Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

First of all - Nickwise, my dear little hobbit, take a deeeeeep breath. No panicking. You're in a green field, picking some flowers for that nice baggins chap... :o

What about Orc armour Bert and Ernie?!  *silly baggins*

Lol! :P Oh man, who's carring the ring though? ...Hmm, I guess it would probably be Bert. He's the more broody of the two isn't he, wheras Ernie has that 'nothing ever dampens your spirts' vibe about him. Is it wrong that I actually sat and pondered that for about five minutes and wondered what sort of armor they'd wear??? I think it is.

I really, really, REALLY wanted "dance myself to sleep" That is one of my favourite sketchs. I was disappointed it's not on the album.

I can't believe you pair  And how you seem to like all the stuff I'm normally too embarassed to admit I like! 

*whispering* I've got Bert socks 

#I've got some friends I can count on called the boogie woogie sheep! I dance myself to sleep!# We're just both childlike at heart. :D And how can you not like Bert and Ernie??? I'm rather a big fan of The Count too, and I know for a fact that Nick is a fan of Snuffy. I could burn you a CD with I dance myself to sleep on it actually...although I have no garrentees as to what other songs would be added... :D

And can I have some of what you're making?! 

I shall make some sometime like C6 and then you can! A friend of mine in america was saying she was making rice crispie treats with syrup and all that, and I just thought I'd try it. I'm going to give some to Nick tomorrow and hope to god that it doesn't kill her with all the sugar. She's bad enough on just giant buttons, these could be a disaster! :angel:

I LOVE your pictures! :D Man, you're right about those moody sting ones! You seriously look just like Elijah in them, it's spooky! They just rock. *in awe of costume, posing and photo capabilities* And randomly, you look really pretty in that first photo too you know. :)

I have all the fabric I need for a Merry costume now BTW. *Just realised she's said nothing on the subject* I've made myself a fellowship cloak, my Dernhelm trousers have been shorted, I've got a shirt, I've started mutilating a suit jacket to make it more Merry-ish and the waistcoat fabric is ready to actually be made into a waistcoat. Oh, and I've started on his bag (that can be seen in the costume design bit on fotr extended. Yay for characters with bags already designed! Eowyn and Arwen need bags dammit), so that just needs some straps and a drawstring really. With any luck, I can really get going on this in the coming week in between making odd bits and bobs for other outfits. *crosses fingers it all looks ok when finished*

Night all! (Will text as suggested agent Sam :( )

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lord, I missed tons!

Firstly, cool Frodo photos!!!!!!!! Argh, I have a lot to live up to. :vader:

I think Gonzo would fit Frodo's orc helmet the best....just think how comfy his nose would be!

Snuffalapagos! Yes, that's my cat's name. Well, it used to be Snuffles, but then got shortened to Snuff, and now is Snuffleapagos....and is impossible to spell....

I can't believe you pair And how you seem to like all the stuff I'm normally too embarassed to admit I like!

*whispering* I've got Bert socks

This is something to be embarrased about? Oh!!! that's why I get weird looks... I have Top Banana socks. They are my favourite. They have a banana on them. *claps* I am clever!!!

All of you have chatted about four pages since I last had time to waffle back....now lets see,

Project Hobbit. So babyFrodo and Lara, you might be able to make it then? Sarowyn, would you be alright to make it? I know we can't send you home in a sack, but what about your parents? I'll discuss this with you. If all goes well, we can make definates this afternoon or something. If you find any rail times etc that better suit you than what I have suggested, it isn't too late to rearrange meetings etc.

For goodness sake, Nickwise, why can't you find rail times and routes on the internet? I dunno, Mr Gamgee sir, I just can't seem to find any usufel information, they all want to send me to Kettering without a return ticket....

See you all soon!

The board is set, the pieces are moving....

You guys!!!!!!!!!!! I've just been woken up (lazy hobbit) by the post man, bringing me a parcel fron Empire magazine! It contain a lotr cap, t shirt, bag (which my dad's nicked to store his linking rings in :vader: ) and cd case!

I guess this means I was a runner up in the uk no. 1 lotr fan competition!

I'm excited and I wanted to share :D:D:D;)

See u shortly. Looks like I'm going to be booking some train tickets today then? :D

Gandalf the Black, I can't afford to get my dad's sword forging cast iron work kit up and running, but we have a good go at making steel/aluminium replicas. He does actually have the cast iron ladle etc for forging metal. Only it's buried amongst motorcycles, welding gear, panel beatings, workbenches, sandblasting tanks, paint pots, white spirit, industrial size grinders, metal saws, clamps, sheets and sheets of metal, wood, plastic.....

My dad has three sheds and two garages.Each choc full of stuff. All is useful. I have my own selection of weird things too. Soldering kits, engravers....(oh you are yawning right now, aren't you? hehehehe) If I lived with him, I would be in the workshop creating monstrousities of craft everyday.

Dragonlance? Do I get a review beforehand? I don't generally go for 'recommended books'. You'll have to intrigue me somewhat. This is coming from someone who likes Lord of The Flies, The contemporary Oxford Dictionary and Diagnosis murder, the book of the program. I have the weirdest collection of books. There is about ten books to every Uruk-Hai in Saruman's army in my cupboard.

If they teach you about Robin Hood's washing habits in Wizard school, I think you need a paycut. :P

*gets whacked over the head with a rather heavy troll fist*

*gets hit by several more troll fists*

wow...

okay... i haven't been on much tis true but hey, there are A LOT of posts... i'm not even goin thru most of them i reckon!!! :P

*picks jaw up from the floor*

okies... nickwise?

i thought you might have been kidding about the making of swords...

damn, i need to get a look at your handiwork!!! :P:o

dragonlance....

its really an entire series that is... extremely difficult to review easily.

however, Chronicles is a single trilogy - think of it as something like LOTR - and then all the other books are around it, covering different aspects of the world, future and past events.... you get the idea, i'm sure ;)

Chronicles

basic review from me

the world of krynn has worshipped false gods for about 3,000 years, when it was believed that the true gods had left the world.

the trilogy (i have it in a single edition) starts with the appearance of a blue crystal staff, revealed by a barbarian in an inn. the staff is being hunted by the powers of darkness of the true gods as it is one of only a few relics of the true gods, and as such is the catalyst for ppl beginning to realise they have worshipped the false. however, by this time the forces of darkness are already moving - armies of dragons and draconians (humanoid cousins of dragons) are moving across krynn.

a series of quests have to be completed by a number of heros - a knight, thief, half-elf (and later a number of elves) a barmaid, a wizard, a warrior, and a cleric (the bearer of the staff.)

its based on the old dungeons and dragons form of games :D

quite a good read, and i haven't done it justice :D but hey, i too have a variety of books - several star trek, LOTR, the silmarillon, a wizard of earthsea (excellent, and if you haven't read it i insist that you do - a young boy's personal quest of discovery into adulthood, and how he deals with the consequences of a spell gone wrong) not to mention ethics in practice, philosophy and religion, the twentieth centuary world... well, the last 3 are textbooks that i haven't really read, but they're good for what i need them for :D :D :D

and no, they don't teach me robin hood's washing habits - but what else is he going to need a woman for?!? he doesn't exactly have a suitable home for bringing up kids or anything, does he?!? :P

You guys!!!!!!!!!!! I've just been woken up (lazy hobbit) by the post man, bringing me a parcel fron Empire magazine! It contain a lotr cap, t shirt, bag (which my dad's nicked to store his linking rings in :huh: ) and cd case!

I'm excited and I wanted to share :D:D:D:huh:

See u shortly. Looks like I'm going to be booking some train tickets today then? :D

WOW! That's great news bF! YIPEE! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cool prizes as well.

At last! We've been waiting ages to hear anything about that competition! Wonder who the number 1 LOTR nutcase is then, if it wasn't you? :unsure:

Hehehehe. My swords aren't exactly top-rate, not nearly. My faves are my white knives. They're gleaming with gold leaf and etching. But My second-rate Sting can be seen on my orc armour photos. Its chunky, heavy and resembles a Roman Gladius as opposed to a delicate Elven bane of the spider....

But nevertheless it does the job, and I keep it by my bed in case of people breaking into the house. So Sting looks after me.

I might have a look into Dragonlance then. I've never been much into great epics, I even thought I'd get away with never watching or reading LOTR because I didn't want to follow the trend, but hey....look what happened!!

I am glad you keep up to date with philosophy etc, I have several 1000 pagers, mostly Haralambos, Giddens and Laing. But that's mainly sociology. Big Ego boost here, I was top in the county at Sociology A-Level. So I'm not exactly a stupid hobbit.... :D:D I just get paranoid that I sound thick half the time. It's that orc helmet.

I am going to wear my hobbit trousers tomorrow at work. They are too comfortable. I might have to invest in some gardening gloves because the skin on my hands is falling off, oh how lovely.... :unsure::huh:

babyFrodo, I apologise for the weird e-mail you probably recieved from Sarowyn this afternoon. I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Honest. Nothing. It wasn't me. I wasn't in that photo. I was attacked by Faramir....they made me do it....oh things couldn't get any sillyer. ok, ok, we were just bored. That's it. :huh::D

Yay! I can make it to the photo shoot on the 7th. I shall bring along trusty (ahem) agent digital camera and a stack of batteries, coz ee gets ungry always and often drops off to sleep without warning.

This should be a fun experience. Who will be coming along? bF, Nickwise, me, Sarowyn? Anyone else? The more the merry!! :huh:

bF Your photobucket is superb!! I really like the way you've arranged the photos in order like that! He he he :unsure:

Your dark Sting photos are excellent. We should take more like that!

You guys!!!!!!!!!!! I've just been woken up (lazy hobbit) by the post man, bringing me a parcel fron Empire magazine! It contain a lotr cap, t shirt, bag (which my dad's nicked to store his linking rings in :huh: ) and cd case!

I'm excited and I wanted to share :D  :D  :D  :huh:

WOW! That's great news bF! YIPEE! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cool prizes as well.

At last! We've been waiting ages to hear anything about that competition! Wonder who the number 1 LOTR nutcase is then, if it wasn't you? :unsure:

Heya Lara!!!

I am also very proud of you babyFrodo, for making it into the official ranks of lotr madness!!!

:D

Just got back from Lara's and she won't be online till tomorrow but has allowed me to come and speak for her. So here goes...

*adopts english upper class with touch of tough adventurer accent*

"I will be able to make the 7th! But need to know soon to save on train fare."

:unsure: This is fun!!

"Also, I'm an Excellent Lara Croft look a like."

It's sad that I find that funny :huh::D

Yes that is sad! :huh:

Yay! I can make it to the photo shoot on the 7th. I shall bring along trusty (ahem) agent digital camera and a stack of batteries, coz ee gets ungry always and often drops off to sleep without warning.

This should be a fun experience. Who will be coming along? bF, Nickwise, me, Sarowyn? Anyone else? The more the merry!! :huh:

bF Your photobucket is superb!! I really like the way you've arranged the photos in order like that! He he he :unsure:

I'm so glad you can make it!!! yay!!!

And I'm loving your signature Agent Lara! :huh:

babyFrodo's photos are EXCELLENT!!!

I can't think of food right now, I have been thouroughly stuffed....Sarowyn, I confess, I have finished off all the gungy marshmellow chocolate stuff you *forced* me to take home. :huh: I am bad. And feel slightly sick....not to mention the pizza and more chocolate....

I'm going to make you a birthday card. And how come I can't see your name? where are you? you are hiding. You tomb raider, you.

#I've got some friends I can count on called the boogie woogie sheep! I dance myself to sleep!# We're just both childlike at heart. :( And how can you not like Bert and Ernie??? I'm rather a big fan of The Count too, and I know for a fact that Nick is a fan of Snuffy. I could burn you a CD with I dance myself to sleep on it actually...although I have no garrentees as to what other songs would be added... :D

The Count was my favourite character before I got a little older and started to appriciate the more sophisticated humour of the Bert and the Ernie :P !!!!! May I take you up on the cd burning offer? ;):D

I LOVE your pictures! ;) Man, you're right about those moody sting ones! You seriously look just like Elijah in them, it's spooky! They just rock. *in awe of costume, posing and photo capabilities* And randomly, you look really pretty in that first photo too you know. :)

Thanks!!!!! I *love* hearing that I look like Elijah!!!!!!!! Although people have said the to me and then (pippin) took the mic when I say thanks! Being actually mistaken for Elijah is waayyy embarassing though (if it's by three young teens who fancy him! :D That was at c5.)

I felt I had to add a pic of me not in costume just to prove that I'm not a boy!

I have all the fabric I need for a Merry costume now BTW. *Just realised she's said nothing on the subject* I've made myself a fellowship cloak, my Dernhelm trousers have been shorted, I've got a shirt, I've started mutilating a suit jacket to make it more Merry-ish and the waistcoat fabric is ready to actually be made into a waistcoat. Oh, and I've started on his bag (that can be seen in the costume design bit on fotr extended. Yay for characters with bags already designed! Eowyn and Arwen need bags dammit), so that just needs some straps and a drawstring really. With any luck, I can really get going on this in the coming week in between making odd bits and bobs for other outfits. *crosses fingers it all looks ok when finished*

This is great news!!!! You will so rock as Merry! I really like his Fellowship outfit. It's the jacket and waistcoat :(

Edited by babyFrodo

I am glad you keep up to date with philosophy etc, I have several 1000 pagers, mostly Haralambos, Giddens and Laing. But that's mainly sociology. Big Ego boost here, I was top in the county at Sociology A-Level. So I'm not exactly a stupid hobbit.... ;):( I just get paranoid that I sound thick half the time. It's that orc helmet.

Oooo, big pat on back for Nickwise!!! That's really impressive girl! I was cr@p at sociology! I kept back some of my notes though, because I liked them. If I could find them and type them up, you'd understand quite why I didn't do so good! :D

And there was a book shortage so we had to share one book between two or three. I'll add that the shortage might have been because Lara used to take them home with her (weren't ment to do that!) and forget to bring them back. One day she brought a load back and got them all out just after Sir had handed them out to everyone. So whilst the rest of the class were sharing, we had 5 copies!!!!! :D:P

Lara, do you remember "Gilroy's wonderland" and "Uncle Festinger"?

But again well done, Nickwise!!!!!!!! Real achievement there!

I never thought you were stupid , Sam, but now I'm a little worried that my little worker hobbit will rise up against his bourgeoisie master! (hope that's correct spelling)

babyFrodo, I apologise for the weird e-mail you probably recieved from Sarowyn this afternoon. I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Honest. Nothing. It wasn't me. I wasn't in that photo. I was attacked by Faramir....they made me do it....oh things couldn't get any sillyer. ok, ok, we were just bored. That's it.

lol!!!!! I don't believe you're at all sorry, dear! ;) LOL *wipes tear from eye*

Edited by babyFrodo

Yes, bring Agent Flare as well as Agent Digital Camera!

*there were two light sources in the dark sting pics. lara was waving the flare just in front of my face, whilst also trying to man the camera!*

I don't believe you're at all sorry, dear

She's not! Although she's maybe sorry that the bit of fabric I gagged her with tasted so foul, but otherwise I can assure you, she didn't say no to the idea! :lol:

May I take you up on the cd burning offer?

Of course you can! I'll put a bunch of other songs on there too...erm, anything you particulary don't like? I'm thinking I'll put some more sesame street tracks on, but there's bound to be space that calls to me to fill it.

Being actually mistaken for Elijah is waayyy embarassing though (if it's by three young teens who fancy him!  That was at c5.)

LOL! Did they scream and go mental like 'aaaaaaiiiiieeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Honestly, I take it this was when you were in costume? Why some people think that Elijah would come to collectormania dressed as frodo is beyond me...or maybe they think he's always like that. :blink: I can see them meeting him now 'I liked your feet when they were bigger and hairier...did you have plastic surgery?' Mind you, Nickwise was mistaked for Orlando Bloom when dressed as legolas...but that was by two little kids who were probably 4 years old. Unless you count the guy who shouted "It's orlando bloom in a dress!" at her...which was just random, because she was dressed as legolas and not actually in a dress.

People are odd. :lol:

This is great news!!!! You will so rock as Merry! I really like his Fellowship outfit. It's the jacket and waistcoat 

I love the waistcoat. I'm cheating a bit, because instead of embroidering it all, I got some of that embroidered upholstery type fabric instead, but doing all the embroidery would have taken me quite some time I think (and I can still add some more if I want too). I just hope it looks as good as you hope...I'm paranoid that my jacket isn't the right colour. :unsure: After watching RotK yesterday, his jacket looks more olive green than mine...and it's definatly more tweedy. *sighs* Never mind, it was the best I could find.

...I don't do quoting in a good order do I? :D I'm like, I'll just quote from wherever I feel like, and forget about the fact that I probably confuse you all. Heh, I should go shower now. Am smelly. :borg: I hope I can get on with some sewing today...

She's not! Although she's maybe sorry that the bit of fabric I gagged her with tasted so foul, but otherwise I can assure you, she didn't say no to the idea

*still coughing up bits of fellowship cloak.*

I guess I tend to get myself into these embarassing photo situations. Ah well. That's life. I care not. :D

I haven't done a scrap of gardening today. ^_^

Yes, I might rise up against the bourgeoisie Baggins and make Hobbiton a Commune! Woohoo!!! Plotting, I is.

See, I have grown an army of green beans, a whole patch of carrot soldiers and grenades made of taters....all in your back garden. Down with capitalism!!!! Gilroy *shudder* Festinger (this is ok, It reminds me of Mr Gill.) But I got sick of flippin' functionalism. 'yeah, everything's fine and dandy, we're all happy bunnies' :lol:

Unless you count the guy who shouted "It's orlando bloom in a dress!" at her...which was just random, because she was dressed as legolas and not actually in a dress.

what do you mean? I'm not Orlando Bloom? Who the hell am I then? :lol:

Elijah Wood does attend these events secretly, and is usually followed by some freak with a frying pan shouting 'Mr Frodo! Come to the Chilterns for a photoshoot!!!'

Oooo, big pat on back for Nickwise!!! That's really impressive girl!

The only reason I ever tried was because I wanted to prove that I was smarter than Ben, who is one of those guys who everyone hails as godlike because they seem to know the right answer all the time. I was the quiet one who pipped him at the post in every exam. Actually, by about 50 marks.... :lol::lol:

Saying that, I almost failed Physics and I cannot do maths to save my life.

So this gardener is staying in the alotment.

ok. I've lost my biscuit. :unsure: I think it might be in my inbox. I refuse to stand up.

Edited by Nickwise Gamgee

ahhhhhhhh typed out this whole message and then closed window.. FOOL OF A TOOK :blink:

ok attempt two :D

I was attacked by Faramir....they made me do it....

was that me? I didn't know what i was doing im so sorry, its my father you see, ive always been second best to boromir and i

was trying so hard to catch up, but then i let the tiny people go and got shot full of arrows and father wasn't pleased so he

tried to barberque me but one of those cute little things (armed with a carrot) saved me from becoming a kebab and after all

these events i was so upset that i wasn't thinking strait and im so sorry for sending a cavalry charge though your taters sam,

realy i am.... yes Beregond.... attacking legalos... not sam.... ahhhhh, no no, i ment to do that, yes i did plan it..... what no i havn't been in the sun.

I got asked for an autograph at C5, got asked for my credit card too, gave them both to the nice boy in baseball cap and hoddie holding a knife, he he these hobbits, will do anything to get their next fix of hobbit weed,

ohhhhhh shiney.............