Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

Hey Baby Frodo *waves, hugs, waves again*

What are your costumes?, don't worry about having too many, the reason im making most of mine out of reclaimed/ pilfered

material is cos im broke, cant wait till i can afford to make loads of costumes tho:)

never thought of making a palantir but it sounds realy cool, im gunna try and get one now so i can throw myself about on the

floor staring at it :blink:

Cazamir !!!!!!!!!!!!!*hugs*

Am glad now that I didn't disconect! :lol:

:huh: Best make sure I'm on hand with a camera for when you dive around trying to escape the dark lord in the palantir (yes that's the name, thank you! :lol: )!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to make:

Orc armor Frodo. I'm pleased we're all turning into an amoured hobbit group :wub:

Grey Havens Frodo. Just started this one.

And also the returning to the shire elven outfit, Frodo had in the 3rd film which no one will reconise, but I'm going to make it anyway because I just love it!!!!!! Hopefully people will still know that I'm Frodo cuz of the wig.

Pilfering matterial is the way to go! My fellowship Frodo cape useed to be a table cloth at the copthorne hotel :wub: Busted! :D:unsure:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW 8 pages, well done

OK, um chain mail update, i was making it out of coat hangers but i ran out B) but then my dad brought home a huge

real of aluminium wire B) i love my dad, always knows just what 17 year old girls want as a present, anyways ive nearly

finnished a sleave and now have a new condition for the medical encylopedia !Plier hand! has anyone else got this?

Can't wait to see everyone elses costumes and chain mail :D

Cazamir!!! I am replying to yours first because I need to warm up the old tapping fingers to get through babyFrodo's posts B)

Plier hand -I am MOST familiar with this....do you knit with two pairs of pliers or one? I have to use two or (three :lol: ) and can only manage three or four straight hours of this before my hand seize up and go...'erm...may we stop working now?' I am so getting arthritus when I'm older. But no matter, I intend to dress as Bilbo Baggins when I have white hair and false teeth.

Jai told me about your wire! She is impressed! I am impressed! Keep up the good work and finished chain mail looks great!

How will I work out who you are then, if you are random general person?

You must great every random general person with a cry of "Mr Gandalf, sir!" until you find the right person. Sure you feel like a wally in the process, but everyone will go home with the happy memory of Samwise Gamgee calling out to them.

...Or, you know, you could just wait to be found as it might be easier. :D

Post #2

'Mr Gandalf sir!!! You KNOW I will. are you not afraid?' :lol:B)B)B)

I haven't thought about what I'm going to write about today, so sorry if turns into a rambled mess everyone!

Your disco ball is much more sophisticated than mine. I just got one with loads of mirror pieces, don't rotate or nothing! But it do reflect loads of tiny light squares all round the room if I shine a torch on it :D Which is great for confussing the cat who can't understand why I put the stupid thing up in *her* room in the first place!

Ah, but Sam will take to the dance whenever Frodo's around to sneak up behind him and give him a push! Then sits down himself and has a laugh. That's a little mean now that I think of it :lol:

I think I'm gunna phone round all the shops in MK just so that they can prepare for the onslaught of Armored Hobbits B) Lets give 'em a fighting chance!

I start with Woolworths and BHS. I'll leave Ann Summers up to you :P:D

Best not go near the Disney Store. With my masking tape and news paper sword B) , I'm sure to be mistaken for a terrorist!

Hehehehe, confusing the cat. One of my cats is too old to worry (and takes no interest unless it's edible) and the other one would probably look at me with an expression that says 'stupid, yes you are!!!Silly billy person...' (in that patronising 'kitty kitty' voice some people do to cats but turned on me....)

Yes pushing Sam onto dancefloor is cruel....I was so scared of discos as a kid that I used to hang around in the corner dancing with a plastic bag just to look busy. Oh all the confessions are coming out now....Come to think of it, I wonder how that plastic bag is getting along these days? :lol: *kicks self and shuts up*

Don't prepare the shops for onslaught of armourmed hobbits!!! The people in Woolies despise me because I get in the way with all my arrows and bow and chunky frying pans and allsorts... Grouchy old cretins. B)

Lets steer clear of the disney store, and leave Ann Summers to me. I will go in full orc armour and say 'got any chain mail thongs?' :lol: now that's wrong.

I admit the other Frodo person is really quite impressive, but she does look....I can't explain....slightly blank....There's no pain in her expression, or fear, or anguish,

And where's the " please hurry up and take the photo, cuz I'm gunna start laughing" face B) We've all got at least one of these :D

*Says Nickwise, who took about half an hour to start crying without cause just to see if I could.* *Was also sitting rather close to Andy Serkis at LFACC, so how could I cry?*

Ah, good. I was worried you might think I was a little odd when we get into a Mt doom pose and suddenly pipe up with "Does anyone mind if I start crying?" And now you've got me thinking about Andy! :lol::P Ah too many good memories of him from lfacc. *me hugging his arm crying I've got Andy!* :lol: I don't know what came over me, I don't normally act like that. Sorry Andy! And, of course when he called me a stupid fat hobbit (I asked him too, he wasn't just being rude :P ) That was just so cool,presious! That voice right in my ear, literally made me shudder. :lol:

See what you've done?! Don't mention the Serkis! LOL!

*hugs* Anyway, I'm not trading in my Frodo. She cuts off her finger to win competitions

Aw, thanks *hugs back* your Frodo wasn't about to let you trade her in! Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam, and she ( B) ) knows it! :D

loves that I've become known for cutting off a finger!!!!

Post # 4?

I'm glad I'm not alone in trying to cry for ultimate effect!!!! I have to practise. How can we possibly go through Mordor without a few tears? B) Especially after the hotel having such rubbish room service, and the food on the flight being so darn out of date....Make anyone burst into tears!!! The eagels weren't exactly business class either.

Andy Serkis. What a legend. Met him three times. He gets worried when he sees up amongst the crowd at every event he goes to... How can you not go all silly when you meet him? He's so cool.

The only person who called me a 'stupid fat hobbit' was some teenager in the queue to get into Wembley whatsit-sname, he shouted it rather loudly as I walked past to join the end of the queue.....later on he found me in the event and apologised for embarrassing me!!!

Glad you aint trading yourself anywhere :D Sam wouldn't have gotten far without the bottle of rum Frodo brought along...

All I've become known for is apparently 'fluking the costume competition because I wasn't good enough and just had loadsa mates in the crowd.' hehehe, I'll cut me hand off next time, blood draws the crowd!!!!! :D

Hmmm, this might be a good way to <A TITLE="Click for more information about travel" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||travel|AA1VDw">travel</A> to C6. The injuries would be *very* fresh and I'd save £££ on the train fair :lol::P

Nah, Fellowship Merry is the best! More reconisable and am loving that long green jacket. And I've already mention the waist coat fabric :D Then we can do the gash on the forehead - presto - two towers Merry!

That said don't you already have some Rohan Armor? :lol:

Oh, am sorry, sarawyn! You can go as whoever you want to!!!!!! :lol::D

*whispers* Merry. B) LOL!

*rolls around laughing.* Yes, lets do that, when you're coming down from B'ham, you might see a horse galloping toward MK, if so...I'll be hanging off the stirup!!! Catch up with me and we can enter the centre in style!! (oooh, that ryhmes!)

Sarowyn!!!!! Come as Saruman!!! dunno where that came from....and if Caz finds her palantir, you can do the weird finger-thing over it and look all psycho....

I am liking the idea of Cazamir doing the Pip-palantir stunt! I can turn round and say 'the eye of the enemy is moving....He is here!!!!'

*whispers* Saruman.... B)B)

Phew, I'll just mention that I intend to go to the collectormania party (waring a really posh Frodo outfit :D:lol: - something that's too obsure to wear around a con, but a party, it's just right for :lol: ) Now to make it!

I normally always try to go to forum meet ups but have a nack of missing them, even when I arrive half an hour before and hang around till at least half an hour after the meet up time! What is that all about? :lol:

I forgot why i was posting B)

I am most intrigued by this party. I think I might just have to go. Are we allowed to come dressed up? *well, I think that's a stupid question, don't you, Nickwise?*

*nods head at self*

There are a number of reasons I've never got to a meet...basically I have no transport or it's held on a day I can't make, or I simply don't know hardly anyone or where to get info from!!! And I think I've gone back to being tea-total. The last alcoholic drink I looked at was in February. But I might have a rum and coke one day....in the distant future....

*I'm not a big party/rave/disco/social person.* I go back to the plastic bag incident........... B)B)

I probably should warn you that um, the pic of Sam and Frodo orcs sitting on rocks? Well, my costume looks nothing like that! Well it's kind of the right shape...

Lara says it will be ok when it's all messed up, it's just looking to neat right now. Hope she's right. I look much more like the toy biz model.

For every Sam figure you have I bet I've got the corasponding Frodo! I tried to count all my Frodos some time ago but got bored after 30! How have they even made that many?! I worked over time so I'd have a bit of extra cash for the twight Frodo figure as well ;);) Which reminds me I got the twilight Frodo bust from them £1 for a random toy in an egg machines, yesterday ;) Wants to go and look at it now!

I got the elven boat Sam/Frodo pair cuz I liked the Sam. I bined the Frodo because it looks so much like a boy I used to know (and didn't like that much) that it scarred me! :lol:

But you're right Shoes are definately the scarriest things to a hobbit *whimper*

*says lots of bad censored words* they just deleted my post!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

My costume looks more like the toy. :lol: oh well. I shall call myself 'toy biz official orc armour Sam'

You threw away poor helpless defenceless scary-looked-like-someone-you-didn't-like-much Frodo????

awww. I'll trust your better judgement if it was THAT scary.

Shoes are bad. The restrict foot movement. And they never have any quite hobbit-foot sized...

All I got from them £1 egg thingys was many, many, many Gandalfs. :D well, ok, two.

All I've become known for is apparently 'fluking the costume competition because I wasn't good enough and just had loadsa mates in the crowd.' hehehe, I'll cut me hand off next time, blood draws the crowd!!!!! ;)

Am feeling all riled up cuz of some stupid children (we're early teens but think we look like adults cuz we wear the same clothes as pop stars. No one could possibly guess we are children no matter how much we act like them) :lol: They saw lara's husband sitting by himself waiting while we did photos (the costume ate my life :lol: ) and decided they wanted to pick a fight. Rudeness in people is very ugly :lol:

Way to ruin our day kiddies!

Sorry I'm in a ranting mood. Sorry.

Which explains why I'm anwsering this.

All I've become known for is apparently 'fluking the costume competition because I wasn't good enough and just had loadsa mates in the crowd.' hehehe, I'll cut me hand off next time, blood draws the crowd!!!!! :lol:

I don't think people think of you like that, Nickwise. Everyone I know thinks you definately deserved to win! Because your costume was bl :o:o dy good :wub: There was just a bit of bickering when it was all over, that's all. I aslo got on the end of "she only won cuz of all the friends" stuff. This is just unfair because um, all my friends are cosplayers who were either in the competition themselves or had other friends as well as me to chear for.

I gunna guess that this was the same for you. All your friends I saw were also in costume [i'm sure I've got a really nice photo of Faramir and Galadrial - I must scan and post!!!!!!!! ]When it comes down to it, only *one* person there was obliged by friendship to chear me on (hey Lara) and as I've just said she is also friends with the lara croft and catwoman who was also in the four along with me. *waves to Beks and Mich*

Sorry again, for the rant. I bet you weren't expecting this as a responce Nickwise! Sorry again. This upset me at the time and I felt to scarred to defend my self in case someone started on me for winning just because I'd put a bit of red paint on my finger. LOL.

Feeling better for having got that off my chest after all this time! *happy now*

Cazamir!!! I am replying to yours first because I need to warm up the old tapping fingers to get through babyFrodo's posts :lol:

:lol:;):lol: That's great!!!!

I have an idea, why not ask Showmasters if it's possible to restrict my posts to 50 words :lol::wub:

. Ahh, will return with more umpth tomorrow (after work). Sleep now.

Might post a pic to show off my new costume, just to chear meself up

[that post was 51 words, counting each emoticon as 1 word :lol: Not including this! Must be going daft again, if I've started counting me posts!]

:lol: Hi nick!!

I only use one pair of pliers because i only own one pair (at the mo. :lol: ) have decided to limit mysel to making eight,

lines of mail a day (as there is only so much day time tv you can watch ('I caught my husband in a topless bar'.... well what

were you doing in there? pot calling kettle black.....)) still i suppose i could watch LOTR, shut up caz, ok, did Jai give you the

cam creem i sent over?

I love the Armoured hobbits, in fact i think everyone should wear armour this time ;),

Cazamir!!! I am replying to yours first because I need to warm up the old tapping fingers to get through babyFrodo's posts :D

;):lol::lol: That's great!!!!

I have an idea, why not ask Showmasters if it's possible to restrict my posts to 50 words :lol::lol:

[that post was 51 words, counting each emoticon as 1 word :lol: Not including this! Must be going daft again, if I've started counting me posts!]

I would post a pic of my new costume but....well....I've not finished yet.

Here we go then. This is Casual Frodo (from FotR). Not ultra impressive but I'm still happy with self :lol: . Not entirely sure that posting this is serving in the chearing up department ;):lol:

casualcolage.jpg

Do when you're ready hun. Just whack it on to this thread :lol::lol:

Cu in about 9 hours (work) :D

Am feeling all riled up cuz of some stupid children (we're early teens but think we look like adults cuz we wear the same clothes as pop stars. No one could possibly guess we are children no matter how much we act like them) :D They saw lara's husband sitting by himself waiting while we did photos (the costume ate my life :lol: ) and decided they wanted to pick a fight. Rudeness in people is very ugly ;)

Way to ruin our day kiddies!

Sorry I'm in a ranting mood. Sorry.

Which explains why I'm anwsering this.

I don't think people think of you like that, Nickwise. Everyone I know thinks you definately deserved to win! Because your costume was bl :o:o dy good :wub: There was just a bit of bickering when it was all over, that's all. I aslo got on the end of "she only won cuz of all the friends" stuff. This is just unfair because um, all my friends are cosplayers who were either in the competition themselves or had other friends as well as me to chear for.

I gunna guess that this was the same for you. All your friends I saw were also in costume [i'm sure I've got a really nice photo of Faramir and Galadrial - I must scan and post!!!!!!!! ]When it comes down to it, only *one* person there was obliged by friendship to chear me on (hey Lara) and as I've just said she is also friends with the lara croft and catwoman who was also in the four along with me. *waves to Beks and Mich*

Sorry again, for the rant. I bet you weren't expecting this as a responce Nickwise! Sorry again. This upset me at the time and I felt to scarred to defend my self in case someone started on me for winning just because I'd put a bit of red paint on my finger. LOL.

Feeling better for having got that off my chest after all this time! *happy now*

*Huge big cuddly Samwise hugs to you, Lara and Mr Lara (sorry!)* Stupid people that think they're so great because they dress like, ten years older than they are and fifty years older than they're mental age. I can't say 'don't let it get to you' because it generally does and its annoying.

It's like the STUPID @9.07#'.p@*; fools that stole one of my arrows and threw it on the roof of MK (you can still see it poking out, even now.) It was this huge bunch of lads that obviously had nothing better to do and luckily I knew better than to take my white knives to them (even thought they'd helped themselves to them.) :lol::lol:

GRRRR. It makes you so cross, doesn't it? How cruel and stupid some people can be. I am with you on this one.

Yeah I know the feeling with the 'friends' thing. I was accompanied by Galadriel, Faramir (Cazamir) and Sarowyn and they all deserved to be pulled out themselves, so I don't know how three people could possibly change the whole comp. But it's upsetting when there's the in-fighting at these things cos no-one wants to be told that they shouldn't have won because someone else was better.

I admit I shouted 'Mr Frodo' as LOUD as I blinking could when you were up (hmmm....did I fix the competition? Not my fault I have good loud voice for calling prescriptions....) but only because you deserved it!!!!

Anyway, I've made up with the person that started the nasty comment. I don't entirely blame them, but there shouldn't be so much competitveness. I only come along for the fame ;):lol::lol:

My ranting and raving is over also....hehehehehe. *hugs to you all* :wub::lol:

:lol: Hi nick!!

I only use one pair of pliers because i only own one pair (at the mo. :D ) have decided to limit mysel to making eight,

lines of mail a day (as there is only so much day time tv you can watch ('I caught my husband in a topless bar'.... well what

were you doing in there? pot calling kettle black.....)) still i suppose i could watch LOTR, shut up caz, ok, did Jai give you the

cam creem i sent over?

I love the Armoured hobbits, in fact i think everyone should wear armour this time :lol:,

Yo Caz!!!!

Thankyou so much for the cool army camouflage mud stuff thing whatnot!!! Jai came over last night with it, so I am very grateful!! I had to kinda try it out at ten o'clock last night....

*hugs Cazamir for cool mud.*

LMAO at 'topless bar incident' stop watching that terrible daytime tv it's all fixed and pretend and who the hell wants to know kinda thing.... ;):lol:

woohoo! 9 pages!!! only one hundred and one to go!!!

I think I still have plier hand. :lol:

Cazamir!!! I am replying to yours first because I need to warm up the old tapping fingers to get through babyFrodo's posts ;)

:lol::lol::lol: That's great!!!!

I have an idea, why not ask Showmasters if it's possible to restrict my posts to 50 words :lol::lol:

Heya Naurarwen!

I'm sure your costume is great!! I've got loads to finish off, but there will never be any pics. :D No scanner. No webspace. :lol:

Here we go then. This is Casual Frodo (from FotR). Not ultra impressive but I'm still happy with self :lol: .

Not entirely sure that posting this is serving in the chearing up department ;):lol:

casualcolage.jpg

Do when you're ready hun. Just whack it on to this thread :lol::lol:

Cu in about 9 hours (work) :D

*loves* these are brilliant. Sam is jealous.

Not entirely sure that posting this is serving in the chearing up department :lol::lol:

*MORE SAMWISE HUGS*

Would a nice tater cheer you up? I have plenty, I am growing them in a big pot. I'm going to hopefully harvest them before winter and have a nice roast tater selection....I can send one over now.

*Sends a potato through Invision PowerBoard* The transition might make it a bit crispy.

Hope work was ok. I'll be back. Terminator style. :wub:

Baby frodo, your costume is so cool :)

I shouted as loud as i could for frodo and legolas at the last competition, because i honestly thought that you both deserved

to win, as well as many of the people who didnt get chosen (I guess all those years of shouting at recruits was worth it after

all ;) ) i think people are just jelous,

nick, plier hand has formd a perminant bruise, which does make things like picking a cup up... interesting :D

I will post a picture of my costume when it is finnished, also im looking for a Merry so we can dance about on a table

singing :lol:

Ok, it ate my post! But this is sarowyn, hacking into everything Nickwise has, especially her computer and email accounts.

But not without good reason, because I have for you all...

Nickwise Gamgee's Orc Armor fetish (costume half done)

PHOTOS! :D

Obviously we don't quite have the right settings as you do babyfrodo (we tried to leave out the washing and wheelie bins from the photos) but it was all done rather short notice! But you can all bask in the glory of her costume that is not finished yet.

Nickwise, I am sure will be replying to everyone's posts later on, but only when I pay the bail charges to have her released from prison (see one of the photos, for hobbit weed raids. :D "put your hands up against the wall sonny jim...").

We are off to do more photos! Nickwise says : :D:DB):yoda::o