Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its high time I posted something properly.

babyFrodo, I'm sorry this was pages ago, but did you say you were approaching the stage of making arrangements? I have a number of interesting suggestions for the future of Project Hobbit, possibly we can discuss this at c6, but these are distant things. :D I make no sense.

I am currently making my button-down braces (yes I am posting this between top-stitching) I think all I have left to do of all four costumes is:

*Complete small patches of chain mail.

*Finish braces.

*Get muddy. (looking forward to this) :lol:

*Two pairs of trousers to be made. This won't take long.

*a number of little projects (mostly involving boot polish) The odd finishing stitch, hem, or colouring.

*The props. All the props. Might take a likkle while longer. Sword needs making, our broom handles need re-vamping (unless I can find another matching stick) Ears need cutting.

Ok, so it might take a small amount of time to complete, but I am working flat out on this, so hoping things will all fall into place very soon. My only concerns are at the moment, nearly every weekend for me is booked up until September bar a few (or maybe one...I have to review the calender situation)

Cazamir, I am hoping you won't force your poor brother into a loincloth. And I didn't steal your goat. :lol::lol:

I think. :D

I will now go back to the button braces. I have about sixty big brown buttons to choose from. :D

*hug* hope you are all ok. I'm sorry I haven't made proper sense in a while, that happens when there are a lot of things going on, my poor brain cell can't cope with it!!

Good luck with all you costumes, nw! It's mainly OAF which is eating all my time. I really want an excuse for a dress rehearsal for fellowship frodo! Today, I brougt sting!!!!!!! :D

It lights up blue, makes clanging sounds and cost £115!! Woolworths saw you coming!

Very good! :lol: It's a very good replica and I love it :wub: It's too big for scabard though so I'll have to go back to the thing I made *shudder*

Lara has picked up my Forbidden Planet catalog and is surgesting ideas for costumea as I type. These have so far included Fiona (shrek), the munsters in black and white, tin tin and moonface and the sauspan man from Enid Blyton books!!!

Right then, back to project hobbit (or project humam as in some cases *nods at nickwise* :lol: )

You're right that i'm only really free at weekends. I have one more holiday day to book but that is it. I'm happy to use it for this though. I would like to throw some ideas your way and hear about whats important to you on this. What scenes do you want to recreate more than others etc. I wish I could ask you face to face rather than online. I have loads of ideas as well!!!!

Being realistic (wah, I don't do that often!) one day isn't enough to do 4 (was that what you said?) costumes. So I was thinking od doing the oa stuff at c6 because we're not going to find a good location anyway (feel free to prove me wrong). No, I don't mean outside of Marks and Spencers, silly! Ann Summers is much better! No, no, no, I am joking. There ara actually some okay places arround the shopping center and we can always fall back on composites.

Am looking forward to playing out and about though. And composites might make people think you've altred the image of you and stuff!

I just wanted to say, Nickwise, that I already thought your Sam costume was fab and you don't need to work flat out (unless you want to). Not for the sake of our photoshoot anyway! You're more than good enough for want I wanted to do! I soo happy to have a ORS! :D I can't wait to storm mk! Cazamir be in armor too right? Cool!!! :D

Speaking of oa, I'm feeling a little bad that I haven't got any pics of OAF to show you. I'm just not ready for photos yet. If I could just show you the thing I would *wonders if it will cram into scanner ;) *

Clap clap clap clap clap, woo hoo clap clap, go agent Lara!!!!! :D , very brave, ill jump off an 8 story tower only attached by a

piece of wire and belt aroung my waist, but i will never absail, well done! what charity did you do it for?

Hey Lara!!!

I'm glad your computer isn't getting thrown out the window anymore. :lol:

babyFrodo's casual Frodo is great, I have been trying to work out what is being read by the tree....

You are a great photographer!!! I'm such an amateaur, Sarowyn was saying 'you can order me around a bit to get the right shot' cos I was all point and click at first, but then started to get into the whole 'You're really angry, be really angry, as if your uncle has just been thrown off his horse!!!! Growl at me!!'

:D thankyou, orc armour is improving, I can't wait to walk into MK with bF...and everyone looking like 'o...k....walk away slowly, they have weapons....'

Good luck with your abseil thing!! I will be thinking of you! You'll do fine, and you'll have to tell us how you get on. *Go Lara, go Lara!!!* :lol:

No, my computers safe for a while... :lol:

Thanks but I've got a lot of catching up to do to be as good as bF. But then again I was never as bad as what she was when she first started!! :lol: I mean, do you see any of my thumbs in the photos of bF?

lol! you're right! but I can't help but notice that I'm not holding my costume together in any of these shots either! :D

Waaaahh! But all I had was cardboard and prittstick!!

Its funny when the photographer gets more enthusiastic than the photo subject! Hahahahaha!

;) So I get a little over excited at times..... :lol:

Thanks for wishing me luck, Nickwise! I had a great time :wub:

Clap clap clap clap clap, woo hoo clap clap, go agent Lara!!!!! ;) , very brave, ill jump off an 8 story tower only attached by a

piece of wire and belt aroung my waist, but i will never absail, well done! what charity did you do it for?

Thank you Cazmir!! You sound braver than me! Or crazier :D

It was for Focus on Blindness charity. You must join in next time we get the opportunity to do something mad and dangerous!! Hehe.

Yay, next time invite Aggent Pippin!!!

Lara, I am very impressed by how much you raised and your dedication!!! Well done! I am proud of you!!!

babyFrodo, I was thinking of some interesting ideas, because of the short time we have had on working on planning this, I reckon we may have to meet up again at some other point to finish off, but for now we have enough sorted for a day of larking around. ;) But I won't force you to do that at all.

I was discussing with Sarowyn about this certain location I have found which looks so much like Mordor you would think you were there. The only problem is, its in Wales and I can't possibly get to it this year. It would be so perfect and I have a great panoramic shot of it. Darn, why is East Anglia so damn flat and Shire-y? Hehehe, anyway, I am just making mad speculations, so by all means, don't fear this prospect!

I don't expect you to book any holiday off for project hobbit!!! I am just annoyed that I have to work Sundays and it seems every decent Saturday I have, something has fallen in to cover it. Like house-sitting while the parents go to Exeter....two weeks off on a surfing holiday (not so bad :lol::lol: )

Orc armour does seem to gobble up time, doesn't it? My shoulder patch of chainmail has turned into a sleeve... meaning I have to make another one to match :D Yes, I think maybe doing ROTK orc armour gear shots would be better in Ann Summers. I mean, wintery weather. That's a freudian slip :lol: And British winter is between September and July. :wub:

Lara wasn't the only one to suggest a Shrek costume!!! LOL!!!

Just to reiterate, I will be more than willing to offer financial backup for you (and Lara if she is coming) for any of these weird project ideas, so no worries if you are stuck. I am most serious, because I feel I should be investing in something in my spare time, and now I am not paying £15 in bus fare every week I seem to be saving money, and i am a complete miser so I need to do some spending!! :lol:

What scenes are important? Hmmm, the ones in LOTR... :lol: I think whatever you set your heart on, Mr Frodo, I don't mind. So long as I can have one of me holding a cabbage in Farmer Maggot's field. *need to buy cabbage, but not yet, preciouss*

Don't worry about posting OAF pics, it adds to the suspense!! I can't wait to see it properly!!! A while back you said we ought to meet up halfway, or we'd be searching in random places in the hills of the English version of middle earth, so when we have made our arrangements I'll e-mail you my mobile number or something so you can locate me.

'Sam, where are you?'

'In a field, near a tree, Mr Frodo, where are you?'

'In a field, near a tree, Sam.'

'Erm...can you see anything else?'

'No Sam'

'Right, I'll jump up and down and see if I can clear the hedge...'

Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without BT Cellnet....

Back soon... :D

Trust me, the person in the picture is beautiful enough to turn away the eye of Sauron! (they didn't have to march on the black gate after all, she should have just accompanied Sam and Frodo all the way and the Lord-of-all-dark-eyelids and he would have looked elsewhere!) ;)

this is true. i must agree. totally. saruman even more so. :lol: :lol: :lol::wub::lol::lol:

Gandalf the black, you changed my quote!!! That was sly wizadry there.... though I disagree with you :D

Yes, the orc helmet provides protection against those IQ points!!!

Edited by Nickwise Gamgee

Nickwise 2 weeks surfing how cool :lol: (it beats my three weeks of military training), where are you going?

Cornwall :wub: woooo! In beachside hut number 77, right by the cliff. ;)

Military training, how cool! Why did you ask for that in the travel agents? LOL, just kidding. :D

'I'm after an exotic location, fine food, good weather, oh, and 6am to 6pm hard graft with the cadets.' :lol:

Lara, I am very impressed by how much you raised and your dedication!!! Well done! I am proud of you!!!

I was discussing with Sarowyn about this certain location I have found which looks so much like Mordor you would think you were there. The only problem is, its in Wales and I can't possibly get to it this year. It would be so perfect and I have a great panoramic shot of it. Darn, why is East Anglia so damn flat and Shire-y? Hehehe, anyway, I am just making mad speculations, so by all means, don't fear this prospect!

B) Thank you, Nickwise! :D

This place in Wales intruiges me some what. I'd would love to do a photo shoot in Devon by the sea!! (But thats not really for hobbits!)

Ooh is somebody doing a Princess Fiona costume? Coz if they are then I won't, but I just thought it was a good idea coz Shrek is so in now. Imagine all the kiddies crowding round Princess Fiona at C6 (Eeek! :D ) I've got plenty of other costume projects to keep me busy this year. (Well one anyway but thats enough for me!)

Me and bF had a super duper photo shoot today, despite the rain and dull cloudy sky. I hope bF gets some of them on Photobucket soon coz she's got loads of good ones that need to be shown off (Sorry bF hope you don't mind me saying this :)

Parachute jump, Cazmir? I don't know if I could be talked into that one ! Unless it's in costume of course :lol:

well the jump would be in normal clothes, unlike all those people last year at MK dressed up as shoppers (wierdos)

nick. Matt realy does want to be Smeagol. and im not cruel, well maybe a little, but, ok so i am, but i realy don't see how it

matters......

:lol: Thank you, Nickwise! :D

This place in Wales intruiges me some what. I'd would love to do a photo shoot in Devon by the sea!! (But thats not really for hobbits!)

Ooh is somebody doing a Princess Fiona costume? Coz if they are then I won't, but I just thought it was a good idea coz Shrek is so in now. Imagine all the kiddies crowding round Princess Fiona at C6 (Eeek! :rolleyes: ) I've got plenty of other costume projects to keep me busy this year. (Well one anyway but thats enough for me!)

Me and bF had a super duper photo shoot today, despite the rain and dull cloudy sky. I hope bF gets some of them on Photobucket soon coz she's got loads of good ones that need to be shown off (Sorry bF hope you don't mind me saying this :)

Parachute jump, Cazmir? I don't know if I could be talked into that one ! Unless it's in costume of course :blink:

Oh no!! No-one's ACTUALLY making a shrek costume, we were just fooling around with ideas. Bananaman was another suggestion....so were the teletubbies!! :lol::lol: I think Fiona would be a cool costume! She has a groovy dress, go for it. (can I be Donkey? I can talk as much as him) :lol:

I'm glad you had a good photoshoot!!! Can't wait to see photos :D

I'm hoping I can arrange some Legolas shots in the woods somewhere....hehehe....scare all the dog walkers (again) Sarowyn, you'll be Arwen, right?

Yes, Wales is fantastic for so many different landscapes all very close together, but so is Devon, for all the moorland and cliffs! I want to get down to Dartmoor or Exmoor or Bodmin, just so I can find that beast and use it in the background as a Warg rider (of course I am kidding :lol: )

Cazamir, if Matt wants to be Gollum, then by all means allow him to, but make sure you have a blanket to wrap round him when it gets cold!! I'll jump out of a parachute! But I think all my frying pans might get tangled in the release cord and something bad could happen... :lol:

Trust me, the person in the picture is beautiful enough to turn away the eye of Sauron! (they didn't have to march on the black gate after all, she should have just accompanied Sam and Frodo all the way and the Lord-of-all-dark-eyelids and he would have looked elsewhere!) :D

this is true. i must agree. totally. saruman even more so. :D :D ;);):P:P

Gandalf the black, you changed my quote!!! That was sly wizadry there.... though I disagree with you :lol:

quote changing??

who's this evil wizard??

he's in my territiory!!! :angry::angry:

hmm...? what do you say?

I'm the one who changed it?

did i??

:unsure::D

why, yes, so you're right...

i changed it to a more accurate terminology... remember the Dark Lord likes the ugly.... ;)

unless of course you're suggesting he could have tortured you and focoused his attention elsewhere than the ringbearer??

ah well....

i thought i could blast another wizard....

its a little spell called fireball.... :P:firedevil:

now, how did it go again?

:P

Trust me, the person in the picture is beautiful enough to turn away the eye of Sauron! (they didn't have to march on the black gate after all, she should have just accompanied Sam and Frodo all the way and the Lord-of-all-dark-eyelids and he would have looked elsewhere!) :D

Gandalf the black, you changed my quote!!! That was sly wizadry there.... though I disagree with you :lol:

quote changing??

who's this evil wizard??

he's in my territiory!!! :o;)

hmm...? what do you say?

did i??

:huh::D

i changed it to a more accurate terminology... remember the Dark Lord likes the ugly.... ;)

unless of course you're suggesting he could have tortured you and focoused his attention elsewhere than the ringbearer??

ah well....

its a little spell called fireball.... ^_^^_^

;)

tut tut, my dear wizard, how you forget yourself... :D

I think that being tortured for the sake of *A DIVERSION!* is good enough explanation for the gollum-esque apperance of *that* human. Though Gollum has a certain cuteness. :D

A diversion, I have been dying to get that into a comment. What a smart Legolas I am. I state the obvious. Hahaha!!! *claps* I'm special. :P

You can blast another wizard, are you and ol' Saruman still friends? Go and pick a fight, but I will warn you, if he tries to lock you in his castle, do the Indiana Jones-dive-under-the-door-and-don't-forget-your-hat-trick, so as not to get beaten up. :lol:

quote changing??

who's this evil wizard??

he's in my territiory!!! :o;)

hmm...? what do you say?

did i??

:huh::D

ah well....

its a little spell called fireball.... ^_^^_^

;)

tut tut, my dear wizard, how you forget yourself... :D

I think that being tortured for the sake of *A DIVERSION!* is good enough explanation for the gollum-esque apperance of *that* human. Though Gollum has a certain cuteness. :D

A diversion, I have been dying to get that into a comment. What a smart Legolas I am. I state the obvious. Hahaha!!! *claps* I'm special. :P

You can blast another wizard, are you and ol' Saruman still friends? Go and pick a fight, but I will warn you, if he tries to lock you in his castle, do the Indiana Jones-dive-under-the-door-and-don't-forget-your-hat-trick, so as not to get beaten up. :lol:

saruman? who's saruman?

indiana jones? isn't that the woman who did blind date??

What a smart Legolas I am.
YOU MAKE A BETTER HOBBIT THAN AN ELF, GIRL!!! DON'T BE AN UTTER PONCE!!!!

now where was i....?

ah yes.

I think that being tortured for the sake of *A DIVERSION!* is good enough explanation for the gollum-esque apperance of *that* human.

no doubt why sauron would have been trying to make you scream... i wonder whether it was pain or pleasure that was heard thfroughout mordor... there are ways of torturing without actually hurting, but instead pleasuring... ;) ;) ;)

don't-forget-your-hat

i've never forgotten my hat, dear hobbit!!!!

*scratches head*

now, where did i put that hat....?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You concern me. :lol:

Yes......Indiana Jones....Blind date...hmmm.... of course... :headscratch:

Sauron's not my type. Too....well...evil. Torture itself would be to be told that my innocence is in jeopardy. :D I am a nice hobbit. I don't dabble in dangerous arts of so-called pleasure :D:P

Lost your hat? Bilbo stole it. I saw him scamper off with it.

On the costuming side, agents, I have completed my two pairs of trousers and my button-down braces and halfway through the orc calf bindings (now that sounds wrong, no wonder Sarowyn was on about fetishes. This IS bad.)

I have also done more to the orc boots, so that when I walk, there will be a distinctive sound of 'chink chink chink', by adding fish-scaling to the toes and more chain to the ankles.

I think I am 95% complete on the FOTR /TTT gear. *woohoo!*

Yeah! Woohoo! Is I ment to know what you're all on about? :lol:

My Sam is *not* to be tortured in any way shape or form!!!! :headscratch: In fact, I give in! Keep the ring, no on is to be hurt in my name! *bites off ring finger (with ring, of course) and throws it to Sauron*

Be free, Agent Sam :lol:

*here that rumbling? tis the sound of the world's end*

Edited by babyFrodo

:D Thank you, Nickwise! :D

Ooh is somebody doing a Princess Fiona costume? Coz if they are then I won't, but I just thought it was a good idea coz Shrek is so in now. Imagine all the kiddies crowding round Princess Fiona at C6 (Eeek! :lol: ) I've got plenty of other costume projects to keep me busy this year. (Well one anyway but thats enough for me!)

Parachute jump, Cazmir? I don't know if I could be talked into that one ! Unless it's in costume of course :lol:

Only a brief visit online is this, so I sahll reply to what I miss later on. I will also try to do that photobucket later too. Lara, I had a feeling you were going to post that!!!!!!!

I'm loving my new sting. It looks real, but if I get stopped you need only touch it to know it isn't (no need to fear arrest!). And kids who grab it from me before I can stop them won't do too much damage to themselves (the handle, which holds most of the mechanism, is quite a weight though :D )

Yes this is the new line cinema, fx collectible sting! It tells me when orcs are near :D

Nickwise, you can have my reproduction scabard if your sting will fit it. :D

I've got too much to say, anyone mind if I return a little later (I'm required round Lara's tomb now, to spend a few hours looking at photos of her!!!!!!! *results of yesterday's shoot. We've finished all the photos and now have to chose the best to send to the competition*

Yeah! Woohoo! Is I ment to know what you're all on about? :o

My Sam is *not* to be tortured in any way shape or form!!!! :P In fact, I give in! Keep the ring, no on is to be hurt in my name! *bites off ring finger (with ring, of course) and throws it to Sauron*

Be free, Agent Sam :D

*here that rumbling? tis the sound of the world's end*

You can't do that Mr Frodo! You have to complete this! *damn, the world has ended*

:headscratch::wub: *is all touched that Mr Frodo let the world end to stop them torturing the gardener* :wub:B):angel:

I'm going to keep the Baggins' garden especially well cared for now. Oh, I forgot, the world has ended.. :lol:

Not to worry! Lets go to the garden centre and buy some seeds....Gondor, Rohan, Lothlorien (rather expensive but last a VERY long time) The Shire (I already have a good stock of these.) And grow a new middle earth. Minus one big dark lord and all his minions.

oh, nearly forgot! *picks up remains of Mr Frodo's finger and tapes it back on with gaffer tape.* :P

Yes this is the new line cinema, fx collectible sting! It tells me when orcs are near

Nickwise, you can have my reproduction scabard if your sting will fit it.

Now, is this the Woolworthses replica...or the real thing :D Does it make clanging sounds? Sarowyn and me love the 'He-man' sword which shouts 'I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!' when you press it, so it has become a tradition to poke it everytime we go into Woolies, and scare all the people around us.

I cannot possibly take your scabbard from you. Not even to borrow. I will not let this happen. I already have a bagsy on borrowing the cool sausages for the Fellowship photos :o My Sting needs replacing. But seeing as Sam doesn't *really* need Sting, I might not. Plus its blunt, so no accounts of terrorism.

I really hope Lara's competition goes well!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get stuck in the tomb you might be raiding though, us hobbitses don't like the dark all that much, especially the ones which contain big (and i mean BIG) spiders. :D

Catch you all later!

Sarowyn and me love the 'He-man' sword which shouts 'I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!' when you press it, so it has become a tradition to poke it everytime we go into Woolies, and scare all the people around us.

...must...resist....urge...to buy....he-man....sword...

Oh man, now you've just given me bad ideas, mentioning that sword! I want a he-man sword for my Merry costume! I can think of nothing more fun than running around acting all Merry-ish, only to pull out that thing and press the button! :P:headscratch::o

Actually, I think the He-Man sword was at one point my suggestion to be sting wasn't it? :angel: Just when sting was out of stock, I we saw He-Man and it was said that it was the next best thing...only better because of the "I HAVE THE POWER!!!" sounds.

I love all toys that make noises though. It's the child in me. Never let me near the hobby horses that play tunes ("I could have this unicorn one as Arwen's horse! *presses button and twinkly music starts to play* Noro lim Asfaloth! Noro lim!") :lol:

So, in conclusion...I cannot wait to see your sting babyfrodo. The novelty of a light up sword is just too exciting to someone simple minded like me! :wub:

I'm off to...hmmm, reply to this email I have just got from some mad hobbit gardner called Nickwise!!! :P