GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR LFACC2

showmasters

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to the folks who are wishing for hundreds of others who are looking forward to seeing this guest to be disapointed. It would be nicer if you were wishing for Showmasters to get the guest at another show.

There would be no conflict if Showmasters weren't making one.

Myself and several hundred other people who already have tickets to see this guest ARE involved.

Just had to add: this guest has said on more than one occasion that he's coming to the other event. There's even video of him saying it, which was played to fans at an earlier event.

If he does go to LFFC then it's breaking his word to his fans. Do you guys really want that? I hope he respects his fans and goes to the other event.

I also hope, for your sakes, that he does go to another later Showmasters event.

That way, he's keeping his word, and we all get to see him. Isn't that better for everyone than fighting over getting him on one particular date?

I'm hoping that the guest will go to the other event and not LFCC. I'm not getting at any of the event organizers, just the actor involved. If he chooses LFCC over the one he said he'd be at on more than one occasion then he obviously doesn't care very much for his fans, fans that are travelling from far afield to see him. It's his decision, but if he does attend LFCC I wont be queuing up to see him, even though I am a huge fan of SG-1 and it's cast. It's very sad!

I'm discovering the whole story ... and it's really sad ! Whatever the reasons, whoever made the fault, I don't think that organizers should work that way because as Rowan said, the loosers in that are just hundreds of fans ! There are so many good shows and so many interesting actors, is there no possibilty to share them ??

I'm not related to one organizer or the other and in fact, I'm going to C6 and to that other event in october. I'm not supporting a special organizer, I'm going to good events with good guests but that con wars starts to **** me off.

And I want to add that I would be more than disappointed by the guest (we cannot name but everybody knows who he is) if he appears at LFCC2. And this is not because I'm going that other event in november. On the contrary, I'm planning to go to LFCC2 if Amanda could come or if other good guests are announced. But for sure, I won't spend any money for this guest in the future if he does this.

Once again, I have nothing against SM or that other event organizer. I know that we don't have all cards in hands but seen from outside, it appears clearly to me that this won't be good for the fans and it's sad ....

Edited by lams9999

It's VERY sad! I'll be gutted if he does come to LFCC, even though I *love* Showmasters and their events. I'll be coming no matter what, but I'll be keeping well away from him.

This incident leaves you feeling very hurtful! Just imagine how the other fans feel that are going to the other event soley to see him!

Actually I'd rather they booked her at another event too. Again it would mean more folks could see her (including me... *G*)

You have Dark Skies in your sig?!? Cool!

For Amanda, I'm afraid that if there is a season 9, it would be impossible for her to attend C7. Well, we'll see !

Dark Skies in my sig ? hehe possible indeed ... I do not allow sigs to appear anymore (too large in general). I loved that show. I would like to meet Megan Ward and Eric Close. You were also a fan ?

All I can say is that if I was you I'd be very careful of the impression you are giving, and the competition you are going up against.  If I was you I'd be booking Stargate guests for another event, not this one.

Yep, as a fan it's very hard to know who's story to trust.  We are never likely to get the full story. 

What I see right now for sure is you going up against another organiser in deliberate competition.  That's not to the benifit of the fans, whatever the true facts surrounding one actor.

Maybe you should stop here now, cause it's like DavidB6937 said. Most of the people here don't know what you're even talking about.

And I am sure Showmasters knows what they are doing, they don't need you giving them advice. If they want to be in competition, let them be in competition. You don't have to go to their events if you think they are acting unfair or whatever.

Plus like David said: in the end it is the guest's decision. And he is to blame if he really has a valid contract and should decide to break it.

That's my two cents on this topic, and if you wish to argue further, maybe you should just e-mail Showmasters.

Back on topic: yes, I am with Lams here. Eric Close would be a cool guest! I just love him in "Without a trace". Did anybody catch him on "Magnificent Seven"?

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I've got the whole solution : instead of this guest, bring Amanda for LFCC2 !! :lol::lol:

With you 100% there Lams. I agree with all that has been said in earlier posts. I just hope the situation is resolved and things turn out to be different to how they have been made out. These stories may have been completely blown out of proportion.

Oooooh, I really wanna meet Andy Serkis, loved him in Deathwatch, I dunno, he might appreciate a non-LOTR convo for a change

Well said, Mattzo! :D Have you seen him in "The Near Room", btw? Now that's what I call versatility - couldn't look more different to Pvt Quinn or Gollum/Smeagol if he tried. ;) And I'm ashamed to admit that it's a good look on him, too... ;) Er...imo, anyway... ;):lol:

I totally agree, I think Andy Serkis is more than just a one part actor, he's very talented, I wanna meet him and let him know this too, I haven't seen him in 'The Near Room', but I will try and do so now

You're right about him not being a one-part actor, Mattzo - though he clearly had a ball working on LOTR and loves talking to fans about it! :D The trouble is that because he was relatively unknown before LOTR, a lot of people seem to think that that's all he's ever done and that he'll never do anything as "big" again (though whether or not he'd want to is another matter! :lol:) - but he had a career before LOTR and will have one after it. :D As for "The Near Room" - well, he only has a very minor bit-part as a junkie (more than that I shall not say... ), but it's a remarkable performance and he looks amazing. You'll never look at Smeagol in the same way again... ;)

Cancel that - i found it. I hope it,s RC if any of them ......

Still wish someone would fill me in on what some of you are talking about, but here's hoping that there's a satisfactory resolution to it all. In the meantime, is there any clue about how many guests are going to be announced tonight? My money's on more Alien/Aliens guests, but might we get some more HP or SG guests too? ;) It would be nice to get an odd LOTR guest for this event (and I don't mean "odd" as in "odd...but then again...), but maybe for C6? :lol:

read on the teletext yesterday that Andy Serkis is playing a rock star in an episode of the new series of 'Spooks' :D

Yeah, I saw that! ;) I'm ashamed to say I'm looking forward to it. :lol::lol: Let's just hope and pray that the episode hasn't been written by someone who could be The Young Ones's Rik grown up who thinks that Cliff Richard is "a weally dangerwous wock and woll webel..." ;)

This guest business, I also think it may be unprofessional for SM to try and poach a guest who has a firm signed binding contract, but if he doesnt ? there all business men, money talks at the end of the day and if he thinks that LFCC2 may be better for him well there you go, its a shame that the other show didnt tie him up as soon as he agreed to come over.

Im personally glad its a SG1 guest as I detest it, id be more P1$$£d off it it was a certain Aliens guest as Ive just booked my ticket.

*coughs* I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen "Spooks", so I don't know what it's like! :lol: I had heard good reports of it - so I shall heed your words of warning and try not to worry too much! :lol::D

The episode with Alexander Siddig last year was ok, but I think that was more a case of Sid being wonderful with whatever he's given :) I don't particularly rate either of the lead actors on that show....but I've just read that they're leaving during the course of the series so maybe Andy was lucky and got the new actors :P

I totally agree, I think Andy Serkis is more than just a one part actor, he's very talented, I wanna meet him and let him know this too, I haven't seen him in 'The Near Room', but I will try and do so now

Apologies for going off-thread again, but I just wanted to mention that there's a video copy of this movie up on eBay at the moment. :D And with 2hrs 15mins to go to the next announcements, how's everyone feeling? ;):P

*coughs* I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen "Spooks", so I don't know what it's like!  :lol: I had heard good reports of it - so I shall heed your words of warning and try not to worry too much!  :P  :D

The episode with Alexander Siddig last year was ok, but I think that was more a case of Sid being wonderful with whatever he's given :) I don't particularly rate either of the lead actors on that show....but I've just read that they're leaving during the course of the series so maybe Andy was lucky and got the new actors :D

Oh my, I have quite a soft spot for Sid! :D I think you're right about him being fantastic and making material look better than it is; I've certainly seen that with some of the stuff Andy's done - and I'm sure everyone here's seen that happen time and time again! ;):D I think that's why I'm not too worried about how "Spooks" turns out! :D But - OMG, just had a bad, bad thought... :o What if SM have actually got someone from that show to announce as a guest?! :o:help::lol::lol: