

ps-I will not comment on the hobbit issue at c4 as although I was at that event I was not aware of the forum then and so wasn't on it so hence can't comment!!! :D:lol:

Hobbitlover, you said in the other thread that you heard they didn't have signed contracts when the hobbits came?  Where did you hear that?

it was an long time ago so I can't quoto the words excatly but it was something like we were so glad the hobbits came they told us not to worry as they word was what mattered as we had not got signed contract from them.

I have asked the signed contract question many times and still I get no answers. It and gets me worry more and more.

I want to believe showmasters but the more they don't answer the more I distrust them.

They didn't even answer the question about an cancelled guest and that was up for over an week and no accounment was made.

i've noticed that SM don't discuss contracts, at least on the forum.

they may also have other reasons for not wishing to discuss this particular topic.

however, i personally doubt that SM would have announced the hobbits without some form of assurances from them - they have said so far that they never announce guests without a contract.

its also possible that it started as a rumour, possibly malicious, to say that showmasters are untrustworthy.

have you emailed them on it?

every time people nag for guests and want to know who the guests ae sm hint about the reply is always the same, SM do not announce or advertise guests until they have signed contracts!

DavidB? heeeello? some support here please :lol:

surfy sah xx :lol:

ps-I will not comment on the hobbit issue at c4 as although I was at that event I was not aware of the forum then and so wasn't on it so hence can't comment!!! :D:lol:

I know what you mean but the problem still remains why do they never reply to my question.

If they were so proud that they never did this then they would reply. Maybe it's all verbal but I would still not confirm on that and I think sm do.

Hobbitlover, you said in the other thread that you heard they didn't have signed contracts when the hobbits came?  Where did you hear that?

they may also have other reasons for not wishing to discuss this particular topic.

however, i personally doubt that SM would have announced the hobbits without some form of assurances from them - they have said so far that they never announce guests without a contract.

its also possible that it started as a rumour, possibly malicious, to say that showmasters are untrustworthy.

yeah they never replied to my email.

I want to trust them they have brought so many guests that I loved meeting I think it's great that I started going to their events.

It's just lots of people ask questions important ones and they never get answered. I just think this is really weird. I kind of feel they are forgetting about us lot on the forum now when it was so much fun last year.

yeah they never replied to my email.

I want to trust them they have brought so many guests that I loved meeting I think it's great that I started going to their events.

It's just lots of people ask questions important ones and they never get answered. I just think this is really weird. I kind of feel they are forgetting about us lot on the forum now when it was so much fun last year.

perhaps another alternative, then, is to ask them in person?

• Moderators

The only time I've ever heard something vaguely similar to what's been stated here is when one of the Showmasters said something along the lines of "We were so glad the hobbits came they told us not to worry as their word was what mattered". That's copied from what u said, and I remember that myself, but nothing about their not being a contract. I think it all came down to the fact that it was a situation that seemed TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, having three main actors from the most popular thing at the time, and that they couldn't believe it until they actually TURNED UP! And I'm sure a lot of the fans felt the same way too! I don't remember there being any mention of contracts whatsoever.

Elijah Wood made a comment about that during the talk.

but does it really matter? so far the guests are always appearing or if they cancel they announce it on time before the show starts.

Priceless!

It matters because a major part of SM's arguement against Wolf is that they never had a full signed contract with Chris.

Excuse me, but I'm ROFL

Elijah Wood made a comment about that during the talk.

but does it really matter? so far the guests are always appearing or if they cancel they announce it on time before the show starts.

Priceless!

It matters because a major part of SM's arguement against Wolf is that they never had a full signed contract with Chris.

Excuse me, but I'm ROFL

i agree that it matters, that is why i say that they must have had assurances of some sort. roll all you want, but ask showmasters at C6 or LFCC2.

i'm thinking on it myself - just out of curiosity.

however, on the grounds they have stated in a number of places that they don't announce without contracts, i can't see them doing it for anyone, especially not the hobbits - even if the fan base had been underestimated, had they not showed up the expected crowd would likely have been enough for a small riot.

however, if they had another assurance than a contract, then fair play to them - if it was enough to get the hobbits announced, then it must have been a strong assurance.

however, if they had another assurance than a contract, then fair play to them - if it was enough to get the hobbits announced, then it must have been a strong assurance.

Wolf had other assurances besides a contract...

Pot to Kettle "You're black! You're black!"

Still not quite believing this is true...

• Moderators
I'm not sure who did a "report a post" from this thread, but ur a lot better off emailing Showmasters PROPERLY instead of just reporting a post.

so... how do we find out that a post HAS been reported?? :cylon::D

I have sources silly :D

• Showmasters Admin
I've got to admit, I'm still not sure I can let myself believe it. If it's true it would be just TOO good!

What is your problem?!? You seem to just jump from one thing to the next and it is getting really tiresome.

We WERE incredibly pleased that the Hobbits made it to C4, as technically they had work commitments that were moved at the last minute to conflict with C4. Originally they were free to attend the show, as their New York press conference was 2 weeks before. That then got moved to the week before, finishing on the first day of C4, with them still in NY! They could very easily have not come, as there responsibility to New Line and the press conference took precedence. However, they so wanted to meet all their fans that they got straight on a plane, flew to London, drove to a hotel, slept for an hour, and then appeared on stage! Is that going beyond the call of duty and any contract? Yes. Are we pleased that they cared so much and did actually turn up? Yes. Did they do it? Yes.

We have to look after the majority of the fans, and Rowan, if you want us to jump through all your hoops and explain every contract and every situation with the hundreds of actors we have dealt with in the last few years, you have another thing coming. Apart from the fact that we do not have time, we are running one of the largest events in the world in less than 2 weeks time, and really have better things to do than constantly answer all your queries. We have to look after the people who are going to appreciate what we are doing, and it seems you will never fall into this category!

We are now going to get on with our work, running the event, rather than just pandering to your accusations. I don't see you giving Wolf a hard time on their forum, and they are the ones who seem to deserve it, having acted unprofessionally, deleting posts, (including Chris' statement), and not letting anyone discuss anything they don't want seen.

Enough is enough, we're going back to work. Think waht you want to think. It appears you will anyway.

Showmasters

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"! :cylon:

Wolf had other assurances besides a contract...

Pot to Kettle "You're black! You're black!"

Still not quite believing this is true...

i don't consider the spoken word a sufficient commitment.

i don't know what other deals may be made, i've simply suggested an option.

and now they have stated there was a contract - do you have the manners to apologise?

i haven't seen it yet.

If you read back I've clearly stated that I wasn't sure whether to believe it was true. But I was enjoying the picture while it lasted *G*

Serioulsy though... I think Hobbitlover asked some important questions, and, Showmasters, you haven't really answered. I appreciate you are busy, and asking you to go through the details of every 'contract and every situation' (there's a difference?) you've ever had is not feasible.

So, just as a matter of curiosity, and not making accusations here, have you had a full, signed, written contract with every actor when you've announced for a show, past and future?

I've got to admit, I'm still not sure I can let myself believe it.  If it's true it would be just TOO good!

What is your problem?!? You seem to just jump from one thing to the next and it is getting really tiresome.

We WERE incredibly pleased that the Hobbits made it to C4, as technically they had work commitments that were moved at the last minute to conflict with C4. Originally they were free to attend the show, as their New York press conference was 2 weeks before. That then got moved to the week before, finishing on the first day of C4, with them still in NY! They could very easily have not come, as there responsibility to New Line and the press conference took precedence. However, they so wanted to meet all their fans that they got straight on a plane, flew to London, drove to a hotel, slept for an hour, and then appeared on stage! Is that going beyond the call of duty and any contract? Yes. Are we pleased that they cared so much and did actually turn up? Yes. Did they do it? Yes.

We have to look after the majority of the fans, and Rowan, if you want us to jump through all your hoops and explain every contract and every situation with the hundreds of actors we have dealt with in the last few years, you have another thing coming. Apart from the fact that we do not have time, we are running one of the largest events in the world in less than 2 weeks time, and really have better things to do than constantly answer all your queries. We have to look after the people who are going to appreciate what we are doing, and it seems you will never fall into this category!

We are now going to get on with our work, running the event, rather than just pandering to your accusations. I don't see you giving Wolf a hard time on their forum, and they are the ones who seem to deserve it, having acted unprofessionally, deleting posts, (including Chris' statement), and not letting anyone discuss anything they don't want seen.

Enough is enough, we're going back to work. Think waht you want to think. It appears you will anyway.

Showmasters

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"! :yoda:

thank you for the answer but it seemed more headed to rowan than myself and still leaves a lot of my questions un answered.

Don't jump on me I just want answers and I feel like many people the right to answers which lately you have not been giving.

As you can tell I've been an member for a long time coming here since C3 I know a lot of the forum people here personally.

At this moment I think you are forgetting we like your events we like going. I don't think you are treating us rightly.

People ask questions here which you do not answer you let people run riot here not caring what happens.

It's not just silly questions for sometime the question about an cancelled guest was up and no one answered it which I think is very rude.

You have talked about the hobbits contact which is fine but still not answered my question on the fact of have you got contacts signed with other guests and at what point did you have them signed.

Oh and question for an long time ago did Karl ever have an signed contract?

If you read back I've clearly stated that I wasn't sure whether to believe it was true. But I was enjoying the picture while it lasted *G*

Serioulsy though... I think Hobbitlover asked some important questions, and, Showmasters, you haven't really answered. I appreciate you are busy, and asking you to go through the details of every 'contract and every situation' (there's a difference?) you've ever had is not feasible.

So, just as a matter of curiosity, and not making accusations here, have you had a full, signed, written contract with every actor when you've announced for a show, past and future?

Of course they have - it is strict policy by showmasters not to announce a guest until a signed contract has been recieved.

All this gossip about the hobbits at C4 was just idle chit chat started most likely by someone who couldn't get to see them.

Showmasters have given you their response, and i very much doubt they will respond to you YET again !!!