some worries

Hi Showmasters,

I'm slightly worried about a couple of things. First, great news about Elijah Wood and Sean Astin's promise to appear at the show. I, like many others I'm sure, have to travel to get to MK, I have to take time off work and save money to attend the show. I am concerned that with these top class actors coming to the show, I am going to turn up and find all the tickets have gone and I'm unable to see the actors, I'm sure I'm not the only person with these worries, but I wouldn't like to travel for hours only to be disapointed on arrival. I'm not asking for special treatment regarding tickets for signings, i'd just like to know whether we can have some sort of assurance that they'll there will be tickets availlable.

I hope this makes sense...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people will either go up for the day or for the whole thing im going for the whol three days. I cant remember when they ran out of tickets for Billy Boyd at C3 but you do need to get there as early as possible. We got our tickets to see Billy at around 9.30am but didnt actually see Billy till around 2pm so its a chance you take really.

good luck

LilElfGirlxx

IF (and it's a big if) I can make it to C4...I will be taking in the whole 3 days as well, make my monies worth.

I hope to be there as early as humanly possible in order to meet the people I want to meet. When I went to Comic Con on the Saturday that Dom, lij, Andy and Sean were gonna be there, I thought I had left Early enough, but boy was I wrong. I think during that whole day I sat down 3 times for the whole 12 hrs I was there. It was so much fun though, but I was bummed about the Queue thing, because the security had NO idea what they were doing.

I just hope that the 'ticket' thing they have at Collectormania works out for the best for everyone :D .

Take Care!

*Rachie*

Last time I didn't get there till about 10 and I don't think I got my ticket untill 11, and they were still "only" giving out tickets in the 300's. They usually give out 500 per day, so my advice is as long as you get there in the morning and go ASAP to get a ticket you should be alright. The problem I found is that there are so many tickets that you might not get to meet them till 5. I was about 330 and I was at 5pm so you have to make sure you've arranged to leave late at night or you could have a ticket but not be able to meet any of the guests.

Also, I wouldn't take the "arriving at 7am" that people in the forum say as a norm. Although regular visitors to the forum will go at about 7am (and earlier) most people will just arrive during the day at about 9 to 11, so dont worry too much!

yeah i agree! just make sure you get there before 11... because the tickets might have all gone by then. and if they're not gone, the later you are, the higher the number you get.. and nearer to the end they tend to rush things along a lot more, so it's likely that you'll get less time. Because they need to make sure they fit everyone in :D

hope that made sense

I think we all have to deal with the fact that there will be no guarantee here. The people going for the whole 3 days though will have much more of a safety cushion. Especially with someone like Elijah though, I think that If you attend just one day, you will be LUCKY to meet him, even with a ticket system.

• 2 weeks later...
But when you get there and you have a ticket for elijah can you already go and get a ticket for another guest? ^_^

Yep, i'd do that as quick as i could if i were u. Get the most popular first and then go and get some other tickets. When uve done that u will probably have time to go and see some of the less busy guests

tanx!But... if you're wainting in the queue for Elijah, isn't it possible that they announce to wait in the queue for another guest? Do you know what I mean? ;) (Sorry for this annoying question, but it'll be my first time and I don't know how it all works and I'm so excited!) :D

tanx!But... if you're wainting in the queue for Elijah, isn't it possible that they announce to wait in the queue for another guest? Do you know what I mean? ;) (Sorry for this annoying question, but it'll be my first time and I don't know how it all works and I'm so excited!) :D

thats a good qustion ,and i think you shuld ask showmasters themselves about this =e-mail them( thay do answer) B)

my thught about it is that even if this happens you will still have time to jamp, say here is my nomber, get what you wont , hary back ,show you'r nomber and get what you wont , not a lot of chit chat time bat inaf for an autograph and a picture :-) :rolleyes:

But if/when you do get showmasters answer about this please post it , so we all knew - thanks in advance :D

thats a good qustion ,and i think you shuld ask showmasters themselves about this =e-mail them( thay do answer) B)

my thught about it is that even if this happens you will still have time to jamp, say here is my nomber, get what you wont , hary back ,show you'r nomber and get what you wont , not a lot of chit chat time bat inaf for an autograph and a picture :-) :rolleyes:

But if/when you do get showmasters answer about this please post it , so we all knew - thanks in advance :D

I will! :D and tanx again!

But when you get there and you have a ticket for elijah can you already go and get a ticket for another guest? :rolleyes:

yeah! but make sure they give u the right ticket. we were sposed to get ones for Billy but when we went to see him an hour later the woman said they were tickets for andy!

tanx!But... if you're wainting in the queue for Elijah, isn't it possible that they announce to wait in the queue for another guest? Do you know what I mean? :rolleyes: (Sorry for this annoying question, but it'll be my first time and I don't know how it all works and I'm so excited!) B)

when we got called to see billy, i think we were ticket 152 (not that i remember!) the woman was still letting ppl down with tickets in the 30s and stuff so i think as long as u've got the ticket u can b let down anytime

At C3 I got tickets for Billy Boyd, Robert Englund, John-Ryes-Davies and Andy Serkis.

Luckily for me each of the tickets were called a good hour from each other but I believe if you are in a queue and hear your number being called for someone else you can just pop over there after you are done even if its an hour later, show them your ticket and they will let you through.

This time I plan to be there for about 8.30 and plan to get the following tickets straight away, I will run from ticket person to ticket person if I have too hehe...

Kristanna Loken - TX

Billy Dee Williams - Lando Calrissian

Dominic Monaghan - Merry

George Takei - Sulu

Elijah Wood - Frodo Baggins

Sean Astin - Sam Gamgees

• Showmasters Admin

The best advice we can give is, as soon as you get into the hall, go and get a ticket for all the guests you want to meet.

Remember, the beauty of the virtual queueing system is that you can be in several queues at once. You don't have to join a particular queue the moment your number is called either. As long as your number is lower than the numbers currently being called, you can join the back of the queue anytime. Just remember not to leave it too late as there has to come a point each day when the queues are closed altogether.

Kenny

oh my god...

okay...i think i got half of that queueing-thing...it´s the first time i´m might gonna be able to attend C4 and the whole time i knew about this event i got everything but that queueing system. this thread helped me alot to work it out in a way. but i still have a little bit proplems to get that number-thing...so if you´re gonna get your ticket and they call out your number what´s when you miss it? i mean, could you even miss it or is it confident you´ll be able to meet the persons you want, even if your number were called out minutes ago?

(i thought you have to stay at the queue not moving a thing till its your turn... :D )

ps: sorry for kinda not being able to understand that point but i have to say that i´m not english and so i just have a bit problems by understanding everything...