ECLIPSE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Below is the schedule of events for Eclipse! :uhoh:

We are all getting really excited in the office now as in exactly 2 months time we will all be at the event having loads of fun with you guys! :D

The photo and autograph sessions will be called by registration number, but don't worry, we will make sure everyone knows where they should be and when they should be there so you all get what you should! :D

We have some fantastic surprises for you that will be incorporated into the various events we have planned and we can't wait to share them with you!

Roll on March! :(

Mark :D

-2-2.jpg

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schedule looks really good. :(

Has the policy on extra autographs been decided yet? I know we get one free, but do you know if we can get extra ones and how much they will be if we can?

I'm getting really excited about this now.

Just wondering where I can get the money to buy my Eclipse 2 tickets........... :uhoh:

what are the guest numbers?

And when are we gonna know our registration numbers? I'm only going for one day so I really need to what rgistration/ticket number I am so I know which day I need to go.

And can you not register on sunday if I am going only on sunday? Because apparently since I only got my ticket on sunday...my registration number would be far back and it might be on sunday...but it doesn't say anything about registering on sunday!

God I hope Hayden's photoshoot is not guest A/B or 1/2, that's too early for me... Are guest numbers sorted by the order they are announced?

If I could get an answer to this asap it would be much appreciated, since I can only be there for one day... :uhoh:

Edited by charliedcn

Thanks! It´s cool to have the schedule already!

It is a bit confusing, yes, but I hope it won´t be that confusing once we know who guest is what letter and once we are there. I will have to write it all down just like at college, lol

Perhaps it's because of how many rooms are available for the event, but I really don't like how this has been set out. There's a tried and true method for con schedules, and it's stayed that way for a reason.

Esp. because of how this is set out, some people are going to be carrying their bulky signing items around all day, instead of a few hours like normally.

Because of how this has been done, it seems we'll also spend more of our times in queues for signings and photos, while very little time reserved for actual guest talks.

Having a schedule like this has seriously put me off booking any more events run by Massive, because it all just looks like a big hassle. Though obviously this could change when I expirence the event first hand.

Perhaps it's because of how many rooms are available for the event, but I really don't like how this has been set out. There's a tried and true method for con schedules, and it's stayed that way for a reason.

Esp. because of how this is set out, some people are going to be carrying their bulky signing items around all day, instead of a few hours like normally.

Because of how this has been done, it seems we'll also spend more of our times in queues for signings and photos, while very little time reserved for actual guest talks.

Having a schedule like this has seriously put me off booking any more events run by Massive, because it all just looks like a big hassle. Though obviously this could change when I expirence the event first hand.

I'm not even going and this schedule has kinda put me off Chevron 7 (as I was umming and arring going to that) :D

:uhoh:

LLAP :(

How can you predict whether this will or will not work or will or will not be better than you are used to??

You may come away form this event wishing they were all run in this manner.

Give it a chance

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

I just want to address some of the points that you raised as it is important to us that you understand where we are coming from.

Just because other people run their conventions in one way why does that mean that ours wont work? Several years ago Collectors events ran one way, which could have been termed 'tried and true' and then we came along with Collectormania and our virtual queues and everyone copied us! Trust me when I say that we have thought this convention through with exactly the same degree of care we did when we originally planned Collectormania!

Everything that is in the schedule is where it is for a reason! Granted, there is no way in 2 full days to make everything absolutely perfect for every single attendee. However, we do believe that what we have put in place will work in the best way it is possible for it to and that most importantly everyone will get everything that they should!

We have no desire to have people standing in queues all day! Why would we? We don't at our other shows, and whilst there is inevitably going to be some queuing it will be no more than is necessary!

We have time for all the guests to be on stage twice over the weekend and then also in addition they will all be on together for a third time Sunday afternoon! I fail to see how that is not enough time on stage. In fact, in order to get 800 people through autograph sessions and potentially the same through photo sessions you could not have any more time on stage! Granted, if there were only 200 people attending the event then we could have much more stage time, but we dont! We have 800 people going to be attending and whilst stage time is very important, so is making sure that everyone gets their autographs, photo shoots and chance to meet each guest personally!

It is our job to make sure we dont mess it up and that we give you all the best convention experience you have ever had! We are confident that we can and will do that, and we look forward to experiencing that with you all.

Mark :uhoh:

Well, I for one am looking forward to it. And it seems like there is the opportunity for everyone to get their photos and autographs and attend guest talks with all of the guests at least once. And since there are 6 guests listed it looks promising that another guest will be announced!! :uhoh:

what are the guest numbers?

And when are we gonna know our registration numbers? I'm only going for one day so I really need to what rgistration/ticket number I am so I know which day I need to go.

And can you not register on sunday if I am going only on sunday? Because apparently since I only got my ticket on sunday...my registration number would be far back and it might be on sunday...but it doesn't say anything about registering on sunday!

God I hope Hayden's photoshoot is not guest A/B or 1/2, that's too early for me... Are guest numbers sorted by the order they are announced?

If I could get an answer to this asap it would be much appreciated, since I can only be there for one day... :(

bumps question *

I think it's an interesting approach and I'm curious to see if it works. I like the fact that you will not be torn between talks and photoshoots on the Saturday (puzzled as to why it wasn't copied to the Sunday though). I'm also wondering how many rooms there will be for the function, as on the Sunday, there is a talk, scheduled at the same time as a signing AND a photoshoot (which would imply two, if not three venues).

I guess my (few and minor) concerns would be entertainment on Saturday prior to the talks, given as the main hall will be used for autos etc. I realise there will be a dealers room, I just hope there won't be lots of people sat around bored and frustrated. I also wonder if 30 minutes is enough time to turn the main hall round (and presumably to check the sound and lighting equipment.) Finally, other events auto sessions tend to run late, which is why they put them on last, where there is 'wiggle room', where as it seems like there will be less wiggle room here.

What i really like though is that if the autos DO run on schedule, then there is a planned 2 hour gap between the last planned event in the main hall (talks or closing ceremony) and the start of the party... who knows, maybe we'll even get to eat! :) (Will also means that anyone dressing up will have plenty of time to get ready.)

The schedule mentions that the registration desk is open from 9.30 on Sunday if that's any help?

I for one like the schedule as it seems now, thanks for putting it up.

I have a few questions though:

Why are on the Saturday the guests listed with letters and on Sunday with numbers?

What does "alt stage" mean? (alternative stage?)

And what are the displays mentioned?

Edited by Zarina

The schedule mentions that the registration desk is open from 9.30 on Sunday if that's any help?

Yea that helps slightly, the reason why I had to ask is to clarify is the registration desk opened on sunday ONLY opened for selling Eclipse 2 tickets or can you register aswell?

Does that mean no group photo with all guests planned??

I was just about to ask that! :(

++edit by chrismk++

Although it could be possible after lunch on the Saturday?

Thinking about it though, some other organisers do photo sessions with multiple guests (and from an organiser point of view, this increases photo sales!)

Edited by chrismk

I think the problem people are having is that a lot of them attend several conventions a year and are used to the set format.

People don't like change.

This being my second ever event, it doesn't really bother me too much.

In response to a previous poster asking what else there is to do in the spare time during the day, well hopefully you will have met enough new people to find something to do between you.

I'll just be in the bar all weekend.

Is there anything close to the hotel e.g. cinema, bowling alley for those people who may get bored easily?

• Showmasters Admin

I think it's an interesting approach and I'm curious to see if it works. I like the fact that you will not be torn between talks and photoshoots on the Saturday (puzzled as to why it wasn't copied to the Sunday though). I'm also wondering how many rooms there will be for the function, as on the Sunday, there is a talk, scheduled at the same time as a signing AND a photoshoot (which would imply two, if not three venues).

I guess my (few and minor) concerns would be entertainment on Saturday prior to the talks, given as the main hall will be used for autos etc. I realise there will be a dealers room, I just hope there won't be lots of people sat around bored and frustrated. I also wonder if 30 minutes is enough time to turn the main hall round (and presumably to check the sound and lighting equipment.) Finally, other events auto sessions tend to run late, which is why they put them on last, where there is 'wiggle room', where as it seems like there will be less wiggle room here.

What i really like though is that if the autos DO run on schedule, then there is a planned 2 hour gap between the last planned event in the main hall (talks or closing ceremony) and the start of the party... who knows, maybe we'll even get to eat! :) (Will also means that anyone dressing up will have plenty of time to get ready.)

Hi there,

We didn't copy Saturday exactly for Sunday's schedule as we felt that people would want a little extra time in bed after the Petrelli Ball which is sure to go on late!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Also, we wanted to give a little bit of variation in the day, and with fitting everything in that we have to this is the way we felt would work best! :(

On the Saturday morning before the talks a lot of people will be spending time with autographs and photo sessions and that should keep people fairly occupied! In addition to those activities though we will have the dealers room and display rooms to look at. We don't want anyone sitting round bored either and we will make sure there is plenty to keep everyone happy and busy! :P We do have less 'wiggle room' on the autograph sessions than if we put them at the end of the day, but we have thought about it hard and we believe that across the 2 days we have a little 'wiggle room', although we don't believe that we will need it!

The gap in the evening is also something that we felt was very important as we want the parties to be a really integral part to the event, and so that means people need time to eat and get ready in a relaxed fashion!

Mark :D