Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

Okay heads up I don’t think Bill Paterson is in the best health just grabbed my autograph but Damn was his hands shakey.

up to everyone but I’m not sure myself if it’s worth the strain on him

I've seen elsewhere one guest before he sat down put a sign up saying £10 for personisations and £10 to sign any personal items. When he got told he cant do that, has put a new sign saying no personalisation and not personal items.

As a consequence he has no queue

54 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I've seen elsewhere one guest before he sat down put a sign up saying £10 for personisations and £10 to sign any personal items. When he got told he cant do that, has put a new sign saying no personalisation and not personal items.

As a consequence he has no queue

Yeah I’ve seen whose gone and done that.

i May go and look at the no queue

9 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Yeah I’ve seen whose gone and done that.

i May go and look at the no queue

The sign is now down, he must have realised how few people were getting his autograph

Edited by Mfahey79

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Claire Higgins has also cancelled today unsure about tomorrow at this time 

They've confirmed she's ill so wont be here this weekend, but have moved her to the summer show

Edited by Mfahey79

9 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

The sign is now down, he must have realised how few people were getting his autograph

But also at the same time, full credit to Showmasters for not letting him pull this stunt.

And shows the guest up as a bit petulant and not at all fan friendly

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

They've confirmed she's ill so wont be here this weekend, but have moved her to the summer show

Just seen on Facebook so yeah that’s a shame given it was so late in the game, but at the same time I’m seeing a lot of accusations as to why she’s not attending appearing, mainly due to a drinking problem.

but overall day 1 went well for me, got everyone I wanted and Tony Lee wasn’t behind a desk he was out and about chatting to his fans, and I had a wonderful convo about his audios, may have to get some of his Comics in the future. Or maybe even flat pack the boxsets.

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

But also at the same time, full credit to Showmasters for not letting him pull this stunt.

And shows the guest up as a bit petulant and not at all fan friendly

It was amazing that something was done about it, I’ve only seen it been valid at an event once when word got out that someone was going to scalp Garrick Haggon at a smaller event so only Doctor who stuff was eligible to be signed, and then Spielberg will never signed anything “Schindler’s List” which given the subject matter yeah never challenging that.

overall I hope word spreads and that Sheridan has learned his lesson from being an utter idiot about it, over estimating his value a little too much, and even then shouldn’t be acting like that.

21 hours ago, D-C-A said:

It was amazing that something was done about it, I’ve only seen it been valid at an event once when word got out that someone was going to scalp Garrick Haggon at a smaller event so only Doctor who stuff was eligible to be signed, and then Spielberg will never signed anything “Schindler’s List” which given the subject matter yeah never challenging that.

overall I hope word spreads and that Sheridan has learned his lesson from being an utter idiot about it, over estimating his value a little too much, and even then shouldn’t be acting like that.

Well you say that, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but I've read that he still refused to sign personal items at his desk, but got people to meet him elsewhere to sign them. Which is odd if true

Edited by Mfahey79

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Well, it seems we are getting a big guest on Wednesday, and strong rumours that it will be a Doctor Who guest

The complaints more like it no hints at all and everyone complains and assumes it’s Gonna be Doctor who, they’re never satisfied, if it’s Doctor who great, if not no harm no foul

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Well you say that, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but I've read that he still refused to sign personal items at his desk, but got people to meet him elsewhere to sign them. Which is odd if true

Yeah a lot of contradictory evidence, but the stronger consensus was that he was being a muppet as previous meters have said he’s charged more for certain items in the past at other events, based on value so that people can’t make money on it, which is a (Insert nasty word relating to bottom) if people are genuine collectors.

2 hours ago, D-C-A said:

The complaints more like it no hints at all and everyone complains and assumes it’s Gonna be Doctor who, they’re never satisfied, if it’s Doctor who great, if not no harm no foul

I've seen a couple of comments by people in the know, who have said cant wait to see WHO it will be. Strongly implying it's a Doctor Who guest.

But yes, there are the usual comments complaing about it already. And the usual Joseph Quinn crowd

21 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I've seen a couple of comments by people in the know, who have said cant wait to see WHO it will be. Strongly implying it's a Doctor Who guest.

But yes, there are the usual comments complaing about it already. And the usual Joseph Quinn crowd

Ahaha they’re out already are they, if they do get him which Nothing against him at all (once again my declaration for his success is one of congratulations) but I do hope they don’t given the storm that was his last two appearances but July would be most appropriate for him, especially if they do have the bigger area available for him and both halls again, thus allowing a better tragic flow and maybe better guest placement.

as for big guests obviously we have the usual suspects of Modern Doctors and companions, being requested sans one Clarke, even then people still want him, I call those people morally bankrupt.

currently a few names have moved up the list in terms of want, Maureen O’Brien, Peter Purves, Anneke Wills, Louise Jameson, Janet Fielding & Mark Strikson as lost in time & “The Light at the end” have both had a Solid Addition in the form of Frazer Hines who signed one page of the later set with a II to signify playing the Doctor, and he had some interesting things to say about him and Michael plaything the Doctor, that Michael sounds like Patrick, but he sounds like Patrick playing the Doctor.

Maggie Service I had a nice moment with as we discussed Michael Jayston and his recent passing over the signing of “The Last Adventure”, and Michelle Greenidge I had a lovely time with as someone who came from the foster system and adoption myself I was very happy to meet her for playing a foster parent in the Show, Karl Collins openly stated his intention to do more shows and by god the man seemed more excited to see his fans than most would expect of him

Overall I didn’t have a bad experience with any guest but as I said Bill Paterson didn’t seem Physically capable of it anymore sadly and that was a massive shame, but I did have one negative experience during the queue for Billies photo as their did seem to be a few grunts and moans when the Diamond pass 100 were called from impatient fans, hell half the hall seemed to descend for a photo with her.

Julien Bleach was in a good mood, he was running late but made it up by giving everyone his time for as long as he could before being moved on, and even in the photos he was a cheerful man, which I think many expected him to be up-tight.

i think I made a positive impression towards Ruth Madaley as I asked about a line in the show which had been deemed controversial relating to Kate Lethbridge-Stewert saying that she’d seen Shirley move her legs, and Ruth smiled and said she felt it was important to help expand peoples minds about disability that because she needs the wheelchair she isn’t confined to it, which I’m happy she was okay with it.

• Like 1

Unless someone else had Frazer put 'II' on their 'Light At The End', I was talking to you in the queue for Julian Bleach. I've also seen you at St Michael's in Chiswick!

9 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Capaldi or Eccleston hopefully

16 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

who said that and where did they and yea i never think the Joseph Quinn lot will stop

9 hours ago, Geoff K said:

Unless someone else had Frazer put 'II' on their 'Light At The End', I was talking to you in the queue for Julian Bleach. I've also seen you at St Michael's in Chiswick!

I sir would like to assume I’m the only pedantic who would have such a distinction, whilst it’s improper by many means, he played the second Doctor and thus I feel he should be honoured as such with a II on the character page, as such I now only miss numbers III, IV, XI, XII, XIV & XV.

speaking of IV I checked and my cover arrived safely with the company and my dad also asked when it was due back but god love him he asked “when are you getting that cover back from Jon Pertwee” causing a hefty laugh from me and a sarcastic retort of “I’ve been waiting nearly 30 years now”

Just now, LSmith said:

who said that and where did they and yea i never think the Joseph Quinn lot will stop

Same lot who want Jenna Ortega and won’t stop asking for them even tho 80% of them couldn’t afford them nor be able to meet them without a diamond pass

15 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Same lot who want Jenna Ortega and won’t stop asking for them even tho 80% of them couldn’t afford them nor be able to meet them without a diamond pass

yes sadly there never gonna stop

Also guys I’ll start doing the Guests for July later today as I’m currently on a long day of work, but we’ve got a few to list, so I’m tempted to do a post per guest for easier interactivity with each guest

2 hours ago, LSmith said:

In regards to the comment about being a Dr Who guest, it was on a convention group on Facebook, the guy who runs it made the comment on the announcement

The Jospeh Quinn comments were on Showmasters announcement

Edited by Mfahey79