Harry Potter books vs films

Spike's dream date

Which do you think are better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think are better?

• Books
    • Films
    • I hate Harry Potter (!)
    • I love them both so much I really can't decide!!

The Books, no contest...

Not being funny but the films are really only good for people who have not read the books, it's always a let down, as to how much content has been missed out.

Don't get me wrong, the films are ok, but I only bother with them because my 6yr old is HP mad......

• Showmasters Admin

I like them both, in different ways and for different reasons. The books are much more well rounded stories, but the films are a great piece of escapeism and it's interesting the different twists that the various actors give to the characters.

Andrea

Books - purely for the fact that they allow so much more imagination... i do like the films, although the 3rd was disappointing but the fact is you can't cram a film full of everything that is there in a book. It's impossible its inconceivable that everything in the book can be put in the film....

The exact same argument happened for LotRs...

Anyway books allow more creativity and involvement for the reader than films.

• Showmasters Admin

Ultimately it has to be the books. Although I do love the films and agree with Andrea that they are a great bit of escapism. I think you do have to look at the films as an added bonus not as a replication of the books.

I think anyone that has read the books will not put the films first (maybe equal like Andrea but never first).

Stuart.

I really like the films, and they great to own on DVD!!

BUT the books are still much much better!! It's very rare that a film will be better than a book!!

Perhaps only some Steven King adaptations have been like that...The Shining, Shawshank Redemption etc.

Really???

I love the books. The films are sooo bad it is untrue.

There was me thinking you was a classy guy Theo..

Lee's very classy top classy aint ya luv :blink:

Yup pretty much same as everyone else the films are great and fun to watch but if i could only have one in my life it would be bybye films the books are just so amazing, so detailed, you get into that world and the characters and that's it your never the same again!! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for book six

How can you make a thread like this! Its insulting ;) Plus if anyone puts films, I shall track u down and slap a book in your face and make you eat every single page of every single book! :lol:

I choose books bye the way :huh:

How can you make a thread like this! Its insulting :P Plus if anyone puts films, I shall track u down and slap a book in your face and make you eat every single page of every single book! :P

I choose books bye the way :rolleyes:

OH YEAH!!! Come on and try it!!

Nah I actually put books so :P

• Showmasters Admin

I think more people would like the films if Warner Bros got of their arses and released some decent extended edition DVDs!! I know it's going to be hard to do now as they have already filmed the first three (although I know there was loads more filmed than used in the first film) but they really should consider it, especially as GOF and OOP are such big books. They'd make loads of money out of it as well, so it would be worth their while.

There was so much missing out of the POA film that I'd love to see.

Andrea