Thoughts on the show?

LSM

So who here went and what did you think of the show?

Despite being relatively local to me I didn't go as all the guests that would have been of interest to me either cancelled (Foggy) or I had met before (O'Sullivan / Bruno).

I hope the show was a success as I'd like to see it to return on a regular basis. Although this line up wasn't to my personal taste that's not to say a line up for a return show won't.

So, thoughts on the show?

i'm like you i did't go , i don't know anyone that did despite knowing several people who collect sports autos and go to showmasters events when they book sports stars at Milton Keynes etc. would be interesting to see how it turned out, what put me off was the location, living in the midlands theres no direct train service, you have to go into london and then come back out again.with the event date at the start of the half term holidays and a bank holiday too i knew travel would be even worse than normal .car journeys are a nightmare too, when supporting our local football team there we are allways glad to see colchester off the fixture list.Last thing i wanted to do was try getting there by car. When the show is only sports based and theres nothing else and most of the sports stars have done several events there was little incentive to travel. i hope it was a success as showmasters do a good job in catering for a wide group of people, sports tends to be an afterthought for most organisers so credit that they are trying to do something. i hope its an event which can be moved around in future.Maybe a venue in leeds one year, liverpool the next, Birmingham another. can't see colchester working, although i'm sure people local to that are happy and i hope it did work out.

Edited by loveamyadams

I live very close (Clacton) and was delighted when they announced Colchester Sportsmania but last Saturday I was in London (at a concert at the RAH, booked months before). I know the stadium well: it is small but it is new and functional; I really would like to know how it went in terms of attendance and venue suitability. Certainly, the event lasted only for a few hours, as many guests were available during the 11-14 slot and this probably didn't encourage a lot of people to attend. :closedeyes:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Another Midlander here, who would have attended a May show in MK as per usual.

I know there are issues that mean MK was off the agenda, but Colchester for that line up (and the traffic problems due to air show etc) put me right off.

Did anyone go as the lack of any response here is somewhat shocking.

Hi guys, I hope everyone is well. I attended the Sportsmania event on Saturday & I believe it was a success. I live in Norwich so it's only one and a half hours drive for me however I drove down Friday evening & stayed in a hotel 10 mins away from the event to make the most out of the weekend. The venue was great in my opinion, free parking within a more than big enough car park, cafe onsite selling hot & cold snacks, nice reception area with small seating area. The event was held on the first floor, initially when I walked into the main signing & dealers room I thought it was a little small however it was perfect size, more than big enough for walking around a queuing for guests without getting in people's way. Photo shoots were on the same floor but down a corridor within a separate room & easy access to toilets were on the same floor as well. It was really nice, clean, calm & cool in the venue. I am a Boxing fan but only went to meet Billy Joe Saunders & George Groves as the others in attendance I had already had the pleasure to of met. Billy Joe Saunders was great, a real genuine guy that likes his fans, really friendly & a great laugh just as I expected. Unfortunately George Groves was due for 11:00 however he was apparently running late due to heavy traffic according to the Showmasters crew. It was suspected that he would have been arriving at 12:00 however I stayed waiting until 14:00 to then be told that Showmasters assume that he will not be attending. I was gutted as I had a few items that I wanted to be signed, a pre booked photo shoot & this was the second time for me were I had gone to an event & he had not turned up. I would like to say that although I was gutted I hope he is ok & it also is not Showmasters fault in anyway. The Showmasters crew are always great, good to talk to & there to help if needed.

It was a great turn out, lots of people & good times had by all that attended. Great choice in venue, easy access of the A12, hopefully this will mean more Sportsmania events will be held here in the future. Thank you Showmasters!

• Like 2