Jenna-Louise Coleman

timelord81r

I'm proud to say I have never seen her in any of her previous work, I don't do soaps :P I'm sure they have cast somebody who works well with Matt. Personally I hope she isn't from Earth in the show, or is from an earlier point in history. So many of the alien companions from the Classic series brought something that companions from the modern day UK just can't, think Jamie, Zoe, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, Adric, Mel?

I'm not going to start along the "she must be terrible, she's not Karen" stuff I've been hearing in the media, because frankly I like to think they'd only cast somebody to be the companion for the 50th anniversary if they were going to be good. I'm excited to wait and see!

I saw the first two eps of Titanic the other night and while she isn't exactly stretched in those episodes she does display a certain something and has a couple of scenes where she shows some spunk so I've high hopes she'll be ace.

I also am bored of the companions fancying the Doctor, it's one of the reasons I loved Donna so much.

No idea who she is either.

I too hope shes not another wants to hump the Doctor companion.

From when I first saw the show Series 7 (Pertwee's first) to the end of the Sylv series the show as must see. I videoed it once I have a VCR and scheduled my going out around the show.

After about hlaf way through Tennant's first season it became Sky+ it and watch it when I get time. All the soppy fancying each other made me lose interest. I didn't and still don't like the 45 minutes episode stories, turning it into a UK version of Buffy/Angel really did it in for me.

I didn't like Donna at all. Then we got Amy (how many times can I or my boyfriend/hubby die and I cry) Pond.

I think it shows how little the show means to me now that I am struggling to even remember what Amy's botfriend/hubby is called)

I also don't like that Moffat is trying to be too clever for his own good. Bad Wolf worked well. I was there but it wasn't thrown down your throat, unlike that crack, The Silence and The Doctor is dead. Did we need to be told that every bloody episode?

Hopefully after the 50th anniversary year Moffat will move on.

haha yer the im going to die, cry for me tennant specials did my bloody head in! we even got a 10 minute cafe scene with it lol

I have no prior knowledge of her, so I'll wait and see, though part of me says: NOOOOOOO,IDON'TWANTAMYTOGO!!!!!!!

Now that's out of my system, I feel better now!

i can happily live without amy and rory now, even though I like them, this constant multi leaving eps thing annoys me.

i still miss martha though lol, hope 11 runs into her again

No idea who she is either.

I too hope shes not another wants to hump the Doctor companion.

From when I first saw the show Series 7 (Pertwee's first) to the end of the Sylv series the show as must see. I videoed it once I have a VCR and scheduled my going out around the show.

After about hlaf way through Tennant's first season it became Sky+ it and watch it when I get time. All the soppy fancying each other made me lose interest. I didn't and still don't like the 45 minutes episode stories, turning it into a UK version of Buffy/Angel really did it in for me.

I didn't like Donna at all. Then we got Amy (how many times can I or my boyfriend/hubby die and I cry) Pond.

I think it shows how little the show means to me now that I am struggling to even remember what Amy's botfriend/hubby is called)

I also don't like that Moffat is trying to be too clever for his own good. Bad Wolf worked well. I was there but it wasn't thrown down your throat, unlike that crack, The Silence and The Doctor is dead. Did we need to be told that every bloody episode?

Hopefully after the 50th anniversary year Moffat will move on.

omg someone who has the same opinion as me about moffat, i really thought i was alone!!

all the sci fi mags rave about moff and smith! it gets v. dull!

I love matt smith

I used to love the moff, now, well I like him but im starting to think he is a bit too cocky for his own good, him and gatis (same with sherlock) think they are oh so clever. which sometimes they are but clever doesnt always mean interesting and good.

i wasnt series 6 biggest fan lol (but overall i loved series 5), I love arc tv but not in doctor who, I dont think it works as well in doctor who, small threads, reccuring baddies/issues yes, but massive arcs, not a fan, although key to time did it well enough.

too much wibbly wobbly also in new who.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the first two eps of Titanic the other night and while she isn't exactly stretched in those episodes she does display a certain something and has a couple of scenes where she shows some spunk so I've high hopes she'll be ace.

I also am bored of the companions fancying the Doctor, it's one of the reasons I loved Donna so much.

ayeee i love his relationship with karen too, mon the gingers! I loved his relationship with Rose, but for now I think there should only be one rose.

I've not seen her in anything so far, but that's probably a good thing, no previous part or character to judge her on.

I like the idea of her being an alien, rather than from earth, I think that would be a good call, and buck the recent trend of companions.

In the meantime still more episodes with Karen before she goes and she's played a fantastic character and what's more was a pleasure to meet at the LFCC, lovely guest.

• 4 weeks later...

I love Karen as Amy and would rather she didn't leave :D But she is so I'll have to deal with it lol.

I've only seen her in Titanic and I liked her character in that. Though I didn't realise it was her until I saw her name in the credits of the 3rd episode. After realising it was her, it actually got me more excited and interested in her joining Doctor Who, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing how she fits in and plays the character.