Responses to Statements in Here Please

showmasters

OK, this is a reply to 'my' thread since it just got locked as I pressed send...

What, I'm important enough to have my own thread now? Not sure if I should be flattered!

Matrix: I am unlikely to go to both events even if I decided I wanted to. I don't have my own transport and have no desire to spend several hours on the tube (and spend a lot of extra money) when I could be listening to guest talks/hanging out with freinds/whatever. Maybe I'll still go to a SM's event sometime.

Even had the dates not changed, I would have been at the other con that then would have been on the same date (I went... it was one of the best). Even without all that has happened since, I was lost as an attendee at LFCC as soon as the date was set.

Thanks to Showmasters for your post.

I came on accusing Showmasters of poaching a guest, who already had a commitment to another con. It's now fact that a guest, who has told fans on several occasions that he's doing another event is now coming to a Showmasters event. Put in simple terms I was right. But the real situation is always more complex. Legally he may have been free to do that. Morally I'm still trying to work out what has gone on and whether I'm comfortable with it all.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit confused too ..... and very deceived by all these stuffs ... But anyway, thanks for clarifying some points. I'm now going to see what Bryan has to answer. I've met Bryan three times this year and enjoyed its events. I'm going to C6 and I will surely enjoy it. I'm also planning to go to LFCC2. I just hope that Bryan and SMs could work in better terms later, if not together. Like I said, there are so many great shows and so many great guests. It's a pity that things have to come to such a bad point !

Edit : the good thing about these statements is that now we can talk about eh eh ehhhh and not "that other convention" ;)

Edited by showmasters

NOt sure if this is correct or not but it is my understanding that many contracts include a clause not to do another evnt in the same country for a period of time from the event that is contracted..

Why????

Surely if a guest was free to do as many conventions and events that they wish to without these daft restrictions, then there would be less opportunity for these CON WARS!!!!!

I came on accusing Showmasters of poaching a guest, who already had a commitment to another con. It's now fact that a guest, who has told fans on several occasions that he's doing another event is now coming to a Showmasters event. Put in simple terms I was right. But the real situation is always more complex. Legally he may have been free to do that. Morally I'm still trying to work out what has gone on and whether I'm comfortable with it all.

You were not right because Showmasters did not Poach anyone.

Showmasters closed that Thread because they didn't like any one individual being picked out, and the fact that your posts on this Forum were done before the Statements and before everyone knew that facts.

It is nice of Showmasters to do that, and in return you still accuse them of Poaching !

• Showmasters Admin
It's now fact that a guest, who has told fans on several occasions that he's doing another event is now coming to a Showmasters event. Put in simple terms I was right. But the real situation is always more complex. Legally he may have been free to do that. Morally I'm still trying to work out what has gone on and whether I'm comfortable with it all.

I think the best person to ask to clear up these points is Chris himself. He has offered to discuss any questions that anyone may have about his convention appearances.

It's now fact that a guest, who has told fans on several occasions that he's doing another event is now coming to a Showmasters event.  Put in simple terms I was right.  But the real situation is always more complex.  Legally he may have been free to do that.  Morally I'm still trying to work out what has gone on and whether I'm comfortable with it all.

I think the best person to ask to clear up these points is Chris himself. He has offered to discuss any questions that anyone may have about his convention appearances.

I hope that he won't be answering all these questions in the Autographs?

The queue would be very long.

thanks for the explanations TooTall and GandalftheBlack!!!

sorry people, but I am STILL confused!!!! :D:blink:

SM - are you OFICIALLY announcing Chris Judge for LFACC2??? :wub:

another thing, from what I understand, Chris is only doing one event or did I mis-interpret that? according to the Expo page, he is still attending there?!?!?! (I have not checked the boards as I find them set out poorly and often end up in the wrong bit :D:huh: hence I've only ever posted there once!!!)

so SG-8 Wolf event is the event that clashes with LFACC2, boasting all the main cast apart from RDA, but now MS, CJ and DSD are not longer going?!?!

OR was DSD still attending?! soz short term mem thing!!! if he's NOT then why not invite him to this SG reunion type thing at LFACC2? :P

I'm trying to get my head round this "poaching" thing, how can people say CJ is being stolen from SG-8 when he himself has stated that there was never a contract for him to attend that?! (I'm sure that's what was said anyways!) B)

my final concern is SG fans being subject to questions and "attacks" from fellow forumers who want SG/ SGA guests justified, you only have to look at topics such as "why SGA for LFACC2?" to see this!

understand you are busy SM but I would find it most cool if you could just post to say that having SG/ SGA guests at LFACC2 does NOT affect the Aliens reunion, thanks! :huh:

surfy sah

STARGATE FAN and DAMN PROUD!!! :o

No, because they don't cost 100. But yes, I did pay. You think I get free tickets? :huh:

If you read what I've said, I'm not accusing them of poaching. The actuallity of what I accused them of has been proved true. I'm still working out how I feel morally. Poaching is a morally loaded word, would you feel more comfortable if I said they 'aquired' a guest who had previously made a commitment elsewhere?

You cant really get any better than the actor himself posting a statement about why he has chosen to do another convention instead of SG8. No matter how much you might hate SM for having Chris at LFCC2 it was always Chris Judges choice about where he went and a statement from him has been posted on here saying his reasons. I hope that this matter can finally be put to rest.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

No, because they don't cost 100. But yes, I did pay. You think I get free tickets? :huh:

If you read what I've said, I'm not accusing them of poaching. The actuallity of what I accused them of has been proved true. I'm still working out how I feel morally. Poaching is a morally loaded word, would you feel more comfortable if I said they 'aquired' a guest who had previously made a commitment elsewhere?

Sorry I've only had the rough £100 figure chucked at me. I wasn't implying that you got free tickets, just asking if you were attending.

Frankly all you did in response to what I consider a fairly simple question was show the reason why you are so bitter about this and highlight yourself to me as yet another of the delightful people who come to forums and can't have things explained to you to resolve issues.

Troll away hun, I tried to see things from both POVs but I won't bother listening to people who can't put their point across politely.

• Showmasters Admin
understand you are busy SM but I would find it most cool if you could just post to say that having SG/ SGA guests at LFACC2 does NOT affect the Aliens reunion, thanks! :huh:

The other guests we announce in no way effect the Aliens Reunion. We will have 30 or more guests at LFCC 2 so there will be plenty of room for everyone!

SMs, could you also confirm that (if I understood correctly what happened with L3) Amanda will definitely not appear at LFCC2 ? I know that she appears at L3 but I cannot attend this one. But I may have an opportunity to see her in France in december. Well, maybe this is not the right place to ask this question ? :D

No, because they don't cost 100.  But yes, I did pay. You think I get free tickets?  :D

If you read what I've said, I'm not accusing them of poaching.  The actuallity of what I accused them of has been proved true.  I'm still working out how I feel morally.  Poaching is a morally loaded word, would you feel more comfortable if I said they 'aquired' a guest who had previously made a commitment elsewhere?

Sorry I've only had the rough £100 figure chucked at me. I wasn't implying that you got free tickets, just asking if you were attending.

Frankly all you did in response to what I consider a fairly simple question was show the reason why you are so bitter about this and highlight yourself to me as yet another of the delightful people who come to forums and can't have things explained to you to resolve issues.

Troll away hun, I tried to see things from both POVs but I won't bother listening to people who can't put their point across politely.

OOOHHH takes alot to upset our Elanor

;)

No, because they don't cost 100.  But yes, I did pay. You think I get free tickets?  :D

If you read what I've said, I'm not accusing them of poaching.  The actuallity of what I accused them of has been proved true.  I'm still working out how I feel morally.  Poaching is a morally loaded word, would you feel more comfortable if I said they 'aquired' a guest who had previously made a commitment elsewhere?

OOOHHH takes alot to upset our Elanor

;)

Are you asking for a spank?

Surely if a guest was free to do as many conventions and events that they wish to without these daft restrictions, then there would be less opportunity for these CON WARS!!!!!

Conventions cost a lot of money to organise. People booked up to a year in advance for some conventions.

If these exclusive contracts did not exsit, neither would the conventions.

Imagine paying £70 for a convention ticket, then finding the same actors appearing else where the week before/afterwards..

All conventions do this,, even ShowMaster...