please help me

hi ya,

I have never done any other event apart from collectormania as i live really close to Milton Keynes.

I really would love to go to this show.

How easy is it from Milton Keynes to London, i have never done the tube on my own and if i went wrong i would panic please help me.

It's really easy on the trains, especially if you get one of the quick Virgin ones. They go into Euston and it's really easy to get on the underground. It can be a little daunting getting the underground for the first time but all you need to do is make sure you know your route before hand. Know what tube lines you need, where you need to swap trains and which station to get off at. The tube staff are usually very friendly so don't hesitate to ask them directions if you get worried. There are always large maps of the underground on display and directions to the different lines are always well signposted. Platforms are usually opposite each other with signs showing which stations each side is going towards, just make sure you get the right platform, although it's not a problem if you get on the wrong train, just get off at the next stop and come back!

Just remember to keep bags with you, and either stand on the right of the esculators or walk up on the left!

I really wouldn't worry. It's a train straight down to London, then an easy tube ride. You go straight from Milton Keynes Central to London Euston. Once you're at London Euston you get on the 'tube'.

At this point, people will argue about your best route. Some people will tell you to get the circle line westbound, and change at High Street Kensington. My opinion is that you'd have to be a nutcase to take that route - I would take the Picadilly line from Euston to Victoria, then take the district line to Earls Court.

Don't be intimidated by the tube - it's a very easy system to understand, and there'll always be someone to ask!

I live in MK as well. I was told the easiest route is to Watford Junction and train from there direct to Earls Court.

If its any help I was planning going down on the Saturday on my own. Wouldnt dare do the Sunday, trains would be near on impossible,

I'm 16 and i manage it.

And i have like no common sense lol.

I print a underground map off first and plan my route before i go.

And take the map with me - even though there are ones at the stations.

It means you cn check it when you are on the trains.

Hiya lovely. Hope you are well. I always go on the train to this event too and the train from brum goes through milton keynes so we would be going exactly the same way. The tube system is really very easy to understand. I get the tube from london euston on the northern line (buy a day ticket here for the zone 1) to embankment. Then swap to the district line and take it to earl's court station and 10min walk to the venue (if you wanted to buy a ticket that covers zone 2 aswell you can take the tube one further stop up to west brompton - this is right outside the venue). The stations are very well signposted so it's difficult to go wrong.

I would offer to guide you but im assuming you are traveling on the morning of the event. Im going up on the night before and staying in a hotel.

.Then

hi ya,

I have never done any other event apart from collectormania as i live really close to Milton Keynes.

I really would love to go to this show.

How easy is it from Milton Keynes to London, i have never done the tube on my own and if i went wrong i would panic please help me.

I really wouldn't worry. It's a train straight down to London, then an easy tube ride. You go straight from Milton Keynes Central to London Euston. Once you're at London Euston you get on the 'tube'.

At this point, people will argue about your best route. Some people will tell you to get the circle line westbound,

As somebody has posted elsewhere, according to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/r...ck-closures.pdf

the Circle line is shut on the Saturday and Sunday of the show. (I would check again nearer the day, but they tend to be pretty set in stone about these things).

and change at High Street Kensington. My opinion is that you'd have to be a nutcase to take that route - I would take the Picadilly line from Euston to Victoria, then take the district line to Earls Court.

1. That'll be the Victoria line from Euston to Victoria - the Piccadilly line doesn't go through either station

2. The same Transport For London (www.tfl.gov.uk) document referenced above also says that the District line will be shut between Earl's Court and Whitechapel that weekend.

Personally I would either walk from Euston to King's Cross, or catch the Victoria line (light blue) 1 stop "north"bound to KX. There I would change to the Picadilly line (dark blue) westbound (if not marked as westbound it'll be marked as southbound, but I'm pretty sure it will say w/b) and that will deposit you at Earl's Court.

(The pedants will point out that you could also get the Northern line (black) one stop "south"bound to KX, but given the fact that there are two branches of the Northern line at Euston, you could get on the wrong one - which wouldn't be a real problem, you can change to the Piccadilly at Leicester Square - so I'll avoid the Northern line complications for your first trip :-)

If you can't find a tube map, try http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/colourmap.pdf

Don't be intimidated by the tube - it's a very easy system to understand, and there'll always be someone to ask!

He's right, you know! It's a lot easier to travel the route than write it :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I have also only ever been to Collectormania! and hope to travel down to the London Con in September. I will be travelling from Staffordshire, so thanks for asking the question! The reply's have been a great help to me too :thumbup: