Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

Hi everyone!!! So sorry I haven't posted for a while but I've been busy and very tired and now something strange has happened to my computer and I don't like it and I can't fix it Waaaahhhh!! hELP!

Must go back and read messages and see costume pictures...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She *is* a hobbit?!  Hmm, I'm unconvinced. *takes another look at pic*. Well, you can't see her ears or feet so I guess they could be pointed and hairy. But then again why is she hiding them from the camera...

I think you've blown her cover Agent Merry! 

She's a hobbit doing fancy dress, I swear! She was doing some will turner/rohan warrior cosplay, but she really is a hobbit. The proof is in the orc armor photos. Monday must have been hobbit's cosplay day or something... :( ... :lol:

"You're too clever" I'm gunna put that on a t shirt. My work mates think I'm really thick so this'll prove them wrong!

Actually today my boss informed me that he's to change his interview technique because of me. From now on the first question he'll ask is "Are you a hobbit and if yes, get out of my lab?!" 

Lol! :lol::lol: That's discrimation! The shire folk have as much right to a job as humans! Make a formal complaint! Or maybe all hobbits are clever and will not let on that they are indeed hobbits, until after the interview process is over with and they have secured the job. Who knows...many of your co-workers might still be in the hobbit-closet... :D

Man, I am talking a load of rubbish tonight! Please excuse my mad waffle....

Aw, got disconnected there :( Freeserve :lol:

sarawyn, I'm affraid my aunt's horse is a very beautiful nutter! Great for looking way better than any other horse in the field but gets great pleasure out of throwing riders. Hmm, maybe you should use one of those cows you were on about? I thought it was only polite to offer :lol:

Aww, kitty likes your orc armor! I'm sure it's VERY good if she likes it, as cats are so very fussy. Plus, I have yet to see a costume of yours that isn't anything less than fantastic. So, I bet it rocks!  :D

The armour's all in panels connected together and if something (say, a cat claw) were to go though just one thread I think the whole lot would fall apart.

I think the cat just like's having that kind of power over me more than she thinks it's good! :lol:

Lara, I think I should rename her "Nemesis X", what do you think? Sorry I missed you tonight whilst disconnected but I think I *do* need to talk :(:P:D:lol:

Oh sarawyn? you mentioned you were going to an anime con? Look out for a comic called Boiled Spoons which *will* be on sale there. Lara and I were artists in it for the first four issues! Although for some reason we're credited as Kerrie and Claire. Mad! :lol:

Edited by babyFrodo

Ok I have to go now, but I will return to check on you all. With my parole officer.

Tomorrow morning, really early, I will find out what terrible deeds (or just conversation) has occured in the Project overnight.

*yawn* Must now do something like stare at boring TV screen...or sewing....or chain mail...

Bye then *waves, with a suspisiously inocent smile.When all backs are turned, slips ring onto finger and follows after Nickwise to see where she's being held*

There's gunna be a jail break tonight Agents!

:o

*stretchs my poor stiff limbs. Ow, I've had to walk all the way here (I'm used to being carried part of the way, you see) but I've found where Nickwise is captive*

Agents, I'm going in!

*looking around I see there is only one guard, a bald chap in an animal print jacket. It's just a guess, but he looks like he dabbles with the "old toby" himself. I decide to take a chance and go and reason with him...*

Good news Agents! He's agreed to release Nw in exchance for 1 crystal. Now this is where it gets a bit tricky. To obtain a crystal, I must chose one of you to play (and win) a two minute game, which can either be a mystery, a pyshical, a medical of a pokemon trading card battle.....

:D Wahhhh, sorry! It's now too early and I've not had any coffee :D

I did mean to exchange a few ideas last night, but you all caught me unawares :o:D .

So I guess I'll just have to give the gym a miss tonight.... *not really, lara. Well on fridays , I finish work early so we go in the afternoon anyway.

Here's a Boiled Spoons pic of mine with never made it to the comic cuz the creater didn't like it. I thought it was better than the other stuff I'd submitted. Sorry, off topic, but don't look if you're not interested ;):D

bscover.jpg

Edited by babyFrodo

There's gonna be a lot of Agents with a frying pan wound.

I'm horrified that the awful tree pic was allowed to be posted. I thought the cup-a-soup one couldn't get any worse....or the bunny girl Legolas....or the orc in police custody... I despair.

*Gathers up possessions, go straight back to jail with Ed Tudor-Pole and Richard O'brien and hides until there are no such things as cameras anymore.*

Nickwise is sad you think I am human. :D

whoa i dissapeard for a day and lost track of convesation :yoda: actually i don't think i was ever sure on what the

conversation was....

Nickwise, i belive your a hobbit (im not sure about merry, she looks alot like Eowyn if you ask me)

Firstly, Cazamir, I hope you are not implying Matthew? I've heard it mentioned before....

he would make a perfect Gollum, he's even agreed to put on weight so he'll have that skinny only eaten sushi for the last 500

years look

Baby Frodo, your drawings are so cool :angry: and as for your cat wanting to sleep on your orc armour you could ask nick if you

could borrow gertie to gaurd it :D

I used to have a goat called gertie, she sort of dissapeard tho......*thinks for a bit* NICKWISE HOW COULD YOU :blink:

I just wanted to say that Agents don't *have* to be lotr. Meaning that, well, i've being trying to recuit "Agent Lara". This would be most useful as she has close connections with "Agent Digital Camera"

B)  :P

Yes, agent Lara is a must have! Even if she doesn't have connections with agent digital camera :lol::D

Man, the amount of agents we could have is amazing. Agent chocolate pudding sounds good to me right now! *is on a mad chocolate binge tonight. I need the chocolate dammit!*

Nickwise tells me I have to take care of the thread. :lol: How she trusts me after the orc armor fetish incident, I don't know. I just won't mention the incident with the treebeard tree. ;) Hehehehe.

LOL! I could really use agent pepsi max about now!

Come on, tell us about the Treebeard tree :D If nickwise is here see can't stop you :lol:

This particular agent i know, and whom i think you all know, has a digital camera... whats more the memory card should fit in the new kodak booths in the boots places...

whats that you say?

i'm talking about myself?

no, can't be, i don't have a digital camera....

:huh::D

oh wait.

yes i do.

sorry, must mumble to myself more... i might actually know what i'm talking about then!!! :lol::lol:

oh by the way, little hobbit gamgee... nice impersonation of a Man-sized female, are the socks little hankerchiefs tied around? :D

(i.e. this agent will have his digital camera with him if he is able to fly to C6!!! :lol::lol: )

I'd like to leave a disclaimer. I am not in that picture. I never did any impressions of humans. You might see me hidden behind the tree and that huge ugly cretinous human girl (whom I do not know) but otherwise, I am not in that picture.

Cazamir, how come it doesn't work for you? Do you press the quote button above the comment you want to quote? I have no idea how people multiple-quote, so maybe not the best person to ask, is I.

Thankyou for believing in me being a hobbit, otherwise I will have to become Agent Legolas the elf of the woodland realm. Though I would feel out of place.

Your pictures are cool, babyFrodo :wub:

Good news Agents! He's agreed to release Nw in exchance for 1 crystal. Now this is where it gets a bit tricky. To obtain a crystal, I must chose one of you to play (and win) a two minute game, which can either be a mystery, a pyshical, a medical of a pokemon trading card battle.....

A medical? LMAO. I thought it was a mental....I have (being sad here) the whole fifteen million series of crystal maze on video.. :wub: so if I watched one I could always tell what the outcome would be. Can I be imprisoned in the Aztec zone? That was my favourite.

Lara, hope your computer gets better! We need our Agent Croft!!!!!

Gandalf tB I am confused....are you the person with the digital camera then? *what's going on?? I come back from parole and the thread has lifted off to 12 pages...*

somebody please tell me how to work the qoute thing, i mannaged it the other day but i forgot... remember that we hobbits arn't counted among the very wise and im right at the bottom of the pile

okies... to clear up some confusion...

[ Q U O T E ]take away the spaces[ / Q U O T E ]

and you get this

Gandalf tB I am confused....are you the person with the digital camera then? *what's going on?? I come back from parole and the thread has lifted off to 12 pages...*

yup, i'm the one with the camera....

damn i must start rambling more often, i'd actually thought i'd made it pretty clear!!! :wub::D

Lara, hope your computer gets better! We need our Agent Croft!!!!!

post up a descrip maybe? and i might be able to give advices? no promises, i just know too much about comps... :wub:

I'd like to leave a disclaimer. I am not in that picture. I never did any impressions of humans. You might see me hidden behind the tree and that huge ugly cretinous human girl (whom I do not know) but otherwise, I am not in that picture.

ugly? who does this hobbit call ugly? some wizards go for that kind of thing... though admittedly not this one... though this one does understand why saruman might be interested... ;)

Thankyou for believing in me being a hobbit, otherwise I will have to become Agent Legolas the elf of the woodland realm. Though I would feel out of place.

please don't become the ponce. you appear to be incredibly more... how can i say it without being offensive?... damn these hobbits for being observant little creatures... you appear more talented as a hobbit than the ponce does as an elf!!! :D:P:lol::D

EDIT: This picture has been removed for I no longer fear death, just lack of my lovely Nickwise. I also think it's becoming used to try and suggest that she is not a hobbit! Slanderous! And so it is taken away, to the "This is not Nickwise Gamgee" folder on my computer. Anyone who nows tries to suggest she isn't a hobbit, can go and check her police records. For there it will state "Hobbit with Hobbit Weed".

:D This public announcement was made by Sarowyn. Fearing neither pain nor death, but fearing the cage that holds the gertie. For in the cage is the gertie. :wub:

:P:lol::D

I am stupid, but not totally! :wub:

Firstly thankyou for making it clear not to be the 'ponce of an elf' *laughs* I think my talents lie only in stepping on thistles rather well :wub:

Trust me, the person in the picture is ugly enough to turn away the eye of Sauron! (they didn't have to march on the black gate after all, she should have just accompanied Sam and Frodo all the way and the Lord-of-all-dark-eyelids and he would have looked elsewhere!) :wub:

You did make it clear that you were agent digital camera, I just find it difficult to understand when I am having a thick day :D You wizards do talk in riddles sometimes though...and the black speach of Mordor....and the 'I'm gonna scare Bilbo out of his mind' voice...

I am scampering off to check on my Polyanthus seedlings, they need watering and they are all tiny and cute...and now I sound sad... :P

Oh sarawyn? you mentioned you were going to an anime con? Look out for a comic called Boiled Spoons which *will* be on sale there. Lara and I were artists in it for the first four issues! Although for some reason we're credited as Kerrie and Claire. Mad! 

babyfrodo, your drawings are very very cool! I will look out for this 'Boiled Spoons' at amecon! I can say "I know who drew that!" :D On a random related tangent, I just wanna say that my Sailor Mars tiara arrived this morning that I brought from ebay and I'm very very excited about it. :P I know that's off topic, but who else do I tell who'd understand the excitement of costumes than the people on this thread?! :lol::wub:

I have just hemmed my fellowship cloak (I suspect the hood will be too small, but never mind!) and am now eating an apple - Merry style. I think he likes Pink ladies as much as I do! :wub:

Edited by sarowyn

EDIT: This picture has been removed for I no longer fear death, just lack of my lovely Nickwise. I also think it's becoming used to try and suggest that she is not a hobbit! Slanderous! And so it is taken away, to the "This is not Nickwise Gamgee" folder on my computer. Anyone who nows tries to suggest she isn't a hobbit, can go and check her police records. For there it will state "Hobbit with Hobbit Weed".

:lol: This public announcement was made by Sarowyn. Fearing neither pain nor death, but fearing the cage that holds the gertie. For in the cage is the gertie.  :wub:

:D;):D

I am stupid, but not totally! :P

Sarowyn *huggles* how is your hood? I hope it works.

Thankyou for removing the weird girl. She scared me. It is, however, worrying that a respectable Gamgee has gotten a police record. For possesion, with no intent to sell. I was going to plant it on an orc and get them in trouble, but I wasn't smart enough to carry out my plan so I dressed as an orc and planted it on myself.

I will have to call Gertie back actually, I sent her out in search of all anti-hobbit propaganda, though I think she may have gotten distracted and murdered a few poor souls...Lock your doors, for god's sake. You may not fear pain or death, but when that thing gets in the letterbox, you're doomed.

I am covered in mud. :D:D:D:D and no, I haven't been growing hobbit weed. :wub:

You aren't stupid. You're Sarowyn. :D:D:P

I just find it difficult to understand when I am having a thick day

hehe, i knew there was plenty of protection inside the average hobbits skin on their head, but i didn't realise orcish protection increased it!!!! ;):wub:

You wizards do talk in riddles sometimes though

riddling has a reason, and the reason is to riddle...

and the black speach of Mordor....and the 'I'm gonna scare Bilbo out of his mind' voice

oddly the black speech is spoken more by the elves... poncey elf knows more of it than all but Sauron and Saruman themselves... :wub: scary...

Trust me, the person in the picture is beautiful enough to turn away the eye of Sauron! (they didn't have to march on the black gate after all, she should have just accompanied Sam and Frodo all the way and the Lord-of-all-dark-eyelids and he would have looked elsewhere!) :D

this is true. i must agree. totally. saruman even more so. :P:lol::D:D:D:D

Thankyou Mithrandir, you are most wise no matter what the lord Denethor says.

mithrandir?

yes, i know mithrandir...

rambling fool, but he says somethings that are wisdomish....

but who's this denethor? i shall have to visit him... if he considers my friend mithrandir to be less than wise, then he would need to look out for himself, mithrandir knows many spells and does more works than fireworkings for the pleasures of hobbits...

whats that you say?

*cups ear*

speak up young man!!!

what?

oh, i'm mithrandir?

:P

am i?

oh, yes, so i am....

I think its high time I posted something properly.

babyFrodo, I'm sorry this was pages ago, but did you say you were approaching the stage of making arrangements? I have a number of interesting suggestions for the future of Project Hobbit, possibly we can discuss this at c6, but these are distant things. :D I make no sense.

I am currently making my button-down braces (yes I am posting this between top-stitching) I think all I have left to do of all four costumes is:

*Complete small patches of chain mail.

*Finish braces.

*Get muddy. (looking forward to this) :lol:

*Two pairs of trousers to be made. This won't take long.

*a number of little projects (mostly involving boot polish) The odd finishing stitch, hem, or colouring.

*The props. All the props. Might take a likkle while longer. Sword needs making, our broom handles need re-vamping (unless I can find another matching stick) Ears need cutting.

Ok, so it might take a small amount of time to complete, but I am working flat out on this, so hoping things will all fall into place very soon. My only concerns are at the moment, nearly every weekend for me is booked up until September bar a few (or maybe one...I have to review the calender situation)

Cazamir, I am hoping you won't force your poor brother into a loincloth. And I didn't steal your goat. :lol::lol:

I think. :headscratch:

I will now go back to the button braces. I have about sixty big brown buttons to choose from. :D

*hug* hope you are all ok. I'm sorry I haven't made proper sense in a while, that happens when there are a lot of things going on, my poor brain cell can't cope with it!!

Hello hello!!

Goodness me! I've missed quite a bit on here haven't I?! Still can't quite catch up with everything. :wub:

Costumes:

babyFRODO, I love your *casual Frodo* outfit. It looks very casual. Really though it is a good costume and I like the blue shirt. I would be chuffed if I had a *casual Lara* outfit! Am I a good photographer yet?

Nickwise, OMG your orc armour is excellent! But then I knew it would be :wub: Great work can't wait to see Frodo and Sam dressed in orc armour stalking round Milton Keynes LOL. Yay!

Sarowyn, thats not a silly pic of you, thats a very good costume!! Dramatic and full of emotion, thats how some photos should be :wub:

Gandalf the Black, thanks for offering to help with my computer, although I'm not sure I could have described it's weird behaviour if I tried (you'd have to see it for yourself). Fortunately Indy seems to have got it under control and it's not actuing up now. Still not quite right but at least I don't wanna throw the darn thing out the window anymore :wub:

Yikes, Abseil thing tomorrow. Apparently there will be a variety of random superheroes there also!

Hey Lara!!!

I'm glad your computer isn't getting thrown out the window anymore. :wub:

babyFrodo's casual Frodo is great, I have been trying to work out what is being read by the tree....

You are a great photographer!!! I'm such an amateaur, Sarowyn was saying 'you can order me around a bit to get the right shot' cos I was all point and click at first, but then started to get into the whole 'You're really angry, be really angry, as if your uncle has just been thrown off his horse!!!! Growl at me!!'

:help: thankyou, orc armour is improving, I can't wait to walk into MK with bF...and everyone looking like 'o...k....walk away slowly, they have weapons....'

Good luck with your abseil thing!! I will be thinking of you! You'll do fine, and you'll have to tell us how you get on. *Go Lara, go Lara!!!* :D

Hello! This is both bF and lara here, just got back from the mail box which lara decided to throw herself off for charity!!!!!!!! ;) Go lara!

Since I don't want to log off, cuz I won't nremember my password to get back, we're both posting in my user name. So as not to confuse you coments from bF will be in green and lara's will be in purple

I'm going first. Lara you totally rock!!!!!!! I can't believe how brave you are! You looked so cool and Lara like, and raising over £200!!!! Agents please give a huge round of applause for our very own Agent Lara!!!!!!! You is too, too cool ;)

Nooooo!!! I'm not that brave! The hardest part is actually pestering people for money! :D The abseil and zip-line were'nt as scary as I thought and was actually loads of fun!

Of course you realise that I am going to insist on posting photos of the event! :lol: I liked the guy in the comic store who reconised you from the nec and admited that he taken your photo. He didn't reconise the Baggins, though :D

As long as I don't look stupid or scared on the photos!! I told you to dress up as well!! You probably could have done the zip-line for free!!

Lara! Youm are terrible! You can't plan on sneaking the hobbit in for free at a charity event! :P Knowing my luck, we'd get away with it but I'd then be dragged into the absail (which terrifies me!) as well. LOL! But still, you rocked!!!!!

Edited by babyFrodo