my first time

revonhoj

this will be my first collectormania & im hoping some of you might be able to give me a few pointers. Most of the people I want are there all 3 days but a few eg carrie fisher, billy boyd only on the saturday & sunday. Will i get to meet carrie having driven 3 hours to get there, i ask as from other posts it seems if im not there by 8am i may not get to meet her anyway or do I go friday get most of them as i presume it will be quieter & then go on the sunday for the extra. I dont want a second trip to achieve nothing. Lastly we pay for the autograph, does that mean if i get a photo & a dvd cover signed i pay twice?

Can't really help with the first part i'm afraid - the guests I want to see should be quieter as they are not the most popular ones.

As to the auto's you pay for the signature, not the item it is being signed on. You pay the fee and are entitled to a free photo (which you can have or not if you don't want it) but you still have to pay for each sig. Therefore if you want 2 sigs, no matter what they will be put on, you pay twice.

Edited by Raylenth

This is only my second time, but I will try and help if I can.

When you arrive there, you will join a queue for the guest you wish to meet, and obtain a numbered ticket. This ticket will be your place in the real queue, so you are free to wander around until you see your number called on one of the various boards around the hall. You do this for each guest you wish to meet.

Now because some of the guests are going to be really popular, and the ticket system is based on a first come first served basis, it is recommended to get there as early as possible. It does depend on the speed of the guest signing as to how many people they get to see, so one guest might get through a lot of people, whereas another might spend more time chatting (Craig Parker :lol: ) and not get through as many. There are no guarantees, unless of course you have a low numbered ticket.

Friday is the quietest day, as most people are at work/school etc, so if you can, go on this day to get the bulk of your autos. Weekend, is hectic, as you have the shoppers to contend with also, but you can generally see everything you want to see.

I do stress though, that you should try and get there as early as you can for the big guests.

Lastly, you pay per auto. Which means, if you get 2 items signed, you pay twice.

Hope this helps, I am sure others will post also if I have missed stuff out :D

Most of all..have fun, it's great!!

The doors for the MK Centre should open at 9.00 a.m. on Saturday and 10.00 a.m. on Sunday, however, as there are quite a few big guests at this show, their will be a number of people queueing well before this time. Particuarly, if you are trying to get Carrie Fisher or Miranda Otto, I would advise arriving well before advertised opening times.

At C4, the queues outside were so big, that they opened the doors before these times, so if you arrived at the advertised time, you would not get a ticket to see the guest.

Once you have a ticket, they give out about 750 a day you have a good chance of meeting the guest you want, although there is still no guarantee that some of the higher numbers will make it to the guest by the end of the day. Guests normally sign till about 6.00 p.m. oon Saturday and 5.00 p.m. on Sunday.

• Showmasters Admin
this will be my first collectormania & im hoping some of you might be able to give me a few pointers. Most of the people I want are there all 3 days but a few eg carrie fisher, billy boyd only on the saturday & sunday. Will i get to meet carrie having driven 3 hours to get there, i ask as from other posts it seems if im not there by 8am i may not get to meet her anyway or do I go friday get most of them as i presume it will be quieter & then go on the sunday for the extra. I dont want a second trip to achieve nothing. Lastly we pay for the autograph, does that mean if i get a photo & a dvd cover signed i pay twice?

I think the problem is that as no one really knows how popular Carrie will be we can't answer your question with absolution certainty. As Striders said "the earlier the better" is the only advice we can give.

well i went to c4 not c5 cus i wanted to meet elijah now i carnt remeber what day i went, but i never got to meet him got a ticket,i got there just after 7, but i dont no how poplar carrie will be, i know im not meeting her so 1 less,lol, i think if u get there earlier enough get a tix,and hope, if ur going all 3 days then one day u should meet her,also 2 items not matter what they are,are classed as 2 items,

cu there,